FPS noob
Awards – The Game Awards

GOTY nominees:
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • PUBG
  • Persona 5
  • Horizon Zero Dawn

While I personally think PUBG should win it'll probably be Super Mario. Nintendo with 2 on the list is pretty impressive, as is Sony holding their own with 2 exclusives.

Many, many, many more categories like Game Direction, best indie, and dozens others.

The TGA will stream live Dec 7th at 5:30 PDT / 8:30 EDT, its hosted by Doritos Pope Geoffrey Keighley (sic). For all the fun people make of him he did put this whole thing together by himself and funded the first one himself, so he's a pretty cool guy in my book. I've attended two of them live and they are fun and cool, this year repeats its place in LA, CA at the Microsoft Theater.
How To Watch – The Game Awards

spronk

FPS noob
If you live in LA you can try to get free tickets to attend
Gotham Audience RSVP :: Home

Its Dec 7th at 5:30pm but if you are selected as a seat filler (lol) you'd probably have to go a lot earlier and dress up and shit

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No Divinity?

PUBG is a fun game, but GOTY? It's a broken piece of shit right now.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
that sucks, i haven't played in a few weeks now but i really, really enjoyed it for the few months i played daily.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
PUBG isn't a 'broken piece of shit'... I played it last night. I am not sure what he is on about.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
PUBG is way too buggy to deserve GotY.

Breath of the Wild or Persona 5 for me probably, but I did really like Mario Odyssey.

On a different year I think Horizon could have won, but not this year imo.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Horizon Zero Dawn for me, with a close runner up of Zelda Breath of the Wild.

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is this dorito popes award show or is that a different one?

BOTW will clean sweep pretty much any category it's in lol

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Persona 5 and Horizon: Zero Dawn for me.

Divinity, Nioh, and Nier: Automata were also great. Damn good year for gaming.

This year Bloodborne got added to my Top 5 of All Time though as I finally got around to playing it.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Horizon I reckon should win, but won't. One of the two overrated Nintendo games will win.

Divinity though is my personal GOTY. Really fun game - that and Persona were my favorite games this year. It has indeed been a great year for gaming. I fucking loved Nioh and that was like the 5th best game this year, that's pretty amazing.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I never would have touched Persona 5 had it not been for the gang around here. I hate JRPGs in general and P5 is in a class of its own. Enjoyable all around game and I recommend it to all of you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd assume he played it on WiiU like I did.

As for GOTY, Persona 5 by a country mile.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Horizon, no contest.

Zelda was great but too many annoyances took away from it. Haven't played Mario, but looks to be a good time. D:OS 2 was really good too, but I actually enjoyed the combat less that the first. PUBG, I still don't understand how this is popular, Fortnite is a better game. The rest them i either didn't play or I'm indifferent about.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Raign

Golden Squire
Lol at Starwars Battlefront. Most likely to cause EA stock to slip 10%? Sure.. GoTY.. not so much.

All the votes for Horizon... daaaammmn... going to have to get a PS4 I guess.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
100+ hours of gamplay. Persona 5 is my GOTY. It's not often a great jRPG comes around anymore.

• 2Solidarity