Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I get why people don't like Bozja, but I don't find it so bad in small doses. But then again Eureka wasn't everyone's cup of tea, either.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I've enjoyed both Bozja and Eureka so *shrug* I guess ppl don't really like the grind, but it's not too bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
I didn't do much Bozja, but I found Eureka to be more social that Bozja. The zone chat was often hilarious and leading a NM train was fun.

I felt like nobody talked in Bozja. Just show up for the Fate/Encounter, and disband.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I didn't do much Bozja, but I found Eureka to be more social that Bozja. The zone chat was often hilarious and leading a NM train was fun.

I felt like nobody talked in Bozja. Just show up for the Fate/Encounter, and disband.

A lot of ppl run Bozja with set groups, course right now till the next half of patch 5.5 there is no reason to be in there, I'm actually amazed they didn't add in the increased Rank with just the first half of the patch but *shrug* ahwell

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
So I started playing this again after stopping in like 2016?ish and started from scratch.

Think I'm going to take up Samurai or Ninja. Was looking up end game rotation and Ninja had something like 40ish ability sequence and I can't tell if that's a meme or if it's legit?

Essentially just follow MSQ and/or class quests to L80 or is there are lag that requires outside questing/grinding? Currently have 30 Monk/Nin.
The XP from MSQ is so high at the moment that I have a buddy getting close to entering Heavensward with 2 jobs at or above 60 and another in the 50s. Depending on how much you play each day, this will vary for you, but if you play a few hours a day, but make sure to do your PVP and Dungeon Roulette every day, you will vastly outlevel the content until you hit Stormblood.

The PVP Roulette in particular gives an extraordinary amount of XP, especially at lower levels. Pretty sure doing it when it unlocks at 30 gets you either to 33 or right before it.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
It could be said I brought shame upon my family.

dsasdfasddf.jpg

But now I have become shinobi. Just hit 50. Love the class. It makes me want to try hard with all the combos.

asdf.gif

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Im always impressed for how good the game looks at times considering how old it is.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I was pretty surprised myself. I'm playing on a 48" OLED on PC and only certain textures are kinda meh, but otherwise no complaints.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Im always impressed for how good the game looks at times considering how old it is.

The game keeps getting visual updates as consoles improve, but has always looked pretty good. But with the launch of the PS5 beta, for example, they added in 4k textures for the UI.

There are definite rough spots in textures when youre still or looking closely, but the game still looks pretty great in motion.

Goonsquad Officer
Some of the npc they do lots of closeups of have very pixilated outfits. I wish they would fix some

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

The updated 4k is nice, but it would be nice if they did go back and address the old world zones and NPC's like ... ... is talking about.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Updating all the textures would be a pretty big undertaking, especially if they were really upscaled. They have mentioned that old PCs are also something holding them back. WoW had a similar issue if I recall.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Not everyone has a need for 4k so they gotta be looking at that some..

honestly it would probably be better use of resources too just start the next FF MMO vs Updating 14...

• 2Like

Daidraco

I was thinking of that at first, but it would take another 10 years for the average PC to start using low end 3000 series and 2000 series Geforces (I would imagine.) Would be a minimal update in my mind if they did it now.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking of that at first, but it would take another 10 years for the average PC to start using low end 3000 series and 2000 series Geforces (I would imagine.) Would be a minimal update in my mind if they did it now.

It would be more then "minimal" though...

would have too update system requirements(which in it's self is a huge fucking headache cause at that point you have too worry about refunds..)

Like I said start over fresh or at least use 14 as a base and build up off that for a new MMO.. but updating 14 too 4k support ? doubt it not worth the resources.