Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just envision what your next class will be and go ahead and buy that armor for it. Armory Chest is getting more slots next expansion, so fill it up.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Just envision what your next class will be and go ahead and buy that armor for it. Armory Chest is getting more slots next expansion, so fill it up.

Yea I bought a full set for redmage and dark knight already heh, poetics stack up fast if you do the duty finder stuff each day.

Malkav

French Madman
Yea I bought a full set for redmage and dark knight already heh, poetics stack up fast if you do the duty finder stuff each day.

This is a good post detailing what you can buy with poetics and what to spend them on :

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm definitely going to setup up those job buttons she has in the video. That's hella useful!

Damn that's cool. I've just been using shared hotbars on the far right of my screen, but it sucks that they take up space all the time.

What controls access to the poetic vendors past level 50? I'm capped on them again but can't seem to find anywhere to buy level 60 gear, so I've just been blowing them on more sets of level 50 stuff for various jobs.
Where are you getting so many poetics from? So far all I'm seeing is 20 per dungeon.

Paladin level 50 set looks so sick. I was expecting them all to look fantastic because of that, but that doesn't appear to be the case lol. At least summoner and scholar look pretty dank and newbish so far. Paladin set looks timeless. Are there any other good ones like pal?

Last edited:

Merrith

The best feeling is when you have all classes fully leveled and can get rid of all the lower level gear from armoury chest. The space save is tremendous.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The best feeling is when you have all classes fully leveled and can get rid of all the lower level gear from armoury chest. The space save is tremendous.
Yeah I'm having a rough time figuring out what to do. Because I want to explore plenty more classes, but I'm already out of space in several slots. I don't appreciate them separating healing stat damage and dps stat damage for int casters. Like, why? A big reason I level'd Sum/Scholar was because I thought it'd be super easy in that regard, but not so much with them now requiring different items in every single slot lol.

What do people do for inventory management? It's honestly kind of a clusterfuck to have it spread around between your mount bag, your retainers, and your inventory. Is there a good logic to use with where to store what?

Edit: Just realized I can move stuff out of armor slot to regular, well that helps a bit I suppose.

Merrith

Yeah I'm having a rough time figuring out what to do. Because I want to explore plenty more classes, but I'm already out of space in several slots. I don't appreciate them separating healing stat damage and dps stat damage for int casters. Like, why? A big reason I level'd Sum/Scholar was because I thought it'd be super easy in that regard, but not so much with them now requiring different items in every single slot lol.

What do people do for inventory management? It's honestly kind of a clusterfuck to have it spread around between your mount bag, your retainers, and your inventory. Is there a good logic to use with where to store what?

Edit: Just realized I can move stuff out of armor slot to regular, well that helps a bit I suppose.

inventory management is a cluster unless you're paying for extra retainers, etc, or you just take care with how many sets of gear you're holding onto. It's probably different for you guys leveling multiple classes off MSQ exp, too, but for all the extra classes I just kind of moved them in groups to 50, then 60, then 70...and used stuff like PotD/roulettes/beast tribe quest exp to level them so I only needed the level 50/60/70 poetic sets and nothing in between to take up more space. Also if you level up entire groups together like all the tanks, all the range dps, all the caster dps, all the healers, you can prevent the need to hold a lot of extra gear.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Ugh I was so happy thinking I found a way to turn off fate music specifically. Nope, disabled all music entirely. FML. Please tell me there is some option to just disable fate and not everything else, like I did with combat music and mount music? That's the whole point... I'm enjoying the music/ambience and then suddenly that fucking Fate music starts playing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Damn that's cool. I've just been using shared hotbars on the far right of my screen, but it sucks that they take up space all the time.

Where are you getting so many poetics from? So far all I'm seeing is 20 per dungeon.

Paladin level 50 set looks so sick. I was expecting them all to look fantastic because of that, but that doesn't appear to be the case lol. At least summoner and scholar look pretty dank and newbish so far. Paladin set looks timeless. Are there any other good ones like pal?
First time you run a dungeon, you get a bonus(well everyone does in that run), that's usually ~100poetics per dungeon, and you have to do a bunch for the story. Also alliance roulette is good poetics(and xp).

Sets will vary a lot on your tastes. They're pretty iconic renditions of the classes, so some will look "cooler" than others, and some of the AF(the class specific armor that you get at the end of every expansions) are based on characters of past FF, such as FF4 chars(Rydia for summoner, Kain for Dragoon, Fang for Monk etc). Paladin usually is a safe bet though, it's all cool looking stylish plate armor stuff. Dragoon and Dark Knight are similar, hard to mess these up. But stuff like casters range from rags to robes, with few really nice looking ones, imo.

Malkav

French Madman

Since you're probably not progressing again on the MSQ, you probably only have the Leveling Roulette unlocked. There is like 3 more roulettes unlocking around lvl50 gated by the MSQ and that awards poetics daily : lvl50/60/70 dungeon roulette, alliance raid roulette and MSQ roulette.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Nothing worse than all these people with names like "Duty Commenced" and shit.

Since you're probably not progressing again on the MSQ, you probably only have the Leveling Roulette unlocked. There is like 3 more roulettes unlocking around lvl50 gated by the MSQ and that awards poetics daily : lvl50/60/70 dungeon roulette, alliance raid roulette and MSQ roulette.
I'm still progessing the MSQ. Just did garuda. Hoping to be out of ARR soon...

I have had the leveling roulette and the guildhests for a while, and then also have pvp, which I don't really plan on doing. I only got a total of 50ish poetics for doing my first lvl 50 dungeon tho, but I guess you must get more thru that system once it is unlocked?

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nothing worse than all these people with names like "Duty Commenced" and shit.

I'm still progessing the MSQ. Just did garuda. Hoping to be out of ARR soon...

I have had the leveling roulette and the guildhests for a while, and then also have pvp, which I don't really plan on doing. I only got a total of 50ish poetics for doing my first lvl 50 dungeon tho, but I guess you must get more thru that system once it is unlocked?
Basically. The breakdown is roughly this according to a level 62 WAR.

50/60/70 Dungeons - 100 poetics
Main Scenario - 300 poetics*
Alliance Raid - 100 poetics
Normal Raid - 80 poetics

Once you hit max level the tomestone rewards for max level kick in in addition to the above so there's incentive to run them at max level as well, but I wouldn't recommend that if you've got alt jobs.

* Main Scenario dungeons also award 100/200 for a full run, depending on what you get, so you're getting 400-500 a day just with that roulette in addition to a large amount of exp.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Poetics drop from the sky once you start doing daily MSQ and Alliance duties. Old relic weapons will eat up a ton if you bother with them, as linked a few posts back, but otherwise- i'm capped for weeks at a time on them. Can't personally bother to convert them to cash most of the time. Even the middle tier, i feel hard pressed to optimize- but i make a half assed effort there at least.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I wish for once, these ARR quests would just be direct instead of so roundabout, as if they are stalling you constantly. It's so maddening. I am actually glad this game doesn't really have alts, because there's no way I'd ever, ever, ever do ARR again. Please tell me I'm almost done after rescuing wedge and biggs?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I wish for once, these ARR quests would just be direct instead of so roundabout, as if they are stalling you constantly. It's so maddening. I am actually glad this game doesn't really have alts, because there's no way I'd ever, ever, ever do ARR again. Please tell me I'm almost done after rescuing wedge and biggs?
8b24be0b449268501795b2116256a3e4.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Should clarify weapons and ring armory chest will go from 35->50 but the rest are unchanged besides the removal of belts.