Ford v. Ferrari (2019)

spronk

FPS noob
4.60 star(s) Rating: 4.60/5 5 Votes
Title: Ford v. Ferrari (2019)

Tagline: They took the American dream for a ride

Genre: Drama, Action

Director: James Mangold

Cast: Christian Bale, Matt Damon, Jon Bernthal, Tracy Letts, Caitriona Balfe, Noah Jupe, Scott Rapp, Josh Lucas, Ray McKinnon, Stefania Spampinato, Wyatt Nash, Wallace Langham, Dallas Chandler, Jonathan LaPaglia, Rudolf Martin

Release: 2019-07-03

Plot: The true story of the battle between Ford and Ferrari to win Le Mans in 1966.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
After seeing how the Grand Tour covered this topic, I am becoming awkwardly aroused hoping this movie will live up....

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Nice cast. Not really a topic I particularly care about but with with the people involved, will certainly have to take a look.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
if you've never seen it definitely watch Rush by Ron Howard starring Thor, while I'm not a huge car guy either and only like the travel bits of Top Gear / Grand Tour, I loved Rush its just a gripping "men doing mens thing" drama

There's also a movie starring Antonio Banderas and Alec Baldwin coming out next year that tells the story behind Ferrari vs Lamborghini

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente
if you've never seen it definitely watch Rush by Ron Howard starring Thor, while I'm not a huge car guy either and only like the travel bits of Top Gear / Grand Tour, I loved Rush its just a gripping "men doing mens thing" drama

There's also a movie starring Antonio Banderas and Alec Baldwin coming out next year that tells the story behind Ferrari vs Lamborghini
Rush is a great movie.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I'm into motorsport / involved in motorsport and the Lemans 24hr is probably my favorite race of the year.

So count me in for this one.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm a sucker for car movies, even so much to say I go to the theater for all the F&F movies. I'll for sure will be watching this one too.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rush was way underated. Easily my favorite Ron Howard directed movie. I think it was my favorite movie that came out that year

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Rush was a great film.

There's a documentary about racing called Grand Prix: The Killer Years which highlights the dangers driving back then. Lots of people were killed during this time period as the cars got really fast with no thought into driver safety and the tracks were extremely dangerous.

Guys were racing with knives in their pockets to free themselves in the event they crashed or they faced burning to death. I can't believe they didn't even have medical staff trackside.

You needed balls of steel to race back then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You needed balls of steel to be anywhere near one of those races really. There is insane footage, especially of Le Mans way back when, where cars just run straight into the grandstands and kill everyone along the way.

People are fucking nuts with racing. Look at some of the older footage of rally races. People standing on the goddamn track and moving out of the way at the last second as a driver comes barreling through.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database