GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
My body is ready.

b39cca6126dec05233c228a13dd0ac06.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was a good review. I learned a lot (I think). He definitely took in a lot more from the trailer than I did.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I think he's mixing in some info from the set pics that came out a while back to extrapolate some of that because some of that stuff he points out isn't recognizable to me, even as stills, from the trailer alone.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I feel like re-watching the entire series again. I doubt it'll finish it before the new season starts, but I'm going to watch it anyway. I have it all on blu-ray which will help.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I watched the first and second episodes last night. They were good, but also enraging. I forgot just how much of a cunt little Joffrey was. Crying when Tyrion slapped him. Trying to act tough in front of Sansa when Arya & the butchers kid were play sword fighting, only to get wrecked, thus causing the deaths of both Lady & the butcher's kid. He was such a little shit. Oh man was that a well acted character.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Joffrey was one of the best pieces of casting in the history of television that really doesn't get mentioned as much as it should. And an unknown actor at that.

When people talk about the creative genius behind the show you always hear about the show runners Weiss and Benihoff, one or two of the individual directors, and GRRM himself but rarely Nina Gold, who did the casting for Rome as well.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I forgot how well Jon and Tyrion got along in season 1. That's going to make the reunion this season that much better. Jon liked him because he was the only person that told him the truth about the Night's Watch before he left Winterfel for the wall. And Tyrion liked him back for their similar life situations. Dwarf being a bastard in the eyes of their father.

And I just finished episode 4. Jon has taken Sam fully under his wing. Tyrion is riding back to King's Landing, and visited Winterfel to tell Bran about Jon. Then encountered Lady Stark at the inn a little outside of town. She rallied the people in the inn against Tyrion to capture him when the episode ended. Good memories.

EDIT: Ok, I also have a theory that I haven't really ever seen discussed before. I think Gandry is the actual son of both Cersei & Robert. Being that he's their only child, he really would have been the official heir to the throne. It's a 2 part reason, and it has everything to do with the first 4 episodes of the show.

In episode 2, Cersei goes to Catelyn Stark after Bran "falls" and tells her a story about her first child who was born with black hair, but he died shortly after birth. She also said that she never once visited his tomb.

In episode 4 when we meet Gandry for the first time (and Eddard speaks with him, learning that he's the "bastard" of Robert), Gandry tells a story about how he never met his father, but his mother had yellow hair and she died shortly after he was born.

What if it wasn't Robert that hid him (or even knew that he was alive), but actually Cersei that faked his death. Just so that Jamie would never know of his existence. This way they could live out their inbred love affair lives and she would never have to worry about her son getting killed by Jamie in a fit of jealous rage.

We all know how much of a cunt Cersei is, but she is a very protective mother. So this really has me thinking that Gandry is the official son of both Robert & Cersei. And the true heir to the Throne.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I always took it to mean the black hair was dominant, thus proving the three children weren't Robert's. After that child's death, it drove Robert and Cersei apart and into Jamie's arms. Plus the point being it didn't matter who Gendry's mother was, he still had a greater claim than Cersei's children.

Royal

Yeah I couldn't see Cersei willingly parting with any child of hers, regardless of who the father was.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Interesting theory. It's reasonable to me to assume Cersei wasn't always as polished a cold hard bitch so not killing the child is in the realm of possibilities.

I would have a problem if that is the direction the show goes though as Gendry has been non existent for a couple of years. He would basically be a deus ex machina at this point.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
If GRRM really subscribes to Chekov's theories than it's no wonder he's having problems finishing the series. There's literally thousands of "guns" sitting out there needing a final purpose.

edit add: I think Gendry's purpose is truly finished. He served the dual purpose of showing that true heirs had dark hair and Melisandre's desire for kings blood. Having him be Arya's travel companion was just a way to get him from purpose A to purpose B.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
forgot we merged nonbook reader and book reader threads, but sorry to burst your bubble but
nope. just one of the 17 bastards of Bobby B. He's not even a notable bastard in the books, just happens to be traveling with Arya, ends up joining the bwob and that's the end of his arc. In the show of course he's actually an amalgamation of several of Robert's bastards so he had more to do. Roberts first bastard child is named Myra Stone and he sired her when he was still a teenager when he and Ned were fostered at the Eyrie. He's always been a womanizer and was never faithful to Cersei at any point. Also in the books Cersei never has a child of robert's who dies. Cersei and Jaime have been twincesting it up since they were fucking pre-teens IIRC, it started really early on, she was always on his dick.

Basically show starts off with the characters a bit more sympathetic than they are in the books. They then build up to being the cunts they actually are. this is what leads to people like chuk who never read the books but claims to have to say stupid shit like "Cersei isn't a villain"

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You think something like this happened?

Cersei: Baby ded
Robert: Oh that sucks let me see the body
Cersei: Nah
Robert: Oh ok. Well lets get a coffin for the child for the crypts and have a period of morning.
Cersei: Nah I took it down there already its taken care of
Robert: k

• 3Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, they said that Robert would go out on a hunt any time she was in labor, so it's probably he wasn't around the castle when she gave birth. He didn't care for that type of thing. Instead, he just wants to see the rewards of if he had a son or not. So "Baby ded, it's been taken care of already" would be followed by "Cool. Got wine?"

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Robert wasn't always a drunk. I don't think he took the child's death as hard as Cersei but the Robert we know is what like 10 years removed from the event?