Forza Horizon 4

Njals

<Donor All-Stars>
8d 10h 40m
Reactions
331 13 0 0
Didn't see a thread for this one. Demo is out on the Windows 10 store and Xbox Live with the full game coming out the 28th for preorders and officially on October 2nd. It's a play anywhere title so if you buy it digitally you can play it on both your PC and Xbox. About an hour worth of play on an Xbox X on a 4k OLED and it is pretty impressive. Game looks gorgeous and they took an if it ain't broke don't fix attitude it to the game play. Forza Horizon 3 with the Hot Wheels Island expansion is probably my most played Xbox game and I normally hate racing games; this is almost more like an open world racing RPG only instead of random battles it's stunts, speed traps, billboards to break and stunt combos. Demo is around the 28 gig mark and has a surprising amount of content to it just waiting on the my PC to finish downloading it to see how it compares to the console.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Donors Crew>
3d 23h 58m
Reactions
1,034 39 0 0
Standard edition is also part of Game Pass.

spronk

FPS noob
<Donors Crew>
8d 1h 21m
Reactions
4,331 442 0 0
microsoft running a really great deal for new xbox users, pay $100 and get a year of xbox game pass (FH4 will be included) plus FH3 and Forza 7 to keep
Get the Best Deal of the Season for Xbox Game Pass and Forza Games - Xbox Wire

since new first party games will be included with game pass its a pretty sweet deal. I've got FH4 ultimate on pre order disc, gonna redeem the digital codes and trade the disc since I have 3 years of game pass prepaid, then i'll have the gamepass base game and the car pass/VIP package plus install from disc to save some bandwidth

Chimney

Knight of the Realm
16h 21m
Reactions
59 3 0 0
Hrm I might have to bite. I'm not a big fan of racing games, but I have put in some hours for Forza Horizon 2 since it was free and enjoyed it immensely and I've been getting a half dozen+ hours out of a bunch of random games from gamepass.

Vorph

Trakanon Raider
Reactions
1,210 47 0 0
Never played a Forza for more than a few minutes before, but I couldn't resist checking this one out since it has all my favorite Lotus models in it.

Load times seem ridiculously long. Granted I didn't install it to my SSD because I wasn't willing to give a demo 28GB, but taking several minutes to load the game or the benchmark seems insane. And then once I get in I run into problem #2, it doesn't want to work with my DS4 at all. The game recognizes it and it kind of works, but it's like every button and stick has a massive deadzone. Can't turn more than a few degrees, ABXY buttons only work occasionally, stuff like start/select don't work at all, etc. I rarely have to mess with DS4Windows anymore since Steam started supporting DS4 natively, but it does still work perfectly in all my GOG/non-Steam games.

I wish every game had a benchmark this robust. I was rather amazed that the autodetect actually chose a mix of settings that hit a steady 60-75 fps @ 2560x1080 and I didn't even have to mess with a bunch of stuff myself. Not that I can play the game, but if I could I'm sure it would be great.

Armadon

<Donors Crew>
11d 18h 45m
Reactions
764 69 0 0
Does your progress from the demo continue into live?

Vorph

Trakanon Raider
Reactions
1,210 47 0 0
No, you just get a couple shirts unlocked for use in the release version. There's very little content in the demo to carry over anyway.

Finally got my DS4 working (for some reason it works if you load the game then hide and unhide it in DS4Windows settings) and tried it out. Game itself is still pretty much unplayable, getting lots of stuttering and hitching along with bugs like the road disappearing entirely. Seems to be a fairly common issue based on what I saw on reddit. Not to mention that the settings for everything above Low are completely broken on PC (confirmed by the devs) so even if the game played like it benchmarks and didn't stutter at all it would still be impossible to judge whether or not the final version is worth buying.

spronk

FPS noob
<Donors Crew>
8d 1h 21m
Reactions
4,331 442 0 0

demo is up on xb1/PC, ultimate edition is available in 7 days (fri) with regular 4 days later

embargos are lifted, some review sites are streaming the game now too