Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

zzzzzz7ox047z6cfb31.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still haven't run them yet. But I need to. So if you're on my data center we can group up to slam out runs.

I'm only a little retarded
I’m on Odin but may transfer to the Gilgamesh Data center at some point. Overall euros are far less toxic with way less parse spam and finger pointing. But at same time some are just so soo bad.
Killed it in first pull in a halfway decent group today so am set now. Once u get the duty complete u get into the farm groups and it’s easy at that point

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I’m on Odin but may transfer to the Gilgamesh Data center at some point. Overall euros are far less toxic with way less parse spam and finger pointing. But at same time some are just so soo bad.
Killed it in first pull in a halfway decent group today so am set now. Once u get the duty complete u get into the farm groups and it’s easy at that point
There's some real trap farm parties though, but you can generally tell pretty quick.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Man the bots are showing up in mass on both of my servers, wtf I know after awhile they show up but not this much. Funny watching them go *poof* though.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Depends on the context.

"Trap party" = a party that intends to be a farm/clear party but can't actually farm or clear, wasting everyone's time.

"Trap" in reference to a person = guy pretending to be a girl.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whenever you see a "clear for 1" (aka the PF starter) that's a trap party. Whenever you're in a farm party that is full of fails and people who got carried for their only kill, that's a trap party.

99% of female characters are played by guys and that isn't really a secret or a surprise.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
99% may be dude's in other MMOs but this game attracts real girls like no other game I've played.

Always assume the worst but lots of girls do play this game.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm aware of manginas. Few of my friends play as them. I have seen "clear for 1" and I'll definetly avoid those.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing a chick in MMOs since everquest. Hard up dudes would just give you free shit for no reason. I never camped for an item until they made stuff no trade. All you had to say when they gave you something was you're the nicest guy in the world, thank you, and you would get whatever you wanted. Then I just sold a bunch of their stuff and made a shit ton of money and then outfitted my buddies with it. That's when I realized I was a virtual whore.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I mean, I think it's called a "trap party" because it's the literal definition of trap? But I guess the guy pretending to be a girl definition is the more modern and lulzy one to choose from, lol.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
True story. Dunno if anyone remembers an old EQ player named Azian from FoH guild. He was a wood elf rogue. This was waaaaay back in early EQ days when rubicite was the shit. Anyhow I had a friend who use to play a female dark elf shadow knight and he got so much free shit from Azian like a full suit of rubicite gear cause he thought he was a female in real life.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
True story. Dunno if anyone remembers an old EQ player named Azian from FoH guild. He was a wood elf rogue. This was waaaaay back in early EQ days when rubicite was the shit. Anyhow I had a friend who use to play a female dark elf shadow knight and he got so much free shit from Azian like a full suit of rubicite gear cause he thought he was a female in real life.
Wrong thread? That said still see him pop onto Steam every now and then ^^.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Wrong thread? That said still see him pop onto Steam every now and then ^^.
I had a feeling you would reply. You're one of the few true old school FoHers who would remember him. Naw we talking about men portraying as women in online games and finessing men out of virtual gear and money.
By the way how's the MCH coming along?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I had a feeling you would reply. You're one of the few true old school FoHers who would remember him. Naw we talking about men portraying as women in online games and finessing men out of virtual gear and money.
By the way how's the MCH coming along?
MCH's doing really good. Kinda procrastinating so only 76 =/

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There’s another version of trap party too, not just the carries but the people who’ve cleared it on a tank or healer and show up as a dps class they don’t know how to play or do mechanics with. Had one of those today but u can tell pretty fast

Having said that, I think I’d take the ffxiv version of a trap party over irl trap parties tho.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
It's never too late. Just ask Pharone Pharone . It'll take several months of solid play to get caught up on the story and into the current expansion. Once you're caught up you can gear up relatively quickly, though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There’s another version of trap party too, not just the carries but the people who’ve cleared it on a tank or healer and show up as a dps class they don’t know how to play or do mechanics with. Had one of those today but u can tell pretty fast

Having said that, I think I’d take the ffxiv version of a trap party over irl trap parties tho.

I do this shit all the time, how else am I going to learn how to play the class in 8man. Mind you I put a minimum of effort into knowing the class first, but my first Titania MT run was... interesting. I was trying to remember when the tank busters were and got hit by the very first pink aoe from not paying attention, so I'm sure the healers were like "oh ok, it's that kind of tank". I also used Hallowed really early on Fae Light and basically got hit by the 3rd when Hallowed buff was already off, but somehow it still blocked it so that was nice. I also cleaved some guy doing positionals when trying to reposition the boss right before divination rune cause I forgot it was then.

2nd pull went all fine but yeah, have to do the fights once first and it's not gonna be pretty.

My first BLM run I dropped Enochian in my opener 10secs into the fight lol. I messed up a timing and I should have adjusted the Despair but I thought "eh maybe it'll work out". It didn't. The 2nd time I was doing some stupid shit and I somehow ended up at 100mana with no element, so I had to Blizzard I to start regenerating again. Still did 9k DPS on that fight somehow, with 430class weapon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user