Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
How tough is Castrum? Haven't really grinded in there yet, but just hit rank 10 today

Few people in my FC that have ran Castrum say it's fun but a major "Level Up" from the prior zone.

Also wanna cheese Red Comet ??
Reflect, Just like in FFT.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Few people in my FC that have ran Castrum say it's fun but a major "Level Up" from the prior zone.

Also wanna cheese Red Comet ??
Reflect, Just like in FFT.

Ran it later yesterday for first time, pretty cool fights, didn't seem all that hard. Granted I didn't do the single group part on final boss or anything. The fucking amount of coins you need to upgrade the armor sets is ridiculous, though. Do they really expect people to run Castrum 100-150 times per set? That's nuts.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ran it later yesterday for first time, pretty cool fights, didn't seem all that hard. Granted I didn't do the single group part on final boss or anything. The fucking amount of coins you need to upgrade the armor sets is ridiculous, though. Do they really expect people to run Castrum 100-150 times per set? That's nuts.

The coffers from after the bosses can drop the upgrade items as well. You can also sell them on the market board. $$$$

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
And also when you can start winning the Solo Engagement's you get tons of Lock boxes/Coins from winning them.

Cybsled

That will free up a significant number of plots to be sure. It has been off for like 8 months or so.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just want a medium house; I have the millions because I craft. Is that too much to ask on Sargatanas?

Cybsled

5.4 is supposed to drop in Early Dec. It will feature the finale of the Eden raids and start to lay the main story groundwork for the upcoming expansion.

In Feb I think they will have their online fanfaire and it is expected they will reveal the next xpac.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I just want a medium house; I have the millions because I craft. Is that too much to ask on Sargatanas?

There is still a lot of rng for it ..

everything from when the house demos, too when the parcel will be up for sale is randomized.

Even then someone with a current house can just move there house too a bigger plot. No wait required, once it's demo'd

Cybsled

If you have at least a small house, you're golden. You don't have to fight other buyers and it is first come-first serve. If you do this, you get a credit of 30% of the minimum value of your current plot towards the purchase. Keep in mind the minimum value is like half the normal plot price. So if your plot cost 3m, min will be like 1.5m, then you only get 30% of the 1.5m as credit towards relocation. If you have decorations in your house during relocation, you have to have enough room in your housing storage for all that to be dumped in, so plan ahead.

Based on what SE said, when they remove the housing demolition freeze, it basically restarts the clock that already existed. So if someone hasn't been in their house in 45 days, it is going to auto-demolish once the freeze goes away. That means server up when 5.4 launches will have the largest number of available plots, because basically everyone who hasn't played the game in 1.5 months/been inside their house will have it poof. You might want to scope out the wards in the game and see if you can figure out what houses might be likely candidates for demo. If you can't figure it out, log out near a main city Aetherite or a mini-aetherite in the housing district and when you log in, check the wards. It will show any empty plots and the price at that point and it will basically be a race to grab plots. Having at least a small will mean you will beat out the plebs that don't even have that.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Official artwork, absurdly lewd

kgkupyz4m5061.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Brony
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Just good pals kek

Main thing I want to know, though: Who the fuck is Lahabrea mask dude in an Elidibus robe?

Cybsled

He is, but we haven’t seen them with a mask. Take a look in the bottom right of that promo art. Ascian with Lahabrea’s mask, but a white robe.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users