(G)rape Vanning

TJT

Adrenaline Junkie
<Donors Crew>
Reactions
32,900 758 0 0
Titan_Atlas Titan_Atlas

For the bed situation you really have two options. A futon thing you all plop out on or this is perfect if you really want bunks.

Navy Berthing Racks

Literally designed to stack in small spaces and cheap as fuck.

Titan_Atlas

Wakanda raider
<Donors Crew>
11d 6h 3m
Reactions
14,146 792 0 0
Titan_Atlas Titan_Atlas

For the bed situation you really have two options. A futon thing you all plop out on or this is perfect if you really want bunks.

Navy Berthing Racks

Literally designed to stack in small spaces and cheap as fuck.
Those are nice. I was leaning towards doing a custom wood system with a wall kitchen and storage that comes out of the back doors. Slide out prep areas, marine refrigerator, running 2 170 solar panels on the roof. Then build the interior with a dual bunk system with a table in between, a fold down bed extender that creates a full/queen out of the bottom bunks. That gets the kitchen setup out of the interior. I haven't seen any buildouts like I have envisioned so I will have to see if it works. Most van people are single or young couples so they don't have to plan around small children. It's an interesting project, but honestly I want to be mobile. Living in a hyper Leftist area I'd prefer options if things get weird.

TJT

Adrenaline Junkie
<Donors Crew>
Reactions
32,900 758 0 0
I am not super handy myself so I am not sure if I am willing to buy tons of tools to build a lot of stuff. Shopping around for used customs on ebay has a lot of options IMO. A bit pricey but r/vandwellers has some pretty nice cheap ideas too.

elidib

Lord Nagafen Raider
8d 20h 56m
Reactions
429 71 0 0
Get you a nice late 70's-early 80's Chevy conversion van, everything's already laid out nicely. I used to have one of these, lived out of it for a few years.

TJT

Adrenaline Junkie
<Donors Crew>
Reactions
32,900 758 0 0
Get you a nice late 70's-early 80's Chevy conversion van, everything's already laid out nicely. I used to have one of these, lived out of it for a few years.

This is what I was thinking. These older ones. Even fully rebuilt Wesfalia Vanagons from the 80's only cost like $22k. I do absolutely hate the 70's style interior but that isn't that big of a deal to change out. I like Gravel Gravel 's Ram Promaster suggestion because realistically anytime I use this I'll be lugging around at least two bicycles and all of my skydiving shit.

lurker

Lord Nagafen Raider
22d 1h 59m
Reactions
487 43 0 0

Last edited:

latheboy

Knight of the Realm
6d 17h 48m
Reactions
257 64 0 0
This is my Van called the N....r D..K or the Bang Bus
Yes i call it that, cause it's big and black and my wife loves it.
8 seater with seats all folding flat front to back, fits a queen size bed in no problem
Great for holidays and travelling, 4WD too

ND 2.jpg

zombiewizardhawk

Definitely Doesn't Do Meth
<Donors Crew>
15d 11h 30m
Reactions
6,957 894 0 0
Does the (G) stand for gang? I expected a more ghetto look for gang rape vans, maybe some bullet holes.

Synj

Information Terrorist
<Donor All-Stars>
20d 8h 57m
Reactions
21,794 685 0 0
Did someone say (g)rape?

Jin Furai

Lord Nagafen Raider
5d 1h 13m
Reactions
424 105 0 0
Dude calls his black van the n word and his family likes it and makes jokes? wow I hate this country so much. :/

Aamry

<Donors Crew>
3d 16h 22m
Reactions
340 182 0 0
Dude calls his black van the n word and his family likes it and makes jokes? wow I hate this country so much. :/

Are you blaming America for this? Because I don't think Mitsubishi Delica's were even sold in the states. Most Mitsu's were rebadged as Dodge.

skrala

Knight of the Realm
1d 19h 6m
Reactions
42 2 0 0
A thread after my own heart. Here's the inside of my Ford transit that I've turned into a roaming water sport mobile. At any one time there's an assortment of surfboards, paddleboards, kiteboarding gear, etc. along with a shit ton of sand.

IMG_1652.jpg

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
<Donors Crew>
9d 11h 29m
Reactions
4,059 326 0 0
You are a fucking faggot then. That’s post was hilarious and it sounds like his family is pretty awesome and not babies.

Jin Furai

Lord Nagafen Raider
5d 1h 13m
Reactions
424 105 0 0
Dropping N words on pieces of shit equipment to fill some void? k.