Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
I like how new players being given teleport tickets is meant to numb the psychological damage I got from going to Waking Sands ober and over again.

Cybsled

There is a fate name in ShB called “pray destroy the walking sands” where you kill sand monsters, so SE realized how much players hated that lol

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I just always thought they should do like "private Aetheryte"
But the reason why there is no aetheryte is because Minfilia is scared of cancer. You should be afraid of those 5G aetheryte crystals, too!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People who enjoy lore and world building in an heavily story focused JRPG. Surprising I know.

You say that like the lore was there for decades and the mechanics were written with them in mind, not the other way round. Namely some bullshit lazy lore written to justify a mechanism to extend game content/time played.

Malkav

French Madman
You say that like the lore was there for decades and the mechanics were written with them in mind, not the other way round. Namely some bullshit lazy lore written to justify a mechanism to extend game content/time played.

I fail to see how a regular 2 minute run extends time played that much. Even more so since they don't give a shit about time played metrics.

Was it annoying that you couldn't TP there back then? Yes. The point is completely moot though since the HQ was moved in Mor Dhona afterward.

You didn't want to run? You either took the chocobo ride from Horizon and went to grab a beer or take a piss, or stopped being retarded and used the ferry from the Arcanist guild in Limsa.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I fail to see how a regular 2 minute run extends time played that much. Even more so since they don't give a shit about time played metrics.

Was it annoying that you couldn't TP there back then? Yes. The point is completely moot though since the HQ was moved in Mor Dhona afterward.

You didn't want to run? You either took the chocobo ride from Horizon and went to grab a beer or take a piss, or stopped being retarded and used the ferry from the Arcanist guild in Limsa.
Well since every quest step had you go back there, that's several hours of playtime.

And back then I was on a PC barely able to run the game, so no, I'm not going to Limsa and getting a ferry for an extra loading screen on top of the one to get into the zone and the two to get to fucking Minfillia.

Why are you defending this? The town could have had an Aetherite no problem. It's a shitty thing the game used to have.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Yes, it should have had one. The devs understand that, so they give you some tickets that give you a free teleport there now during the MSQ.

There isn't much point in adding one now because you have almost 0 reason to go back there after they decide to move their base.

Malkav

French Madman
Yes, it should have had one. The devs understand that, so they give you some tickets that give you a free teleport there now during the MSQ.

There isn't much point in adding one now because you have almost 0 reason to go back there after they decide to move their base.

Yeah, that's my point. It was annoying, but it's nowhere near the huge issue people are making about it. What's the point of sperging over something most of us went through like 8 years ago?

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's a right of passage. We all had to do the "pray return to the Waking Sands" bullshit.

Quit crying like a bitch and take your lumps. It doesn't last long. Fucking hell, what namby pamby MMO did some of you come from?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Should I do the crystal tower stuff? I did that arr stuff a few years ago before it was required. Now I've forgotten most of and need to watch some sort of recap

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah, that's my point. It was annoying, but it's nowhere near the huge issue people are making about it. What's the point of sperging over something most of us went through like 8 years ago?
Because the game is still plagued by multiple step teleport quests and long boring monologues by the Scions. I'm starting Shadowbringers patch content and I'm dreading it.

One thing WoW gets right is the medium of storytelling, even though the story is shit.

• 1Salty
  • 1Barf

Cybsled

Should I do the crystal tower stuff? I did that arr stuff a few years ago before it was required. Now I've forgotten most of and need to watch some sort of recap

Crystal Tower is a pre-req for some ShB MSQ stuff, so if you never did it, you should.

Tiu can watch the old cut scenes at the endless journey table in your inn room if needed

• 1Like

Cybsled

There are some specific cosmetics tied to each GC as well. I like Immortal Flames because their HQ is right next to the Uldah teleport and Quicksand is the best inn

Goonsquad Officer
Basically sort out where all thr sweet sweet erp happens on your server and move closer or further from that

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
There are some specific cosmetics tied to each GC as well. I like Immortal Flames because their HQ is right next to the Uldah teleport and Quicksand is the best inn

Turnins + barracks right next to the aetheryte is the best.

People love them some limsa, and the glam set is decent, but its not right next to the port in, so ehhhhhh

Malkav

French Madman
Because the game is still plagued by multiple step teleport quests and long boring monologues by the Scions. I'm starting Shadowbringers patch content and I'm dreading it.

One thing WoW gets right is the medium of storytelling, even though the story is shit.

Except now you always have an Aetheryte nearby most of the time? Though if you're up to Shb and still not liking the story delivery, it's probably just not your thing.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't matter what GC you join anymore, you can buy houses anywere now..

Also serious ? WoW delivers better story ? what the fuck ? ya I wanna read book's(outside of the game) for expanded lore ..

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Started playing, don't know what the fuck I'm doing, names are weird, lots of weeb shit but at least it feels like a step forward in the genre.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users