Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where do they get that, "18 million adventurers worldwide" figure from?

I mean, especially now, with the Coronavirus outbreak I'm guessing the streets of Ul'dah are pretty silent.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Where do they get that, "18 million adventurers worldwide" figure from?

I mean, especially now, with the Coronavirus outbreak I'm guessing the streets of Ul'dah are pretty silent.
It's the amount of accounts collected, a fake news figure but eh. And on the contrary I believe online gaming has seen a surge with the virus since it's safer to stay home. Doubt it affects bots much though, since they're not people so they'll run regardless.

Seems like there's some nice stuff in this patch again. The fishing content is pretty cool and surprising, takes the good parts of FFXI boats. Also they said the story is longer than usual, which sounds nice.

I'll probably see to resub sometimes before the end of the valentine event to grab that and be subbed for the launch of the patch.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
x4fdvfgdfaf41.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yay more moon stuff .. but Zodiark when ....

Have to assume rest of this expansion will be Elidibus working out his plans and Zenos immersing himself more into the Zodiark lore. I'd also expect the next expansion (maybe some of the end of this one) to start to give us the "real" history of the Hydalyn side of the story.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Historically speaking, will the Phantasmagoria tomestones weekly cap go away with 5.2? Don't know if I have the patience to PF through this tier so late in the patch. Kind of want to level a new job instead for once, my old man reflexes are starting to make NIN a drag.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Historically speaking, will the Phantasmagoria tomestones weekly cap go away with 5.2? Don't know if I have the patience to PF through this tier so late in the patch. Kind of want to level a new job instead for once, my old man reflexes are starting to make NIN a drag.
Tomes always work the same way, whenever a new raid tier is released(like 5.2), the limited tome becomes unlimited and they add a new limited tome. The current unlimited tome becomes hunt seals stuff instead(nuts this expansion, centurio before).

So Phantasmagoria cap will "go away" in a sense, in that it'll become the uncapped normal tomes from then on, but they'll add a new tier of tome gear.

You can fairly easily switch out to another job this late into a cycle with 24man and crafted upgraded gear to top it off though. But yeah 5.2 will basically be a "mini reset" so it's a good time to change jobs if you want to.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Tomes always work the same way, whenever a new raid tier is released(like 5.2), the limited tome becomes unlimited and they add a new limited tome. The current unlimited tome becomes hunt seals stuff instead(nuts this expansion, centurio before).

So Phantasmagoria cap will "go away" in a sense, in that it'll become the uncapped normal tomes from then on, but they'll add a new tier of tome gear.

Okay, that's what I thought but was struggling to remember. Thanks

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Have to assume rest of this expansion will be Elidibus working out his plans and Zenos immersing himself more into the Zodiark lore. I'd also expect the next expansion (maybe some of the end of this one) to start to give us the "real" history of the Hydalyn side of the story.

Called Shadowbringers .. and we don't know if we will actually see the real Shadow this expansion .... mehh tired of Hydalyn's story..

Cybsled

Yoshi P has mentioned that ShB's story will be moving towards the end of the Zodiark x Hydalyn story.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Called Shadowbringers .. and we don't know if we will actually see the real Shadow this expansion .... mehh tired of Hydalyn's story..

We literally got almost all of the reveal this expansion, not sure what there would be to complain about to be honest. We'll see where it goes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So what's the purpose of Eureka? Cosmetics and shit?
Stormblood's relic was the primary purpose(which now is purely cosmetic) and then all the side stuff like mounts, emotes, haircuts, pets and so on yeah. Also some kinda interesting story that's tied to the main story somewhat(centered around Krile). And overall a pretty interesting twist to the gameplay with shit hard trash mobs aggroing you and taking forever to leash, every fight being tough promoting groups, zone wide bosses, FATE train, xp penalty on death, no mount until you "cleared" the area so mostly old school running around in a dangerous place to get to where you want to go. It was kind of a callback to old school mmos like XI, although still much easier and much more accessible. Oh and Baldesion Arsenal, a 56man raid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Stormblood's relic was the primary purpose(which now is purely cosmetic) and then all the side stuff like mounts, emotes, haircuts, pets and so on yeah. Also some kinda interesting story that's tied to the main story somewhat(centered around Krile). And overall a pretty interesting twist to the gameplay with shit hard trash mobs aggroing you and taking forever to leash, every fight being tough promoting groups, zone wide bosses, FATE train, xp penalty on death, no mount until you "cleared" the area so mostly old school running around in a dangerous place to get to where you want to go. It was kind of a callback to old school mmos like XI, although still much easier and much more accessible. Oh and Baldesion Arsenal, a 56man raid.

Oh, didn't realise it was tied to the relic. Might be worth grinding for the glamour than. I like the idea of the zone, hope they expand on it more in the future.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can mount without having cleared areas now in Eureka
Yeah I meant more back then there were a lot of ideas like that, now they nerfed it down to a much more accessible place since a lot less people go there, you can solo decently too with echo and you don't really risk much by running around, since you can mount and the aetheryte unlock earlier and all that. Just back then it was kinda interesting because it used old mmo formulas with lots more risk than usual and stuff.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Speaking of which, have they said whether you need to complete the prior version or is it it's own thing? Pretty sure I gave up at Atma or w/e...

Previous expansion relic has never been a requirement for the new one.

• 1Like