Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
You must have completely missed the point where I was talking about the latest relic step.
The latest step also has alternatives. You can do the 30/30/30/30/30/30 from Skirmishes/CEs inside Zadnor, and you can get the 15 Raw Emotions from HoH/Dalriada/Delubrum or any synced 70 dungeons.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yup, but the 180 are one-time-only. You don't have to repeat that part if you want to make multiple weapons (much like the 18x memories from SB fates last time around).

If you're doing the Zadnor content anyway it's not bad, I got 1/3rd-1/2 of the Skirmish drops just from ranking up to 25. The CE drops took a bit longer, but I was there anyway farming mettle for the honors, and you also get those two at a time from CEs (vs 1 from raids).

The Raw Emotions are dropped in varying quantities as well - 3 from Dalriada, 2 from Delubrum, 1 from 70 dungeons, and a scaling chance at 1 per set of 10 floors in HoH.

Goonsquad Officer
Not playing anymore but wondering if they finally made Eureka soloable?
Yes. Ish. I did it to unlock the armor for vanity sake. It took like 3 weeks of not playing a lot. They upped xp a shit load and made mounts immediate. I did join NM trains constantly but soloed a lot of it

Do the challenge log for eureka each week till you are capped for the first zone. Then begin gathering bits from pickup fates. That'd thr most painless way

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DR runs for the 15 timeworn artifacts go a lot faster when people learn to buy fragments for 3 clusters off the vendor with a 1/2 chance Deep Essence.

50% damage tons more health/defense per person definitely speeds it up.

Cybsled

The more I play this the more I think MMO's as we know them aren't coming back. I think this game's trash. I don't know why I play it, maybe from a lack of options. This new relic step that pretty much has you do 180 raids from prior expansions without being able to cheese them by being higher level. So basically 5 mins x 180 = 900 mins of pure, button spamming fun. You can't even use this time to socialize or meet people, unlike in EQ, because this game makes sure to have you and the 7 other catgirl-playing-sweaty-waifupillowhaving-neckbeards have to press buttons every 2 seconds the entire time.

EQ1's socialization was due to shitty game design. We did it because the game itself was so fucking boring from a combat perspective

1) Spend many minutes recovering after a fight because the game forces you to do this
2) Most combat was mindless auto attack and maybe press a skill button every now and again

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
EQ1's socialization was due to shitty game design. We did it because the game itself was so fucking boring from a combat perspective

1) Spend many minutes recovering after a fight because the game forces you to do this
2) Most combat was mindless auto attack and maybe press a skill button every now and again
VT raiding at its finest. Auto attack and AFK for an hour.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Yeah the only bad current relic step is the 15 DR's, but as Malakriss notes, damage just keeps going up in there as people upgrade. The 30/30 x3 step I got pretty much all of it just raising my rank from 15 to 25 in the new zone anyways. Relics optional anyways.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Honestly the last step is pretty fucking painless and easy, grind in Zadnor till Rank 25(You can keep grinding in there too max out the Honors if you want, it's 1.8billion mettle to hit 10/10/10)

Or farm A1(Axles), A4(Springs), O1(Book of the Realm), 04(Book of the Void?(I think that's what it was called)), E1(Lurid), E4(Vexasiou(SP? haha))

I did a combo of both, I only needed like 2 of each raid once I was done in Zadnor, and that was only after getting too 2/5/0 on the honors..

Like I said compared too, Zodiac and Anima relics, were these last two steps would be after a massive Light grind too "prepare" the weapon for upgrade.. It's pretty fucking easy.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
The latest step also has alternatives. You can do the 30/30/30/30/30/30 from Skirmishes/CEs inside Zadnor, and you can get the 15 Raw Emotions from HoH/Dalriada/Delubrum or any synced 70 dungeons.

Yeah, I don't get it. If you want to bang your head chain running Alex/Omega raids, be my guest I guess. Meanwhile, you can just do Zadnor and farm everything at the same time. It's like 30 skirmishes and 15 CEs in each Zadnor subzone and you are done.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be fair there hasn’t been interesting or good itemization in an mmo since the original Everquest thru maybe planes of power. Now it’s just everything +1 gooderer and color coded , we can all thank wow for that poison.
Remember when you’d get excited seeing a sarnak shield on a sarnak because you knew it would actually drop it? Or when frenzied was meleeing fast as fuck so you knew he had the sash? Pepperidge farms remembers

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
To be fair there hasn’t been interesting or good itemization in an mmo since the original Everquest thru maybe planes of power. Now it’s just everything +1 gooderer and color coded , we can all thank wow for that poison.
Remember when you’d get excited seeing a sarnak shield on a sarnak because you knew it would actually drop it? Or when frenzied was meleeing fast as fuck so you knew he had the sash? Pepperidge farms remembers
FFXIV makes up for +1itis by making it all incredibly fucking beautiful. The raid gear exudes awesomeness and style, and even the high end crafted stuff is pretty neat too.

• 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I remember getting a Blood Fire from Cazic Thule from the Plane of Fear, an Oracle Robe by killing the Oracle, a DE mask from Lower Guk and spending months to get my war legendary weapon. Those are the times I was so damn excited getting gear in an MMO and went to bed thinking about that.
Oh and also getting Invincible mount drop in ICC.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Picking up where I left off a few years ago on my black mage. I like that people are still nice. Did a 50/60/70 roulette, and the group gave me a quick run down before each fight. I need to brush up on the story a bit since I stopped halfway through heavensward.

• 2Like

Juvarisx

Florida
First time through this and man the ARR story just dragging. I looked up the MSQ list and though I was close to done and then realized it isnt updated to reflect they make you do the entire Crystal Tower thing now. Its a fine raid (I think its a raid), but it just keeps going and going. I wanted to get to heavensword and now I think im real close but man if i was not determined to get there I could see a lot of people dropping before then.

Worst by far is the Titan primal shit making the banquet, holy fuck.

Daidraco

Wish we could sticky "The game is 100 times better in later expansions".

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have a crafting material hording problem. 4 full retainers and regular inventory 3/4 full with heavensward stuff. I think I wanted to be able to make whatever Leveling gear I wanted for other jobs, but maybe I should just unload everything I've out leveled. Are there any good reasons to hang on to lower level materials?

Goonsquad Officer
Wish we could sticky "The game is 100 times better in later expansions".
They should really really condense more quests. Or rather eliminate some fetcher. Have some other scions do it while they still have retarded voices.