Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Im "thinking" its the option "Turn to Face The Mob When Attacking" or something similar to that. My UI was super cluttered, so I set it to Default and cleaned it up from there. But last night, I was noticed that sometimes when running out of a telegraph, I would jerk to a position and eat the telegraph. If that is the correct option and it is because my character is just finishing an attack, will the attack still land if I turn that option off? I feel like its a QOL option for a DPS or Healer class. But even if its a QOL option, I still dont see myself using it with those classes.

Going to turn this off tonight and see. I've been eating too many telegraphed moves - even when I'm damn sure I'm not in the way. Actually got knocked off a platform in some dungeon fight and sat there dead watching the other 3 take him down from near full as I was herping the derp.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I turned that off ages ago and it helped immensely. If you are mid ability it won't turn you but if you start a new ability it will.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mentionned it a long while ago but yeah the turn automatically shit will make you turn if you try to use skills while running sometimes, UNLESS you use legacy controls, then it works fine. It got me to switch. I couldn't be bothered mouse snapping backwards to hit a GCD right as I was getting out of an aoe and other shit, so I changed to this setting, but the whole changing direction was a big problem too so I changed to legacy and got used to that instead. Legacy does some weird shit, notably left mouse click will behave exactly like right mouse click when you're not autorunning, so I kept turning around when I was trying to look behind me while running another way, have to get used to autorun first. The backward movement is nice at times but it also makes it harder to do very small adjustment like you can with the backstepping shit(like when you're trying to stand between 25aoes on Innocence and shit).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay just starting a new account till they figure out what went wrong with my other account.

What Data center/server are folks on?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems like we're all spread out. Mostly due to the fact that creating a character on our original launch server is damn near impossible unless you wake up at 4am to create the character. Or, related to that fact.. I dont want to wait in a 15+ minute queue every time I want to play the game. Average queue on Coeurl or w/e is 45 people deep? I tried to log into my old character on our old server a week or so ago and the queue was outrageous.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
avg queue on Leviathan is around 40 now that launch has calmed down

Gilgamesh would probably be the worst of all of them

Needless

Toe Sucker
most i've seen for a queue on behemoth is like 30
I doubt you can even make a character on gilgamesh though lol, isnt that the most populated server for NA?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Sargantas has a small que on average of 20ish. Highest I've seen was about 80ish and that was primetime on last patch day.

Daidraco

Well Gil was the original, and somewhere along the way people were on Levi? I'm not sure how that happened, I cant remember.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I don't see anything past 40-50 queue anymores on Gilgamesh.

Though Launch was a nightmare with 2k+ 2 hour queues.

Funfact: you can bring up your retainer and AFK and the game wont kick you.

• 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I don't see anything past 40-50 queue anymores on Gilgamesh.

Though Launch was a nightmare with 2k+ 2 hour queues.

Funfact: you can bring up your retainer and AFK and the game wont kick you.
Yup or any NPC that brings up a dialogue.

• 1Like

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm on Gigl, queue is almost non-existant now(prime time EST), maybe 30-50 people, normally only takes a few minutes to get on

Malakriss

We expected there to be a return of the queue on Tuesday for gilg, it didn't. Savage patch might see a spike but our active population seems to have reached a steady non-queue place.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Err is something new happened today? trying to log on at 10:30pm hardly peak time and queue of over 2k on a server honestly I not seen a queue for over 50 since I started playing

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Who is this lol

d94545fb6f.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users