Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Trust me, there are plenty of bad guys who fall into the 100% unredeemable category in this game lol
I really liked how
Yotsuyu gets an amnesia second chance after her initial defeat where everyone is super nice to her becuse she was a sex trafficking victim, then the second she gets her memory back she is back to being evil and attains godhood.

Then when you defeat her again, she appears cleansed by the experience but her brother than just pumps her full of bullets before you can give her a third chance.

That storyline was great.

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
Probably might want to spoiler the whole thing and not just the name.

Hell, leaving the name not spoilered and spoilering everything else would have been less of a spoiler lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Regarding that (stormblood spoilers)

They were trying for a ethical dilemma with 2 different situations with Fordola and Yotsuyu

Yotsuyu turned out shitty and was sadistic because of her past experiences. But then she apparently loses all memory and seems to basically be child like, so the quandary is whether or not she can be held accountable for her acts in her current state. Before she dies, while she felt bad for Gosetsu, but I dont think she was 100% redeemed. She didnt even think so. She was just a tragic situation - her parents and family were shitbags, the people of Doma were shitbags, so not surprising she turned out to be a shitbag when given a position of power. Her whole background was "revenge because everyone sucks and they hurt me".

Fordola had good parents, but because they were going along with the Empire, father gets murdered and the Empire guards do shit. So she later joins a gang and is resolved to actually bring Ala Mihgo to a level where the Empire actually respects them and doesnt treat them like shit so what happened to her as a kid doesnt happen again. But she does treat people like those who killed her father as scum and kills in name of Empire. But she is also doing it from the perspective that if she does this, then maybe her people wont be treated as second class citizens and what happened to her father won't happen again. She does harbor hatred for people who did her wrong, but at the same time she wants to improve this for her people. She is even willing to sacrifice herself or people she cares about to do that.

We only forgive Yotsuyu to a degree because she was "reset". Fordola is fully aware of everything she is doing and later makes a choice, of her own accord, to help. That is why I think long term Fordola is easier to forgive than a non-amnesia Yotsuyu)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I really liked how
Yotsuyu gets an amnesia second chance after her initial defeat where everyone is super nice to her becuse she was a sex trafficking victim, then the second she gets her memory back she is back to being evil and attains godhood.

Then when you defeat her again, she appears cleansed by the experience but her brother than just pumps her full of bullets before you can give her a third chance.

That storyline was great.

Fucking spoilers you motherfucker

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I'm at lvl 47 and slowing progressing thru the story and to my surprise I'm actually reading the main questline texts (Never did that in wow, even had an auto quest addon) and I have noticed a very Japanese thing happening there. Vast majority of the bad guy npcs you interact with in the end say they are very sorry and from now on they will try to be at their very best and are basically let go without any consequences. WTF is that shit? I wanna see some action.
To be fair there was that imposter Spanish Inquisition guy. But he did murder countless people and it would have been idiotic just to let him go. It's basically where I've gotten with the story. Still trying to get to that fucking airship.
Also, there's like no blood and even when people die, the camera pans/cuts away and doesn't show the deathblow so to speak. The most you see is npcs kinda fainting to death.

You should give Age of Conan a try sometime. I've been playing that again lately and it's very brutally realistic. The combat still to this day is the best out of any MMO I've ever played. Kinda sad it's a mostly dead game. Well it still has several thousand people playing it but there's no new content being released.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You should give Age of Conan a try sometime. I've been playing that again lately and it's very brutally realistic. The combat still to this day is the best out of any MMO I've ever played. Kinda sad it's a mostly dead game. Well it still has several thousand people playing it but there's no new content being released.

Didn't that game not die around ten years ago?

Cybsled

AoC was one of the biggest bait & switches in MMO history. It was the equivalent of walking into an department store with a super opulent lobby, then you go up the escalator and all the shelves are bare and there are crackheads camping out in the ruins of the lingerie section

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
AoC was one of the biggest bait & switches in MMO history. It was the equivalent of walking into an department store with a super opulent lobby, then you go up the escalator and all the shelves are bare and there are crackheads camping out in the ruins of the lingerie section
Only at release was it like this, well sort of. Levels 1-40 were really well done and had a lot of content but 40-80 was almost non-existent. This all got changed though as they added a shitload of content afterwards but unfortunately a lot of people left before this happened so the game basically died. As it stands now it's a very good game with a lot of content and imo the best combat any MMO has to offer by a significant margin, especially for PvP.

• 1Seriously?

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still have fond memories of the first 20 levels

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I still have fond memories of the first 20 levels
5hnwug.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm at lvl 47 and slowing progressing thru the story and to my surprise I'm actually reading the main questline texts (Never did that in wow, even had an auto quest addon) and I have noticed a very Japanese thing happening there. Vast majority of the bad guy npcs you interact with in the end say they are very sorry and from now on they will try to be at their very best and are basically let go without any consequences. WTF is that shit? I wanna see some action.
To be fair there was that imposter Spanish Inquisition guy. But he did murder countless people and it would have been idiotic just to let him go. It's basically where I've gotten with the story. Still trying to get to that fucking airship.
Also, there's like no blood and even when people die, the camera pans/cuts away and doesn't show the deathblow so to speak. The most you see is npcs kinda fainting to death.

Sometimes it sucks being a hero.

Want to stop having problems with Primals? Try genocide. Put every Ixal, Sahagin, Kobold, and Amaal'ja to the sword. Can't derive power from worshippers when there are no worshippers left.

And not just the men, but the women and children, too.

37857333246ddda79c349dd0aa500a01.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Want to stop having problems with Primals? Try genocide. Put every Ixal, Sahagin, Kobold, and Amaal'ja to the sword. Can't derive power from worshippers when there are no worshippers left.

View attachment 364106
You monster!

Ep9MXNlUUAABdHj.jpg

• 2Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

View attachment 364106

Doing this causes other problems though... see The Burn.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Doing this causes other problems though... see The Burn.
What exactly happened there?

Garleans via Ascians say it's caused by over summoning.

But then somewhere else I saw it was where the Allagans raised all those Heavensward floating islands from?

Last edited: