Game of Thrones - Spoilers in Tags - Watch Autistics Debate for 12 months

Discussion in 'TV House' started by Araxen, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Araxen Well-Known Member DONOR

Araxen
    Ratings:
    +673
    Rating: 0.00/5 - 0 Votes
    Thread for the TV Series and spoilers are free reign here including book spoilers.

2. Fedor Well-Known Member

Fedor
    Ratings:
    +7,717
  3. Fedor Well-Known Member

Fedor
    Ratings:
    +7,717
    the true king of westeros

gqJmn.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Burnesto Well-Known Member DONOR

Burnesto
    Ratings:
    +37
    Stannis is not the true king Fedor!

5. spinnaker Member

spinnaker
    Ratings:
    +2
    I liked the troll that was HBO stressing that season 3 will debut EARLIER than last season. Only to eventually announce that it's going to be literally one day before the season 2 premier was. Well played.

I5waD.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Royal Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures DONOR

Royal
    Ratings:
    +4,072
    Technically it's 2 days earlier since last year was a leap year. Still, too long to wait ...

7. Nebuchadnezzar Active Member

Nebuchadnezzar
    Ratings:
    +34
    I like it where it's at. A really nice cap to the TV year after all the other HBO, Starz, Show, AMC, and FX awesome shows are mostly finished.

8. Springbok Well-Known Member DONOR

Springbok
    Ratings:
    +280
    Hope they pick it up this season - last season disappointed me quite a bit (after how perfect s1 was - I expected the same for s2). The closer they stay to source material the better. I'm pretty OCD though - my brother (who didn't read any of the books) quite liked season 2.

9. Beef Supreme_sl shitlord

Beef Supreme_sl
    Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, until GRRM finishes the books, it will be impossible to ascertain how well things are holding together between the books and the story. There's so much shit that needs to be covered, who knows how well/poor the show is dealing with the story other than relating it back to the individual instances themselves and theory crafting.

They seem to be running a bit rough-shod through the source material, but I am impotent with judgement because I don't have the whole story.

You think HBO is gonna have the balls to do the RW as written? Everyone I know who watches the show, but has not read the books FUCKING loves Robb "King in the North" Stark. They are so wrapped up in these characters, ALL of which either die or go through drastic changes they, the unsuspecting viewers but especially my GF, are going to shit bricks. "Oh, you think Jon Snow and Ygritte make a cute couple? Just wait sweetheart, just wait."

All that said, I can't wait for some Arstan. Ser Barristan's POV chapters in ADWD are killer.

10. Burnesto Well-Known Member DONOR

Burnesto
    Ratings:
    +37
    I actually had it spoiled to me that Robb died before I ever got to the Red Wedding. Luckily the writing was good enough that I didn't realize where it was happening right until the wedding. You knew something bad was going to happen when only the Stark camp was getting drunk and enjoying the festivities.

11. Jait_sl shitlord

Jait_sl
    Ratings:
    +2
    I pumped my fist when Robb died.

Fuck that guy. I'll probably do a jig when they kill him off on the show next year or whenever.

12. Xeldar Well-Known Member

Xeldar
    Ratings:
    +113
    There needs a forum bet somewhere of what gets finished first: GoT season 5, or book 6.

13. Beef Supreme_sl shitlord

Beef Supreme_sl
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bet GRRM lets the show catch all the way up to the books, then makes everyone wait while he finishes 6.

14. Phalanx Member

Phalanx
    Ratings:
    +0
    Book 3 is spread over two seasons, I imagine 4 would be one and 5 would be two again, maybe.

He's got 4-5 years, 6 total to write Book 6? That's about his pace.

We'll (the TV writers) be waiting for 7, depending on how big that one is -- maybe they can release both the book and the final season(s) at the same time!

15. Nebuchadnezzar Active Member

Nebuchadnezzar
    Ratings:
    +34
    I'd say they could probably go the other way and make books 4 and 5 into one season, maybe extended to 12 or 13 episodes. No way could book 5 be two seasons...it's long, but there's not a whole lot of plot in it.

16. Ao- Well-Known Member

Ao-
    Ratings:
    +141
    Wasn't the running joke that the guy who agreed to make the show did so because they thought it was the only way to get spoilers from GRRM?

Also, I thought GRRM had said that incase something happens to him, that he gave the writers for the show info on where he was planning on taking the rest of the series.

17. Dacianprick King In The North Active Member

Dacianprick King In The North
    Ratings:
    +322
    Will GRRM live to finish the series?

18. Chukzombi Well-Known Member

Chukzombi
    Ratings:
    +10,436
    question, why did they depict renly and knight of flowers as gay lovers on the tv show when it was never confirmed in the books?

19. spinnaker Member

spinnaker
    Ratings:
    +2
    It was heavily implied in the books and confirmed by GRRM in interviews.

20. Chukzombi Well-Known Member

Chukzombi
    Ratings:
    +10,436
    didnt renly talk about having children with his wife and didnt cersei suspect knight of flowers was fucking his sister? or was that just for renly to throw people off and because cersei is a stupid brotherfucking bitch?

TV Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database