Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Goonsquad Officer
How do I level classes simultaneously the way you mention? Strategy wise? I'm a bit confused about that, because I know swapping weapons swaps your job? But I don't have any gear for casters for instance, so would I just swap my weapon out to another melee job while out and about questing a level 15 quest? But then all my armor requires level 15+ and I don't have 15 on that other job? I'm pretty confused by it. Do I need to go find other level 1 quests I've already done on Gladiator or what? I don't really get how to level them "simultaneously" but would love to.
Some one may have covered it but basically you get 2 to 4 classes at the level of your msq. And swap class each time you turn it in.

As for catching up, that's kind of what the hunting logs for each class, or sidequests are for. Tho everything pales in comparison to your daily duty xp bonus. So run those on the lowest class you want up when you have Multiple classes up to msq level just turn in on the lowest level one.

Goonsquad Officer
I'm a fan of fishing. Some fish sell super well. The rest you can desynth. But fishing requires research for times and baits.

Cybsled

Ocean fishing is a good way to level fishing as well. Vendor by the dock in Limsa sells all the needed baits as well

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My BLM is 67 nearing the end of the first HW msq line. Would it be worth it to bring up some other jobs now, or keep going? It looks like I started a samurai that's level 50, and everything else is level 5-15. All my doh and dol are 58-64, except fishing, which I've had a little fun catching up the last few days.

Goonsquad Officer
I like milking the msq for extra class xp, but I do 2 tanks and use the same gear. You want daily tombstones. Just do those on alt classes till they are on tier.

With the under level xp bonus it'll move fast

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Also, is doing the daily grand company provisioning for seals->ventures still a good idea? I seem to get a lot of xp from it, and I've started to stockpile ventures.

Goonsquad Officer
I did provisioning to lazy level crafting classes. And heaping ventures is what I did with my points

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I basically generate all my venture tokens from GC turnins. Run dungeons -> turnin blue and green loot that doesn't look cool. Buy ventures -> send butlers to get more green and blue loot. Keep the shit that looks rad or sells well.

Cybsled

My BLM is 67 nearing the end of the first HW msq line. Would it be worth it to bring up some other jobs now, or keep going? It looks like I started a samurai that's level 50, and everything else is level 5-15. All my doh and dol are 58-64, except fishing, which I've had a little fun catching up the last few days.

Dancer and GNB are available at 60 I think, could do those and still be able to do HW MSQ stuff

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'd highly recommend trying this, probably fairly inexpensive, at least it was last time i checked.
I'll just leave this link here, where you can check the price of things on the servers on your data center:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I basically generate all my venture tokens from GC turnins. Run dungeons -> turnin blue and green loot that doesn't look cool. Buy ventures -> send butlers to get more green and blue loot. Keep the shit that looks rad or sells well.

This is decent system until you get up near cap. Once at cap if you dabble in the hunting communities at all, old A and S ranks can provide enough alliance and centuro seals to fund ventures.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
This is decent system until you get up near cap. Once at cap if you dabble in the hunting communities at all, old A and S ranks can provide enough alliance and centuro seals to fund ventures.
Oh for sure, there are quite a few ways to fund venture tokens. Hunt trains take a bit of outside game knowledge/tools- but it's definitely an option.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm a fan of fishing. Some fish sell super well. The rest you can desynth. But fishing requires research for times and baits.
When I started fishing for shit that wasnt even in water, that fucked me up for a minute. Like what do you mean theres fish in the desert? What? You're telling me I also need to fish off this cliff in a snow storm? (then I went directly to youtube, I was so baffled.)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Lately I've been spending all my GC seals on crafting stuff, all the music I've been getting, farming for my gwibbers has been selling really really good, so good I bought a house on Malboro lol.

Potash, Coke, Voidsent Blood, and Peacock Ore all sell really good(At least on Malboro they do, check you're servers market for options though) and the only place too get them is via GC seals(Other then Treasure Maps but that's a crap shoot.)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
How do I min max my free 30 days with buying the complete edition? I heard that once I get level 30 I get 14 days? Can finally send tells at that point? I restarted on Spriggan and am back to level 20ish on Glad. When should I apply my complete edition?

Cybsled

It is only free to 60 if you are a 1st time user. If you played before, even in many years in the past, you dont get the free trial.

sukik

How is palace of the dead for leveling low alts? Guildhests, fates and hunting logs are what I remember doing.

Cybsled

PotD is good for leveling low alts, it just gets pretty tedious after running it a lot

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Last dumb question for the day, maybe! What's the best way to work out rotations, is there a dummy somewhere?

Edit, NM, google has a list

Last edited: