Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
My Crafters are all 80 already, I'm just explaining how I did it .... Like I said I was using leve's for other stuff and not my crafter lvl'ing didn't have any problems leveing them really.. was just *shrug* easy rofl

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Crafting for me was basically just doing the efficient leves and the Crystarium quests. BSM and ARM synergize so f'n well with leveling each other, it's almost criminal sometimes. Spam ingots on one, use to make leves for other. Swap each tier. It makes really good use of the crafter xp scrolls and you level two at once. Culinarian is another one that always seems like "Oh hi, just make this one thing -forever- ?" a lot of the time. Some like 74 leve is good all the way to max (I may be misremembering) just because it's easy to HQ, you can do triples, and the mats are a joke to farm up. Seems there is always one for Culinarian that you can just ride forever.

edit - Of course, I always assume people max gatherers probably first, while they farm up all the mats. Spending leves on gatherers is doing it wrong; those are your hardcore grind centric classes where you always want a gatherer xp scroll going. -Especially- fishing. Then you use all the shit you spam gathered to level all the crafters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Culinarian is def the biggest pain to level, since every leve recipe typically uses a shitload of materials per craft. I bought my way through that one mostly lol

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I want to say you overpaid; it probably takes a lot of leves, but you can level it pretty easily with some of the 2 item recipes that are just easy gathers from Botanist. It's been awhile but I definitely remember that being the "easyistt" in terms of what you needed to get. So many of the other Cul leves were multi-item for sure.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I swear for an MMO 90% of this thread revolves around crafting. That says a whole lot about the state of the game.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I swear for an MMO 90% of this thread revolves around crafting. That says a whole lot about the state of the game.
To be fair - crafting in ffxiv is a ton better than any of the other top MMO's I can think of. Not to mention, Shadowbringers is nearing the end of its life span.

• 1Like

Merrith

I'm sure we have some savage raiders and all that, but the fact they ended up skipping an Ultimate tier kind of meant the high end raiding end of things is more or less on hold. Most of the rest of this expansion is relic stuff and MSQ leading into 6.0, really.

Malakriss

Current state of games is not generic forum advice but "find the specific discord and ask there" whether it's hunts or balance or crazy PVPers

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Ya them splitting 5.5 apart didn't' help as we only got a small bit of the story leading into EndWalker.

But Weapon's Saga Done,

Next patch

Rest of MSQ leading up too EW, Final areas of Bozja + Final Steps of the Resistance Weapons.

Things we were suppose to have but pushed too after EW Release, Thordan(Ultimate), and a new Deep Dungeon..

Malkav

French Madman
Ya them splitting 5.5 apart didn't' help as we only got a small bit of the story leading into EndWalker.

It's kinda what they always do though.

This time we're going to have a long stretch between last patch and the expansion though since it'll only release this Fall.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So I started playing this again after stopping in like 2016?ish and started from scratch.

Think I'm going to take up Samurai or Ninja. Was looking up end game rotation and Ninja had something like 40ish ability sequence and I can't tell if that's a meme or if it's legit?

Essentially just follow MSQ and/or class quests to L80 or is there are lag that requires outside questing/grinding? Currently have 30 Monk/Nin.

Cybsled

MSQ will be more than adequate for all your leveling needs on your main. They boosted the XP gains on the older MSQ stuff as well.

Samurai you can unlock at 50 on any combat class, then the Samurai starts at level 50 as well. When I first started playing, I did monk to 50, then switched to Sam. Sam and Monk use the same armor sets, so if you like monk, makes it easy to ensure they're geared also.

Ninjas do have a lot of ability usage to activate key skills, which takes getting used to

Daidraco

I need the next expansion like a shot of adrenaline to my heart for this game. I paid for a month, logged in for 5 minutes thinking I was going to do the new bits of the MSQ and... I lost interest after realizing it wasnt more than a few hours worth. I just want a huge chunk of story and leveling to nerd out to for a few weeks so I can get back in the routine of playing it for its side content again. Rustles me that I like this game as much as I do and feel that way at the same time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

I finally finished one of the current relic steps, gotten back into Bozja a bit, too, have two classes left to finish out to 80 and they just hit 71 each.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
I need the next expansion like a shot of adrenaline to my heart for this game. I paid for a month, logged in for 5 minutes thinking I was going to do the new bits of the MSQ and... I lost interest after realizing it wasnt more than a few hours worth. I just want a huge chunk of story and leveling to nerd out to for a few weeks so I can get back in the routine of playing it for its side content again. Rustles me that I like this game as much as I do and feel that way at the same time.

Latest patch was only half the usual, I noped out pretty quick. Just going to wait for Endwalker release and catch up on whatever I missed.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Latest patch was only half the usual, I noped out pretty quick. Just going to wait for Endwalker release and catch up on whatever I missed.

Last patch MSQ has always been divided between .5 and .55 though, that's not a new or unusual thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
The game is just really dead atm after a 9 month tier going into a 9-12 month tier we’re currently in month 5 of. Basically everyone that wanted to clear and put a bit of effort in is done, there’s no new ultimate, no new deep dungeon to try to solo, and Bozja is the worst content they’ve ever made. I’m done until endwalker unless I find a blu group or end up helping some old friends clear an ult, and this is after 4 years~ of subscription.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The previous tier was definitely a lot longer than usual, but this one's the usual. 4.4 to ShB release was 10months. It's just how it goes at the end of the expansion, x.5 lasts like 6+months everytime. Not having a ultimate does impact the content for some people, but a lot of people never even attempt ultimates, so not sure it's that much. It's just how it is at the end of expansions like this, there's population boosts every now and then when they release new story+last relic part and near the end of the expansion for ppl preparing for next, but it's always fairly dull at the end for people who've been playing the entire expansion/a fair bit during last patches.

• 1Like