GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Another thing that bothered me after watching the episode again:

Another epic suspension of disbelief when the Night King throws the spear at Viserion instead of Drogon who is much closer and on the ground which would be a way easier shot, not to mention it's the ride for all of the living. Just watching that scene you see how close he is to Drogon and how far away from Viserion. Just more laziness because they could have simply had some obstacle in the direct path or something else to make his decision a bit more logical (maybe have Viserion bearing down on them). Ugh.

Also, thinking about it more, I think Arya probably is setting things up for LF to be killed. The shot of her handing the dagger to Sansa felt important given how much screen time that dagger has gotten this season. Maybe not.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Jesus Chuk cant be bothered to watch the show. Hes watching leaked episodes and still has no idea what is going on because of gay fag candy crush. My wife better understands the show.

Chuk - HOLY SHIT GUYS DID YOU KNOW SAMS DAD WAS THAT DUDE AND HES LIKE A LORDS SON?>?>?
fuck you bitches, i cant think of the name and i'm sometimes working so i cant look stuff up so i dont want to say the wrong name. i was going to say Heartsbane, but i didnt want you cockgobblers bitching me out cuz i said a stupid thing. so i play it safe and say sam's dad's sword and i still get chewed on. WTF!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U

Another epic suspension of disbelief when the Night King throws the spear at Viserion instead of Drogon who is much closer and on the ground which would be a way easier shot, not to mention it's the ride for all of the living. Just watching that scene you see how close he is to Drogon and how far away from Viserion. Just more laziness because they could have simply had some obstacle in the direct path or something else to make his decision a bit more logical (maybe have Viserion bearing down on them). Ugh.

Also, thinking about it more, I think Arya probably is setting things up for LF to be killed. The shot of her handing the dagger to Sansa felt important given how much screen time that dagger has gotten this season. Maybe not.
What annoyed me most when people mention that is the realization that anytime in the 24-48 hours they stared at them before the dragons came the Night King could have simply spear chucked all of them in 10 minutes but instead stared on for days? I get it, he is a patient man but come on. The visuals and shit is awesome but the writers are phoning in the work making it reasonable at this point.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

What annoyed me most when people mention that is the realization that anytime in the 24-48 hours they stared at them before the dragons came the Night King could have simply spear chucked all of them in 10 minutes but instead stared on for days? I get it, he is a patient man but come on. The visuals and shit is awesome but the writers are phoning in the work making it reasonable at this point.

I already explained that he knows he has to wait for the dragons to show up which is why he didn't kill them sooner. And he knew that if he threw the spear at Drogon Jon would be able to block it because that's what happened in the original timeline before Bran became the Night King.

Sterling

El Presidente
Jesus Chuk cant be bothered to watch the show. Hes watching leaked episodes and still has no idea what is going on because of gay fag candy crush. My wife better understands the show.

Chuk - HOLY SHIT GUYS DID YOU KNOW SAMS DAD WAS THAT DUDE AND HES LIKE A LORDS SON?>?>?
You're just now realizing this?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I already explained that he knows he has to wait for the dragons to show up which is why he didn't kill them sooner. And he knew that if he threw the spear at Drogon Jon would be able to block it because that's what happened in the original timeline before Bran became the Night King.
except bran is not the NK, they already showed NK's origin, he's just some rando theCotF fucked with to kill off the other First Men.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

NK was only 1 out of 2 spear chucking at big ass dragons. Not convinced he'd be able to just spear chuck and hit tiny guys in middle of lake. Sure he'd probably hit one or two maybe, but how many of those ice spears do they have? Also like Gavin said...maybe the point all along was to drag dragons in

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
DHYH117U0AApLR8.jpg

• 4Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
NK was only 1 out of 2 spear chucking at big ass dragons. Not convinced he'd be able to just spear chuck and hit tiny guys in middle of lake. Sure he'd probably hit one or two maybe, but how many of those ice spears do they have? Also like Gavin said...maybe the point all along was to drag dragons in
they were waiting for the ice to thicken, when Hound slid a rock over to the icebone skellie it made them start advancing.

Merrith

they were waiting for the ice to thicken, when Hound slid a rock over to the icebone skellie it made them start advancing.

