Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can definitely be oneshot with the Cyclops hits depending on class.

You have to be particularly shit to die to the Cyclops now as it telescopes all its moves. I agree though, AV is a definite one I groan at if I get it on DF, moreso as a healer.

Cybsled

AV is easy if you have a blue mage with missile. All the bosses except the final one die in 1 hit to that move

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The timeless stuff did not have a great drop rate in PoTD, got from lvl 34-50 on my summoner and only 4 dropped. But thats fine was going to level the job anyway.

Malkav

French Madman
Depends on which floors you do. Most "regular" floors used for leveling have shit drop rate :
  • Floors 1-60, ~10-20%
  • Floors 61-100 ~30%
  • Floors 101-150, ~80%
  • Floors 151-200, 100%

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doing fates and such are a lot better if you have a leveled blue mage with any decent skills. New one in the most recent update Choco Meteor which you can learn from red chocos near Tailfeather is just completely spammable and with a few primal spells thrown in makes fates a breeze.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
fate drop rate is ~33%, Lochs fates don't sync a 70 BLU and some azim ones don't either. So they are faster than alliance raids but the drop rate is standard Square streakiness with 3 in a row then 6 that don't

Sargas

Trakanon Raider
How many of us are still floating around the aether datacenter? we should really get another CWLS set up, I'm always down to help ppl get leveled and such, but its always nicer to plow the zadnor and extremes (and/or savages) with non-randos. My weekend evenings are pretty much dedicated to finishing off DR-S right now (gotta get that cerberus mount) but if anyone else is interested in hitting some of the old and/or new trials, hit me up/PM me.

Sargas

Trakanon Raider
Sargatanas here, since like 1.0 lol. I think most ppl were on gilgamesh or at least aether, but idk whos even still active nowadays.

Side note, Diablo Armament music is pretty awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Moved away from Gilgamesh ages ago, especially since they opened the EU DC. So I'm on Lich on the Light DC.
DC travel coming soon anyway.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
My NA Character is on malboro(Crystal DC) , sadly playing on JP has gotten bad cause of Rona(latency has just been slowing climbing up)

Last edited:

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
The more I play this the more I think MMO's as we know them aren't coming back. I think this game's trash. I don't know why I play it, maybe from a lack of options. This new relic step that pretty much has you do 180 raids from prior expansions without being able to cheese them by being higher level. So basically 5 mins x 180 = 900 mins of pure, button spamming fun. You can't even use this time to socialize or meet people, unlike in EQ, because this game makes sure to have you and the 7 other catgirl-playing-sweaty-waifupillowhaving-neckbeards have to press buttons every 2 seconds the entire time.

But hey you'll get a new relic weapon with 5 ilvls higher than what you already have and no flavor whatsoever that's going to be bis for maybe the next 6 months at best with a design so ugly you wont even want to use it as glamour.

Just had to rant.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
The more I play this the more I think MMO's as we know them aren't coming back. I think this game's trash. I don't know why I play it, maybe from a lack of options. This new relic step that pretty much has you do 180 raids from prior expansions without being able to cheese them by being higher level. So basically 5 mins x 180 = 900 mins of pure, button spamming fun. You can't even use this time to socialize or meet people, unlike in EQ, because this game makes sure to have you and the 7 other catgirl-playing-sweaty-waifupillowhaving-neckbeards have to press buttons every 2 seconds the entire time.

But hey you'll get a new relic weapon with 5 ilvls higher than what you already have and no flavor whatsoever that's going to be bis for maybe the next 6 months at best with a design so ugly you wont even want to use it as glamour.

Just had to rant.
Heh yea I need to look at the final gunbreaker weapon to decide if I want to do it

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I resubbed again to give it another go. If I remember right, I've just started heavensward. I think the main character I played is on Byrnhilder. I'll find out tomorrow because it takes my potato internet a while to download 65gb.

Malkav

French Madman

Just had to rant.

Were you not aware of the alternatives? I have not set foot in any alliance raid specifically for the relic.
The step were you can get memories from CT? Get them from Castrum instead, 5 a run, just need to catch 3 Castrums.
I just finished the 18 / 18 memories step. Didn't set foot in a HW/SB raid. Just did Fates in SB zones, took a few hours in a Fate train, pretty chill altogether.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
Were you not aware of the alternatives? I have not set foot in any alliance raid specifically for the relic.
The step were you can get memories from CT? Get them from Castrum instead, 5 a run, just need to catch 3 Castrums.
I just finished the 18 / 18 memories step. Didn't set foot in a HW/SB raid. Just did Fates in SB zones, took a few hours in a Fate train, pretty chill altogether.

You must have completely missed the point where I was talking about the latest relic step.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You must have completely missed the point where I was talking about the latest relic step.
That last step sounds awful. That's a lot of runs/fates/critical engagements. I'm still on 4/15 of the timeless stuff and that's boring enough.