Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Once you get to the
Shiva
questline post ARR, the storytelling improves -immensely-. But prior to that? Ehh not great hah. Very tropey and full of cliches.

After that though? Yeah, pretty engaging, to say the least.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Many people cant seem to get into the game cause of the 2.5 sec GCD which I totally agree.

Which is only a problem for some classes until later, when they get off GCD abilities you can weave between GCD.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Like normal I come back to the game cannot remember anyything so start a new charecter to get the feel of the game again and then remembered the god awful MSQ. I just skip cutscene them now i vagley remember the storyline, I will start watching again from HW i seem to remember that being pretty decent. Only got half way through the last expansion.

Gone with WHM this time fancy being a healer this time around and instant queues are very handy for pushing through the MSQ. The ammount of extra stuff this game has at times is so over whelming, I am unlocking stuff all the time that I have no clue if I should be paying attention to or not

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apparently people dig the glamour I put together last night.

4amh86n8ufa31.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
Should've gone PLD and glamoured a round shield for the full Chrono Trigger effect.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still going slowly through the story in between gathering, crafting, doing SB daily beast tribes on my dancer(65), etc...

I just finished Rak'tika Greatwoods, getting ready for the next part. Still enjoying the story tremendously.

I got my weaver to 80 now, damn the white scrip outfit is awesome. :)

Goldsmith is 79, should be 80 tonight. I'll be able to craft accessories for my crafters who are still using 71 accessories. I crafted off-hand for the weaver with my carpenter, so these guys are slowly gearing up.

I refuse to buy anything, so it's time consuming, I go gather everything and craft everything myself. I'm still having issues with some stuff since some mats are only available in zones where I don't have access. Still enough for me to keep busy though. I can craft and sell some stuff. I'm back to 12M after being down to 100K when I bought my medium house at the end of early access.

So all in all, I'm happy with my progression in the expansion so far. It will probably take me another 2 weeks or so before I finish the MSQ, I should have a few more crafters at 80 by then too. Only Armorer and Culinarian are still below 70, doing the Namazu dailies with armorer so he'll catch up soon enough. I have about 40-50 leves left, so I'm good on that front too.

I'm playing a lot for me(40hours a week or so) and I still can't find time to do all the thing I would like to do which is great, but also sometimes frustrating, like I got my medium house but I've put zero times decorating it, so it's still mostly empty after 2 weeks, or I haven't been to the Gold Saucer since expansion came out etc...

Better than not having anything to do though. :)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I am crazy, but I enjoyed the story through out ARR. I'm glad that I didn't skip it, but I can see where someone who is more about the end game would get annoyed with having to do a few hundred quests to be able to start the current expansion's content.

As for the GCD, it doesn't bother me too much. I just started the Samurai, and the flow seems good to me. I never was a big button pusher anyway, so maybe that's why the GCD does not bother me.

I can say that I loved the rogue/ninja story line, but I did not like the Mandra stuff at all. I would have much rather just have abilities that did the finisher for each of them rather than having to weave the mandra stuff together and then make it happen. I ended up going with macros that weave the mandra and give the desired effect at the end, but it was slow and clunky. I am more than grateful that the samurai does not have that shit.

As for the 2 group (8 man raids), I liked the cut scenes because it really added to the story, but they were a bit long at times. Some of the characters made me want to yell shut the hell up already lol. What I didn't like was the way that everybody in these 8 man raids just ran as fast as possible from objective to objective to complete it. It felt super rushed. There were times that I was struggling just to figure out where the fuck everybody went. At one point, I even managed to get left behind because I didn't realize that everybody had to click on this thing before going downstairs. Up until that point, it was fine for one person to do the clicking, so I had no reason to believe it would be different then. I ended up having to back track, and then I was completely alone. Imagine being alone in a raid dungeon with no fucking idea where to go. Thankfully, it pulled me to the boss mob when they started the fight.

As for the glamour in the game.... it is probably the most important thing there is lol. Why do I say this? Because the designers for one reason or another decided to put lots of fucking stupid looking outfits in the game that you get as you level up. If you don't want to look 100% derp derp, you have to use glamour to fix it. For instance, I looked like a grade A 100% bad ass motherfucker at level 50 on my ninja. I looked like someone you did not want to fuck with in a dark alley. Then the red mage job opened up to me, so I thought hey lets try that out. The garb they gave me to put on made me look like some fucking loser who should be trying out for the Village People or something. I was like you got to fucking be kidding me. Sadly, I finished the last objective of the original ARR MSQ as a red mage, so I was walking around in that shit thew a butt load of cut scenes. The "You Have Beaten ARR" screenshot as they rolled the credits has me in that damned suit.

