Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Fury (2014)

Tagline: War never ends quietly.

Genre: War, Drama, Action

Director: David Ayer

Cast: Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Michael Peña, Jon Bernthal, Jim Parrack, Brad William Henke, Kevin Vance, Xavier Samuel, Jason Isaacs, Anamaria Marinca, Alicia von Rittberg, Scott Eastwood, Eugenia Kuzmina, Jake Curran, Eric Kofi Abrefa, Adam Ganne, Jack Bannon, Marek Oravec, Zach Avery, Marlon Blue, Jamie B. Chambers

Release: 2014-10-15

Runtime: 135

Plot: Last months of World War II in April 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theater, a battle-hardened U.S. Army sergeant in the 2nd Armored Division named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank called "Fury" and its five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered and outgunned, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm blown away this movie doesn't have a thread here yet. Fucking awesome war movie from everyone involved, even Douche LaBeouf. Brad Pitt is turning in to Clint Eastwood.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
It was a good movie. It’s one of those movies that if it’s on? I am watching it. Don’t care how far along it is.

• 2Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
It was an incredible movie partially ruined by a horrible, over-the top, against-all-odds ending. That last stand was retarded.

But up until then? Some of the best tank combat represented in a movie in memory. And some great acting. I think Shia is literally insane, but I have some love for his acting chops. And I will watch almost anything Pitt is in.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw this in the theaters back in '14. I didn't love it. The movie is pretty raw.

I know how awful and brutal WW2 was. I am at a point that I don't need movies to show or remind me of that fact. If I am going to watch a WW2 movie, I'd rather it be a documentary than a Hollywood produced story with manufactured characters, gore, and horrors of war.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It has flaws but it's still a good movie. Labeuf hadn't found his off-the-rocker stride yet, Pitt was playing Pitt, and there were some inaccuracies, but it captured a lot of the dark side of how some units just got put through the wringer and never saw escape from it. They really captured the little-dinky tank vs the big behemoth tanks matchups that were a very real issue early on.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rewatched this today and still a great movie IMO. Yea some parts are a bit extreme. But it’s a war movie and makes the movie a bit more thrilling. Highly recommend. There was never an I’m bored moment.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The scene where the Tiger II tank completely demolishes a bunch of Shermans was a powerful one, and single-handedly got me interested in the evolution of tank designs. How Germany basically created the modern war-machine tank, then Russia refined the tank gun specifically to create something that could puncture German tank defenses, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Watched this on Amazon today. Was a pretty good movie and had some cool special effects.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database