Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've only spent maybe 2 hours total on red mage, but I really like the flow of their DPS combined with the sprinkling of RNG to keep you on your toes about which spells to cast next.

Also becomes invaluable later on b/c of being able to insta cast rezz so often after the casting of another spell. Pretty much all I played in Eureka or the current relic area of Bozja.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Y'all are doing a great job of talking me into trying the red mage asap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

I've shelved my BLM for a bit to pull up 2-3 other classes to the same level. After playing a few other jobs, I see they are a bit of a pain. But the black mage has been my favorite character, going back to the first NES game. So I think nostalgia is going to win out in the end.

BLM is the favorite of the series for me too, but the class in FFXIV in a PITA to play. It's so easy to tank your dps. lol

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yes? You can chain stun an infinitely large pack of mobs long enough that the DPS kills it all before it really even does anything.

There's some kind of built-in stun resistance the more you use it, but almost everything gets hit at least twice.
I can't seem to understand what mobs have stun diminishing returns and what don't? Sometimes it seems like I can only ever stun a mob twice, and then never again? Do the diminishing returns ever reset, or is it just twice per mob and then that's it?

Speaking of bust sizes. I noticed that the bunny race has way bigger tits than they let me have as a Hyur or catgirl or scaleygirl, which is disappointing. I always slide that bust meter to the max. ESO lets you have a huge, nice rack. But you're telling me I can artificially increase my bust size with a skin?

Altho, as deviant of the full gender spectrum, I miss seeing hot dudes in games. Guys never play guys anymore. There was a time when people were shamed for playing female chars. I bet guys playing male characters in FF14 get a lot of action in the ERP scene from the ladies. Instantly a Chad.

Tanks are boring in the rotation department - but outside of that, you can solo anything you need to without fear of dying. You get almost instant duty finder queues etc. Healers too, but tanks do more damage so its quicker.
Sometimes I still get a 10 minute queue for something, despite it saying Tank in need tho. Seems like I see Healer in need way more than tank? It's certainly way way faster than dps though.

Merrith

Sometimes I still get a 10 minute queue for something, despite it saying Tank in need tho. Seems like I see Healer in need way more than tank? It's certainly way way faster than dps though.

Come Endwalker release, tank queues will be lightning fast with new dps and new healer classes coming. Healers reaped the benefits of this for Shadowbringers when Gunbreaker (Tank) and Dancer (DPS) were the new classes. This late in the expansion it varies between the two for stuff.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I can't seem to understand what mobs have stun diminishing returns and what don't? Sometimes it seems like I can only ever stun a mob twice, and then never again? Do the diminishing returns ever reset, or is it just twice per mob and then that's it?

Speaking of bust sizes. I noticed that the bunny race has way bigger tits than they let me have as a Hyur or catgirl or scaleygirl, which is disappointing. I always slide that bust meter to the max. ESO lets you have a huge, nice rack. But you're telling me I can artificially increase my bust size with a skin?

Altho, as deviant of the full gender spectrum, I miss seeing hot dudes in games. Guys never play guys anymore. There was a time when people were shamed for playing female chars. I bet guys playing male characters in FF14 get a lot of action in the ERP scene from the ladies. Instantly a Chad.

Stun DR works somewhat like wow(used to? not idea nowadays). First stun is full duration, second stun is half duration, 3rd stun is quarter duration, then monster is immune. Immunity lasts about a minute, then reset. Using another stun during immunity doesn't reset it, I think, but not 100% sure. There used to be stuns that went through immunity(one ilm punch) but I think they removed that, besides BLU who still has one(the alexander beam, forgot the name of it, does a short stun and specifically mentions it ignores DR, can be used to setup for knife bonus dmg). And obviously a lot of bosses and stuff are just downright immune to stuns, to prevent shenanigans.

Malkav

French Madman
Stun DR works somewhat like wow(used to? not idea nowadays). First stun is full duration, second stun is half duration, 3rd stun is quarter duration, then monster is immune. Immunity lasts about a minute, then reset. Using another stun during immunity doesn't reset it, I think, but not 100% sure. There used to be stuns that went through immunity(one ilm punch) but I think they removed that, besides BLU who still has one(the alexander beam, forgot the name of it, does a short stun and specifically mentions it ignores DR, can be used to setup for knife bonus dmg). And obviously a lot of bosses and stuff are just downright immune to stuns, to prevent shenanigans.

Yeah, basically you can stun lock a pack of mobs for about 7sec by spamming Holy. It's 7 seconds where your tank won't take shit for damage while you yourself are doing AOE damage. There is absolutely no reasons not to DPS.

Juvarisx

Florida
Decided to break from the MSQ and just finished the first part of this Detective Hildibrand questline upon suggestion from someone i talked to ingame. Its sure....something, im more baffled then laughing but i really dunno it must be really Japanese.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm level 61 and still not far enough in the main story to unlock any of my additional white mage powers lol.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Since you mentioned Moenbryda earlier, I think you are almost there.

I just did a couple raid-like things in the crystal tower? It felt pretty end-gamey so maybe that's the actual end of the initial story stuff finally?

Malkav

French Madman
I just did a couple raid-like things in the crystal tower? It felt pretty end-gamey so maybe that's the actual end of the initial story stuff finally?

Crystal Tower raids were side content that were released through various patches back in the day. Nowadays they are mandatory before doing Shadowbringers to give some context on some things.

Looking at it, they inserted doing the Crytal Tower side quests in the last few quests of the 2.55 patch, so that's probably where you are at. You have like 3 more quests after that and then it's off to Heavensward.

Malkav

French Madman
Hildibrand still as hilarious as ever. Too bad we didnt get a new Hildibrand chain in Shadowbringers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Damn. Reached the gil cap, I guess? Only 300k on trial. They're really pushing me to activate, with no bank space via retainers, no marketboard, and 300k max coins lol. Guess my min maxing my free time ends here. Is there something I can spend gil on that I'll want later?

Last edited:

Cybsled

That is Godbert, the 2nd most powerful character in the game. The most powerful is his wife because even he fears her

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Damn. Reached the gil cap, I guess? Only 300k on trial. They're really pushing me to activate, with no bank space via retainers, no marketboard, and 300k max coins lol. Guess my min maxing my free time ends here.

If you plan to play, it’s worth it to activate. You’re pissing away Gil otherwise