Anyway. Insanely fun game. I now hate the fact that my brother is going to force me to play WoW when WoW Classic finally opens. Going to be like sticking needles in my eyes playing that after this game.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like normal I come back to the game cannot remember anyything so start a new charecter to get the feel of the game again and then remembered the god awful MSQ. I just skip cutscene them now i vagley remember the storyline, I will start watching again from HW i seem to remember that being pretty decent. Only got half way through the last expansion.

Gone with WHM this time fancy being a healer this time around and instant queues are very handy for pushing through the MSQ. The ammount of extra stuff this game has at times is so over whelming, I am unlocking stuff all the time that I have no clue if I should be paying attention to or not
The only extras you need to really worry about is getting your chocobo from your grand company. If you want to be able to do your full roulettes you will need to unlock the dungeons, alliance raids and normal raids but they aren't required. Once you hit Heavensward it is good to do the flying unlock quests (there are 5 per zone, usually 2 or 3 are MSQ quests).

Most of the other stuff has some gain to it (for example your retainers can net you money) but none of it is required.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
So, that fat chocobo mount we got in America by buying something on Amazon a while back is being offered in China, but... they have a LOT harder stipulation to get one. They have to eat a boatload of food at KFC. They only get the code given to them AFTER they consume all the food and drink in the restaurant.

It's not that much food though really...
  • 1 Double Chicken Burger
  • 1 Vegan Mushroom Burger
  • 1 5-piece Chicken Nuggets
  • 2 Original Recipe Chicken
  • 1 2-piece New Orland Chicken Wings
  • 1 Old Beijing Spicy Duck Roll
  • 2 Pepsi (Large)
  • 2 Peach Oolong Tea (Large)
Oh... but, wait there's more. That's one person's worth of the meal. The deal said you have to eat a four person meal. So.... all of that times 4. Yep.

• 4 Double Chicken Burger
  • 4 Vegan Mushroom Burger
  • 4 5-piece Chicken Nuggets
  • 8 Original Recipe Chicken
  • 4 2-piece New Orland Chicken Wings
  • 4 Old Beijing Spicy Duck Roll
  • 8 Pepsi (Large)
  • 8 Peach Oolong Tea (Large)
People are grouping up to "raid" the challenge, but they have to do it 4 times to get everybody in the group a code lol.

The twitter comments are hilarious! I have a new found respect for the gamers of China now LOL!!!

Chinese FF14 players are eating inhuman piles of KFC to earn Chocobos | PC Gamer

I damn near busted out laughing at work when I read the comment about the tank and red mage going down, the white mage resurrected the red mage, but the red mage refused to continue fighting LOL!!!! OMG!!! LOL!!!

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Finally a raid I could solo.

Hardest part would be choking down a nasty ass vegan mushroom burger. I wonder if they'd let you sub in chicken burgers for those.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finally a raid I could solo.

Hardest part would be choking down a nasty ass vegan mushroom burger. I wonder if they'd let you sub in chicken burgers for those.
In the reddit post about it there were apparently quite a few chinese comments about how disgusting it was, with one comparing it to kissing a morbol, so yeah. I mean vegan shit can be good, but mushroom burger definitely doesn't sound like it. I'm biased since I don't really like mushrooms to begin with.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Finally got my InnoEx kill from a random pug group on two tries. Now gonna start to work on Thotiana this week. Also what's the fastest way to level an alt job from 71-80? MSQ roulette dailies and spam HoH or highest level dungeons?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finally got my InnoEx kill from a random pug group on two tries. Now gonna start to work on Thotiana this week. Also what's the fastest way to level an alt job from 71-80? MSQ roulette dailies and spam HoH or highest level dungeons?
HoH is shit, caps at 69 xp so it scales like garbage past 71-72. Just dungeons, FATEs during queues, and roulettes. Queues are pretty quick even for DPS atm, at least on my datacenter I often get 10mins or less queue, sometimes only 1-2mins for ShB dungeons.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
HoH is shit, caps at 69 xp so it scales like garbage past 71-72. Just dungeons, FATEs during queues, and roulettes. Queues are pretty quick even for DPS atm, at least on my datacenter I often get 10mins or less queue, sometimes only 1-2mins for ShB dungeons.
Ok sounds good. I fucking hate HoH, guess I ran PoTD so much in the past.

Cybsled

MSQ roulette, alliance raid roulette, and leveling roulette give the most daily xp. Normal raid is garbage for xp, don’t even bother for xp purposes.

• 1Like