Forced - Steam(maybe 360/psn)

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Save 20% on FORCED on Steam

This is an Action game along the lines of Alien Swarm from a control standpoint - left stick is movement up down left right - right stick is free spinning look. The twist is there is 4 classes plus an "orb" that each player can call to him or herself to navigate around the map - this orb has to be navigated through objectives, enhanced with buffs (heal aura/speed/bombs), unpin characters who get trapped in a skill. Each level has a completion, time, and bonus objective (like avoiding all X, doing all Y). Each of the 3 objectives are worth a "crystal" and these crystals unlock skills. The unlocks are one time only (i.e) if you play to 25 crystals you have 25 crystals worth of unlocks any of the 4 classes - each game can have only 1 of each class type.

The game starts easy enough but ramps up quite quickly. There is I think around 25-30 levels as the final ability unlock comes at 75 crystals completed.

The game can be played solo/co-op 2/3/4 person and the difficulty is supposed to be variably scaled. I have put in around 3-4 hours on 3 player and it has been a blast. It is also local co-op enabled in the style of gauntlet so if you have family or friends and enough controllers and inputs you need not search for games online. If you do intend to play with friends from different regions - the game finder auto sorts via your download preference for geography. To connect to my friend's game on the east coast I had to change my steam preference from seattle to Washington DC. But it worked flawlessly with that change.

The games pretty tough if you aren't reasonably adept with either a gamepad or alien swarm style mouse keyboard controls and puts a huge premium on teamwork due to having to ping the orb through a changing priority queue (save a friendly, activate a beacon, start healing, create a bomb). Its on sale right now until the 31st for 11.99 - and I feel like I got that value out of it already.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The game really shines with 3+ players - highly recommend if you've got a group of friends.