Fuse

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I have been following this for a bit since im big on co-op shooters. It looks pretty fun and all, but im concerned with it seemingly like you will only use 1 weapon the entire duration of game. Likely not the case, but in either way it looks pretty fun.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The game seemed pretty interesting back when it was called Overstrike. Everything they've shown since the name change looks like a hideous mess.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If your big on co-op shooters maybe check out Warframe. F2P FPS co-op with loot and I think PvP.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The demo for this left me and 3 others completely underwhelmed. I am not even sure how it turned out to be so flat with all that potential.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I've been following this for a while and watched a lot of videos, etc. Looks like it has a ton of potential and would definitely be right up my alley with that co-op style gameplay. Disappointing to hear the above, though.

Who knows...I'll keep watching. Regardless, simply because of how different it is I'll be picking it up to try it for myself just on principle. I like this direction.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It has alot of potential, but it feels extremely drab. At one point one of my peeps says "you know, this is pretty fuckin lame" and i honestly had nothing i could say in return. It doesnt have the blockbuster feel of gears even with co-op. The enemies didnt really seem that interesting(granted only short demo and 1 boss). The controls took a lil bit of getting used to but i think the main issue was how the game flowed. Everything from movement to shooting seemed "odd". Also the guns? even the unique ones werent that interesting really when you get to use them.
I remember when i first saw this game last year i was thinking "oh fuck finally another co-op game to buy!", but at the same time i wondered "hmm how will a game based around 1 type of gun per person hold interest longer than 10minutes?". Seems like this was the true concern that i had even playing the demo, it just didnt seem very appealing. Maybe i will hear word of it being better than expected when reviews show up.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I thought that the one gun had several different modes and other upgrades you could apply though? Plus the cross combo skills changing the effect entirely, yea?

I mean, either way I can see your point. I do understand your vague reference to odd controls and movements/flow. It's hard to explain but when something isn't designed to flow properly, especially in a shooter, it makes the game hard to enjoy.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
So, anything new now this is released?

I gotta say, can't be looking too good if no one has even posted a word about it since release...

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Alright so I picked this up today.

Here's what I've got so far...

Single player campaign: Terrible fucking dialogue. So stupid. The story is eh but not cringe worthy so far just utterly predictable. While the subject matter isn't always generic, the way they go about it is, unfortunately.

Single Agent/Team Based Combat: Very cool system allows you to hold select and choose between the 4 characters of your squad seamlessly at any time in the game to play whichever agent you want which allows you, as a single player, to set up combos with 4 unique characters and weapon styles which has a pretty wide range of possibilities. There are skill trees for each individual character as well as 'team perks' which apply to an entire squad, so you can really set up your team just how you want it. This part is pretty well done and the skills are for the most part well thought out and useful.

Controls/UI/Movement: Control scheme is fine, the movement is great with the speed of vaulting, rolling and instantly being able to take cover near pretty much anything with just the O button. Actual movement of the character can be a bit odd (read: fucking unnecessarily weird) if you're not particularly skilled at controlling the character with both sticks at all times. It requires coordination and it doesn't ruin it but it's not very easy to flow with, either. Not a game breaker, however. The aiming UI is cool but a bit sluggish. I have max sensitivity and still feel like I can't get to my targets quick enough. Also, the UI is a bit massive and I don't a see way to change it, so expect your screen to be full of shit anytime you're shooting at something. It's okay and I got used to it, but it's not exactly sleek in the slightest.

Small con: You have to hold triangle to pretty much pick up/do any action at all in the game and it's fucking retarded. A little timed bar pops up and you have to walk up to fucking everything, including the trivial shit, and hold triangle and wait for it. Hacking a computer I can understand the immersion of timing it so it's not an instant cakewalk through security systems but it does not take 15 seconds to pick up some ammo on the ground for fuck's sake.

I'm a huge fan of co-op shooters since I have a couple of close friends that I have a blast playing with and this is worth picking up for the co-op experience. There's also a game mode called Echelon which can be played co-op/online which is basically you and your team against waves of enemies for a change of pace. Pretty cool.

The weapons and chain combos are cool as fuck. The general selection of non-Xenotech weapons isn't really groundbreaking, typical ARs and pistols and whatnot.
The environments and atmospheres aren't too bad at all and give you a lot of options on cover and whatnot with some areas proving to be well designed combat areas.
Enemy AI is pretty decent, I started on hard and have been fucked up in a couple situations and I'm a pretty well versed player when it comes to any shooter.

Overall, 6-7/10 for providing a decently entertaining and unique single player experience with a kick ass co-op element but completely lacking in interesting story elements/dialogue, etc. It's actually painfully stupid at times. I'd say the rating of this game really depends on if you have someone to play it with or if you can enjoy strangers company online through co-op because it's not going to be for everyone with just the single player.