Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, work on everything but the fucking books, you fat fuck.

Aren't From Software games kinda light on narrative?

• 8Like
  • 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think Chapelle said it best

If they give me this they can come over and fart on my dinner tonight

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I wouldn't be hyped. The timing here with the last season of got makes me think this will be released, it will be seen released within a year, and it's mostly a namegrab.

The game might even be good. I'm not saying it has to be bad. I'm just saying this is marketing, not development.

Hopefully it's a good game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, there is a story there but usually it's confusing as hell and no one really pays attention to it. Sekiro is definitely better in that regard so far, from all points.

And lol remember when Curt Schilling announced RA Salvatore was writing the lore/narrative for Project Copernicus? Man did we have some fun with that one. Every NPC in the world would be saying, "And in a dazzling brisk display of whizzing whirl, Drizzt launched his tirade of pouncing shadow malfeasance as he drought from the cup of the elder"

After every death in this game, it will be followed up with a "If you play a game with (Insert boss character here) you win or die"

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They can reuse the sekiro “ROBERRRRTTT” scream at least

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I have no idea what a From Software style game in the GoT universe would look like. Now, Warhorse Studios (Kingdom Come: Deliverance) being contracted to do a GoT game would be amazing.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Game will star Robert as he marches across the land on his journey to become a king. Final boss battle is with a boar.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Would be amazing to hear about all the players stuck on the boss “Sword of the morning, Ser Arthur Dayne” then finally beating him and looting “Dawn”

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Don't hold your breath for him writing this all himself since the time it takes him to finish half a good story is twice as long as FromSoft takes to make a game from napkin concept to the store shelf. Besides, the fat fuck is going to die before he finishes anything else

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I have no idea what a From Software style game in the GoT universe would look like. Now, Warhorse Studios (Kingdom Come: Deliverance) being contracted to do a GoT game would be amazing.

I think warhorse was bought out recently?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
The marketing writes itself. "A game so hard even the writer died making it".

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's confusing because they purposefully leave whole chunks of the lore out unexplained. They do this on purpose to spurn debate and discussion. Not saying it's great, because frankly as much as I loved it, and loved researching it, in the end Bloodborne did not 100% add up and it kind of drove me crazy because there just seemed to be a ton of loose ends that never even really met or even appeared to be on the way to meeting. With that said, I much preferr that method over Sekiro. While it's not terrible, I'm not a huge fan of the story at all. If this is actually true though, I think what it actually is, is GRRM gave Myazaki his world notes on ASoIaF so they can build a game set in Westeros that they can do their item description thing to flesh out the lore that may not have totally made it in the books. No extra work for GRRM, so he can continue NOT writing the last 2 entries in his series and watch football but still earn an easy writing credit check to buy next year's sub to NFL Sunday ticket.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Not sure why GRRM would have to write anything. Between the Dunk and Egg novela's and the Dance of Dragons story there's plenty of source material to mine through into a game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user