Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Think it's weird how they wanted to limit what Byregot's is about, then they remove the 3k control cap bonus within the same expansion.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Think it's weird how they wanted to limit what Byregot's is about, then they remove the 3k control cap bonus within the same expansion.
I don't think they wanted to limit Byregot, that's why they removed the other shittier byregot and left the good one, what they didn't want is people to be forced to have CRP50 to have it cause it was such an important ability. The cap was just because they had both innovation and ingenuity buffing control, but since they removed ingenuity, it's not needed anymore. At least that's what I think they're doing.

Interesting bit of the patch notes for me was that there's apparently some Yorha quests, even though it's not the 24man patch, I guess they're keeping the story relevant inbetween patches now too?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Probably a smart idea. Do the pre-raid filler on an off-patch cycle, then that way you can jump into the new raid sooner.

Merrith

That would be a good idea, there's enough other stuff that I got to the pre-raid intro filler pretty late so didn't even get to it first day of last patch.

Pyros, that might be the plan. Seems weird they didn't remove Ingenuity earlier. Maybe they were just doing it in steps because they wanted to do a big overhaul but couldn't hash it all out in one go.

Cybsled

Probably, but they already missed the boat on that. This lets them test the waters with FFXIV at least.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Apparently the raid quest is tied to the MSQ so the world first race will start with a MSQ speedrun race.

I'm not sure this world first race will be too interesting for a few reasons though, first raiding statics have almost always been hiding their progress to not get strats stolen, who's going to be streaming in this, probably not any of the statics that have a shot at world first; second the most obvious, unless they get the japanese on the train, it won't be that interesting and there's the obvious language barrier and potentially culture barrier for this sort of thing. Obviously all the recent world firsts have been western but the japanese still compete seriously and could very well win.

Oh and last, savage is notoriously easy for hardcore raiders and generally gets cleared in a couple of days if that. Ultimate is where it's at for the longer races, there's a decent chance this "race' is over in 6-8hours or whatever.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh and last, savage is notoriously easy for hardcore raiders and generally gets cleared in a couple of days if that. Ultimate is where it's at for the longer races, there's a decent chance this "race' is over in 6-8hours or whatever.

That's an actual race that could be interesting to watch. Let me tell you how interesting actually watching the race in WoW is....

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is this where we place bets on what e8s's boss will actually be, and the additional phase(s) for Savage?

Putting my money down on it being Ryne transformed into Shiva*, and then she progresses to full out Oracle of Light / Demi-Hydaelyn for Savage. Then again, they might save Demi-Hydaelyn / Demi-Zodiark for e9-e11.

* (Ice as we know it veers towards being an umbral aspect, and if the umbral aspect means it leans towards the Light / immobility / stasis, that would meet the definition of refulgence twice over.)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apparently the raid quest is tied to the MSQ so the world first race will start with a MSQ speedrun race.

What you mean? The quest to unlock E5-8S is tied to the MSQ? That's not normal is it? I thought these unlocks were always a completely separate chain.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What you mean? The quest to unlock E5-8S is tied to the MSQ? That's not normal is it? I thought these unlocks were always a completely separate chain.
Yeah that's not normal, but it seems it is this way this time based on the prelim notes. This time the raid is heavily tied to the MSQ unlike most previous raids(Bahamut was the closest but even that was like parallel events), as you've noticed if you've done the first tier already. So it's likely there's some things happening in the normal MSQ that will affect the progress of the raid story(likely Ryne related).

If you look at the last quest in the Eden quests, it says: "Players must first complete the main scenario quest "???" and the Chronicles of a New Era quest "???" " and it's likely the MSQ step is one of the last if not the last one.

