Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Spoilers

Well, the game strongly hints we (WoL) were the 14th counsel member. Strong money on the 14th counsel member helped summon Hydalean, which is why we are the champion of her vs. Zodiark. We're also in theory one of the only people who might be able to become a "full" person/ascian again. The 13th shard was destroyed, but if you do the Rising Triad quests from HW, the kid wearing the Ascian bird mask tells you he was the WoL from the 13th, but was born too late to stop the dark, so one of the Ascians (Eldibus) brought him to the source. That means he is also one of the soul fragments, so if the WoL gained him + the other soul fragments from the other surviving shards, then in theory they would become restored and have their full power back. This would be next to impossible for anyone else since the Ascians fucked up the 13th shard and it can't be rejoined as it is now.

The other theory is Emet wanted us to gain all the light and learn the secrets of time travel so he could prevent the destruction of the 13th shard and make it eligible to be rejoined

I don't think this is possible because there have already been seven calamities, i.e. seven worlds have already rejoined with the source, meaning that's seven fragments of the WoL we won't be able to find.

Malkav

French Madman
I don't think this is possible because there have already been seven calamities, i.e. seven worlds have already rejoined with the source, meaning that's seven fragments of the WoL we won't be able to find.

Well, it's explained that after a Rejoining, all the Aether from the Shard is siphoned back into the Source. It could pretty be easily be said that we're somehow already absorbed back these 7 fragments of ourselves.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not surprising, although the Art of War mp cost reduction is a very welcome change for QoL dungeons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cleared the new raid, very easy on normal but still fun mechanics. Fights are pretty cool. I like the change to gear drops too, way less cancer, 8drops that include every slot in every floor means you can get chest or legs in one week and that it won't take 25runs of each floor for it. Sadly I'm retarded and rolled on both legs and chest the first 2 and got 2 different pieces, so now I'll have to wait next reset but still. Will be a lot easier to farm them for glamours and shit later on though. Kinda wish they'd go back and do the same thing for the old raids.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Ardbro merged with us I think, so unless we can access his persona, he might be gone now. After you kill Emet, they mention your soul has been mended/restored, which suggests he rejoined it.

The soul being mended/restored thing is more you no longer suffering from metastatic light cancer, IMO. Feo Ul, Urianger, and Shtola make a number of comments saying that your soul looks "cracked" due to the excess aether, which you presumably purge by fighting Emet, who's extremely tilted to darkness.

Cybsled

Emet literally tells you that you have been rejoined 7 times, so you are more of a person than anyone, and if we survived the rest of the rejoinings, then we stood a chance of becoming a full person. Ardbro basically merges with you before you battle Emet because he is one of your soul fragments, which is why your soul is fixed/able to hold the light (because you are more of a full person now and stronger). Plus it hints at this even more when Emet gets a glimpse of your original Ascian form for a moment after the merge.

Rejoinings basically merge everything with the source, including soul fragments where applicable. That is the whole ascian plan: Each rejoining merges the parts towards the whole, which is their end game. This is why it is key the WoL soul fragment escaped the 13th, which did not merge with the source because the Ascians fucked that one up. Unless the 13th could be repaired/restored/merged, then it becomes impossible for the ascian plan to fully succeed. However, because your soul fragment escaped, there remains a possibility that they could merge with the WoL soul in the future

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I've finished the healer and tank role questlines and my sam is 77 working through the physical dps line. I need a magical dps job for the fourth questline and I haven't even unlocked red or black mage.

I wasn't sure about the rumor about a final role quest after you've finished the four but the healer questline alone was worth the trouble. The last scenario with the hat strat had me rolling everytime he'd plunk a helmet on the mobs.
Go with RDM. It's far and away the easiest MDPS to play now that SMN got the nerf stick. Your rotations are simple as hell, and you get shitloads of utility including an awesome heal.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed the ARR story line myself, although it did have its moments where it dragged slightly; going through some of the side content like the Hildebrand adventures helped cure that. But I realized that they wanted to at least tie into the original story plus had to lay all of the groundwork they needed for the story lines they had. Once you get about halfway through the post-ARR story line, that's about the point where you can tell that they finished setting things up and went "Yup, time to throw this bitch into gear" and your off to the races.

Personally, I've enjoyed all the expansions and I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here. I have my own theories, but I think the dev team has a great chance to really set a new high standard for an MMO story, if they can pull it off under the development timetable they have set for themselves.
I made it through patch 2.1 post-ARR quests, and started on patch 2.2 post-ARR quests. I have to say at this point, I am feeling the quest fatigue setting in, but I know if I just push through another 78 quests, I will get to start on Heavensward.

I might take a break from the quest grind tonight to do some harvesting, crafting, and a couple dungeon runs. I think I need something to break up the non-stop quest grinding. It's reminding me of what I hated so much about WoW back int he day; chasing those quest givers.

Malkav

French Madman
I made it through patch 2.1 post-ARR quests, and started on patch 2.2 post-ARR quests. I have to say at this point, I am feeling the quest fatigue setting in, but I know if I just push through another 78 quests, I will get to start on Heavensward.

I might take a break from the quest grind tonight to do some harvesting, crafting, and a couple dungeon runs. I think I need something to break up the non-stop quest grinding. It's reminding me of what I hated so much about WoW back int he day; chasing those quest givers.

*linkpearl ringing*

Pray return to the Waking Sands Pharone.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Dude Pharone is single handedly selling me in this game with his posts.

Is this game ps4 and pc? Is it best played on one or the other? Pc I’m guessing?

• 1Worf

khorum

Murder Apologist
Go with RDM. It's far and away the easiest MDPS to play now that SMN got the nerf stick. Your rotations are simple as hell, and you get shitloads of utility including an awesome heal.

Wellp, it'll have to wait till after Eden is farmed!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

You're in what is BY FAR the worst section of the game. There's some interesting stories being told though, and stuff that will pay off much later. It's just how it's structure that make it difficult to go through.

Still if you're enjoying the game overall, it's worth playing through, as you said you might want to alternate with other things to not burn out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

You should have plenty of "new" dungeons to clear at 50 if you want a change of pace, 50 was crazy with dungeon releases, motherfuckers were doing 3 dungeons every patch so there's 17dungeons at cap or whatever. A few are story so can't do without MSQ but most should be playable right away.

The story starts slightly picking up in 2.3, arrival of new characters and it starts actually going somewhere, although it's still very much fillers. 2.4 starts to get serious and dives deeper into the lore. 2.5 is full of mindfucks and throws you right into Heavensward. So while it is 80quests, they do get better and better over time so it's not THAT bad. Still kinda bad though since you'll have to do random shit for no reason other than filler(getting tea leaves from across the continent because Tataru ran out for example). And 2.2 is also mostly shit, so that's that.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not surprising, although the Art of War mp cost reduction is a very welcome change for QoL dungeons.
I'm pretty much done doing dungeons on my scholar until the next tome farm comes out but this will allow me to drop some piety off my gear I guess. We will see what the savage set has for piety.

Cybsled

Doing the Eden unlock. Once the "new" music kicks in, 100% confirms which final fantasy this raid series is going to heavily draw from lol