Yeah bro I know that, Olebass was talking about NK hitting dragon with a spear instead of however long all the undead and WW's sat staring at guys in middle of the lake he could have just chucked some ice spears at the guys and ended the stare down in a few minutes. I was pointing out he only went 1 out of 2 against a huge target like a dragon, trying to pick out much smaller targets in Jon and company with a possible limited supply of magic ice spears might not have been a slam dunk

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
Yeah bro I know that, Olebass was talking about NK hitting dragon with a spear instead of however long all the undead and WW's sat staring at guys in middle of the lake he could have just chucked some ice spears at the guys and ended the stare down in a few minutes. I was pointing out he only went 1 out of 2 against a huge target like a dragon, trying to pick out much smaller targets in Jon and company with a possible limited supply of magic ice spears might not have been a slam dunk
Problem with that is they had thousands of other things to chuck. Hell if he can launch ice spears at breakneck speed that far to fatally wound a dragon he could have easily just slung skeleton bitches at them. Not to mention all the weaponry they had laying around, swords, spears, daggers and god knows what else.
The dude sent thousands to their death at HardHome off a cliff to just make a point. He should have been corpse chucking or throwing some rocks of his own..
Not buying the time traveling Bran theory either. If that turns out to be true I hope fans turn HBO into Bolton banners.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Problem with that is they had thousands of other things to chuck. Hell if he can launch ice spears at breakneck speed that far to fatally wound a dragon he could have easily just slung skeleton bitches at them. Not to mention all the weaponry they had laying around, swords, spears, daggers and god knows what else.
The dude sent thousands to their death at HardHome off a cliff to just make a point. He should have been corpse chucking or throwing some rocks of his own..
Not buying the time traveling Bran theory either. If that turns out to be true I hope fans turn HBO into Bolton banners.

Complaining that he didn't just start chucking random shit at them has to be one of the dumbest and most autistic complaints ive seen in this cesspool of a thread

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Complaining that he didn't just start chucking random shit at them has to be one of the dumbest and most autistic complaints ive seen in this cesspool of a thread
Fuck you wight lover. He had no problem hurling shit at dragons or his bros off cliffs. He has at least 10 more laps to make around the frozen lands waiting for the plot, do you think he would just sit there on his cold dead horse for days?Lazy writing is all it was.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
In all fairness, the NK has been waiting 8000 years or whatever, so a couple days to him is nothing at all.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Fuck you wight lover. He had no problem hurling shit at dragons or his bros off cliffs. He has at least 10 more laps to make around the frozen lands waiting for the plot, do you think he would just sit there on his cold dead horse for days?Lazy writing is all it was.

Any scene with the Night King where he's not chucking shit at everything that moves like Buddy from Elf is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. If he doesn't start launching wights and White Walkers over the wall next episode then HBO's can kiss my metric data goodbye!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Any scene with the Night King where he's not chucking shit at everything that moves like Buddy from Elf is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. If he doesn't start launching wights and White Walkers over the wall next episode then HBO's can kiss my metric data goodbye!
I'm sorry for being a wightist. I was angry. Still it doesn't make much sense either way. He has more range than a North Korean ICBM, and has shown ability to sacrifice as many as he wants for purpose in the past. If he can see the future and knew to wait for dragons then they are fucked and we get the ending we deserve. NK on the throne. If not, he was either waiting for them to just freeze to death like a cold son of a bitch or plot armors/lazy writing. Take your pick. It just didn't fit from what we saw of him prior or his ability to take charge and turn situations around once the dragons showed up and started kicking his army's ass. He could have ended them at any point they were on that rock a number of ways.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, where is Theon? There was a big setup of hostility between him and Jon last episode, and we didn't get one line of dialog about it. Would Jon leave him there with Dany? Does he want to rescue his sister?

Oldbased

> Than U
Also, where is Theon? There was a big setup of hostility between him and Jon last episode, and we didn't get one line of dialog about it. Would Jon leave him there with Dany? Does he want to rescue his sister?
That's a pretty valid gripe. No one can answer because it has been 1-2 months and 2.5 episodes since his pressing matter was not addressed. Some fat fingered fuck will defend it though. It's not the shit we are seeing that sucks, it is all the shit we are not seeing after seeing it for 6 years that does. It reminds me of cheers when they added in the pool room and started doing more restaurant scenes upstairs. Why after 47 years, change something that was working and loved just so we didn't have to listen to Cliff as much. Sad.

Merrith

Hell, what about Grey Worm and the Unsullied along with Euron? Been missing in action for a couple episodes now.

• 1Like