If they go this way they really should release the raid a few days later, for example unlocking it on friday daily reset or something instead, so people have time to clear the MSQ and then do the raids. I guess they don't care that much about world first races but it's a bit dumb that people will have to skip cutscenes super fast to get to the raid asap. Gives more time for their crafters to pentameld all their shit though so it's not entirely lost time I'd assume. In general I think it'd be nice if they did it that way, obviously people don't need a full month like during x.0 but a few days, maybe even a week so people can do their MSQ, see the new content and stuff before they rush into the savage tier wouldn't be so bad, maybe. But I'm sure a lot of people who only raid would complain because they have "nothing to do" if they do it this way.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is the possibility that the "MSQ ??? + Chronicles ???" is something that pops after completion of Eden normal. I'm thinking of the Lv 80 job quests, and especially the "after you finish the instance" Ivalice ones (with the CUL food turnins).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It is possible the last step is after clearing yeah, just it's also possible it's before the last step too. Guess we'll see, I don't give a shit personally since I'll probably rush the MSQ first(maybe unlock the stupid beast tribe to get it done before the reset and then MSQ). On that note, it's worth mentionning in case people read this but not patch notes too much in details, you need to do the main sidequest storyline in Raktikka to unlock the beast tribe, this is a fairly large amount of sidequests, which culminates in getting the Great Serpent of Ronkka pet.

• 1Like

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know about anyone else, but I thought Eden was a real treat this time. None of the fights really struck me as boring, and holy hell was e8n aesthetic.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ramuh's pretty boring I think, others are nice. Ruby weapon seems alright too but haven't done the EX yet, looks a bit long but not too complicated. Need to craft gear to get ilvl.

On that note surprised at how easy the new crafted stuff is. I thought I'd have to fiddle a bunch with rotations, buffs and HQ mats to craft gear, but turns out the rotation took 2 tries to find a solid one that has exactly my amount of CP and does 89% HQ, so I can just use one HQ material(sand or the normal crafted mats like dwarven cotton work), no syrup no HQ food. Seems really fucking simple so I'm gonna be crafting full 380 sets for a bunch of classes to skip gearing.

Got lucky on my Eden runs too, got the token I wanted on first run in every floors and got the minion too, so done until next week. I'll probably look up videos cause I have no idea what some of the mechanics even do since a lot of runs were like 15rez and shit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's an actual race that could be interesting to watch. Let me tell you how interesting actually watching the race in WoW is....
Trust me man, as boring as you find the WoW race the fights in this game are so choreographed you'd fall asleep watching the prog

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ruby EX felt easier than I expected, tbh. Most of P2 is spent just straight stacking and burning the boss waiting on the next round of mechanics to happen.

Oh and this shit killed me:

1582132180994.png

• 1Worf

Merrith

Ramuh's pretty boring I think, others are nice. Ruby weapon seems alright too but haven't done the EX yet, looks a bit long but not too complicated. Need to craft gear to get ilvl.

On that note surprised at how easy the new crafted stuff is. I thought I'd have to fiddle a bunch with rotations, buffs and HQ mats to craft gear, but turns out the rotation took 2 tries to find a solid one that has exactly my amount of CP and does 89% HQ, so I can just use one HQ material(sand or the normal crafted mats like dwarven cotton work), no syrup no HQ food. Seems really fucking simple so I'm gonna be crafting full 380 sets for a bunch of classes to skip gearing.

Got lucky on my Eden runs too, got the token I wanted on first run in every floors and got the minion too, so done until next week. I'll probably look up videos cause I have no idea what some of the mechanics even do since a lot of runs were like 15rez and shit.

I only got to do Ramuh yesterday, started late and didn't want to wait out 25+ min queues. Thought it was decent, but if that was boring compared to the rest looking forward to others. Yeah crafting has been dumbed down pretty hard. The new gathering beast tribe dailies are hilarious "go gather 3 of these at 3 different nodes in the woods". You fly around for 2-3 min tops and you're done.

Just have hard time staying interested when you bang out all the new MSQ in a couple hours, do the raid, and that's pretty much it. Until they have relic to work on not as much to do unless you're a raider with a static group.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
My static found a trick for it. If you stand right in the little nook between the first circle aoes and just run clockwise into the aoe indicator as the first explosion goes off you dodge it. This also allows you to completely ignore the magitek bits because you run into the explosion before the second set of lines goes off. Just dont have more than 3-4 people in same spot else there will be too many magitek lines.