Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mind fuckin blown. How the hell do people figure this shit out. And even with the codex buff that mechanic still looks confusing as hell.
Are these ultimates the hardest raid content in the mmo genre? Certainly seems like it but I don’t know wow mythic well

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Mind fuckin blown. How the hell do people figure this shit out. And even with the codex buff that mechanic still looks confusing as hell.
Are these ultimates the hardest raid content in the mmo genre? Certainly seems like it but I don’t know wow mythic well
If you remove the trash and key requirements other MMOs put in to pad kill times FFXIV has the hardest raid content.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if it takes the crown as a_skeleton_02 suggests, but I can say it's arguably the most dramatic. When Ultima Weapon (Ultimate) came out, everyone got suckered into realizing the Woken mechanic was required and not a buff on the boss to be avoided. As Mister Happy - I think it was him - put it: "THE PAST TWELVE HOURS WERE A LIE." Everyone had to start from scratch, basically, and I about wet myself hearing about it because I'm a sadist for watching this stuff.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was having video display issues with my new TV plugged in as a monitor until I disabled all App/Smart/autorun bullshit and zero troubles. Literally malware. Also the 14 client really hates changes to video/audio. But the smart shit is still malware.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Generally only 4-5 guilds can clear mythic in wow before the very first nerf hits, even if it's just a 0.5% nerf to the boss difficulty.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
God the game is beautiful looking. I wish I had the will to pay a subscription again and try this out.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

All the "Ultimates" are the you're gonna wipe/restart if you fuck up versions of the fights..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Found in a reddit thread, cool enrage on Ultimate Alexander in one of the last phases

• 3Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Found in a reddit thread, cool enrage on Ultimate Alexander in one of the last phases
That's a sexy enrage. We need more of those. It was a long time before I found anyone who posted (normal) Black Cauldron, and it was a bit of a letdown. :( And they didn't even use that for extreme!

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I want to play this game sometimes, but feel like I dont have a fucking clue about anything that is FFXIV, despite having playing this fucking game before at times.

Playing just makes me feel more lost.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Getting to near end of living liquid in ultimate. Fight starts out harder than any other ultimate. Pf groups at max levels of toxicity currently. It’s quite easy to join a ‘limit cut’ prog pf and end up wiping on jagd dolls for an hour so I kinda understand

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I want to play this game sometimes, but feel like I dont have a fucking clue about anything that is FFXIV, despite having playing this fucking game before at times.

Playing just makes me feel more lost.
When in doubt start from scratch. I did that in February and I am still learning shit that was added years ago. It's fun to explore it all, really.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Getting to near end of living liquid in ultimate. Fight starts out harder than any other ultimate. Pf groups at max levels of toxicity currently. It’s quite easy to join a ‘limit cut’ prog pf and end up wiping on jagd dolls for an hour so I kinda understand

Why would anyone want to PF Ultimate though?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Hit Final Phase last night, and everyone was laughing like crazy while we wiped to the beginning of the Final Phase, cause holy shit Alexander goes full Voltron. hahaha