Game recommendations

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Looking for some new games to play and I dont follow the industry much so I'm out of the loop.

Been enjoying the Arkham games and Shadow of Mordor - so I'm basically looking for action/adventure PC games with a decent storyline that can preferably be played with a a USB game controller

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Assassins Creed ___________

Witcher 3?

I've never played AC but obviously heard a million things about it. Which is the best one?

My graphics card cant support Witcher 3. I got a 1 gig Nvidia G620

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I enjoyed Mad Max quite a bit, it's certainly in line with the games you have recently played.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row 3/4 are both fun games you can just mess around in for hours.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Sleeping Dogs and the Saints Row 3/4 games are both two excellent Non-GTA open world exploration games. If you have a steam controller and play on PC, Saints row 4 is a transcendent steam controller game, and breaks heavily from being a GTA clone. They aren't everyone's flavor, but I love Devil May Cry games. If you can get over the silly storylines and just can't get enough of the combat systems, DMC 4 remaster, and the new DMC reboot hold up. Action games are my soft spot, I wish there was more Ninja Gaiden level action games.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Dishonored 1 ?
Original game + all dlc is cheap now.

That said, I'd wait a week or so. Steam holiday sale will probably start at the end of November / start of December. Can get all older games recommended here for 75-80% off.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am a big fan of action platform games. So Owlboy and Freedom Planet are really good right now. I do recommend.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Looking for some new games to play and I dont follow the industry much so I'm out of the loop.

Been enjoying the Arkham games and Shadow of Mordor - so I'm basically looking for action/adventure PC games with a decent storyline that can preferably be played with a a USB game controller

Tomb Raider(s)

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
nice nice, definitely huge fan of mad max. i assume we are talking about Fury Road game?

also getting dishonored

spronk

FPS noob
mad max is ok, its good for about 10-15 hours and then gets a bit too grindy. if you can get it for $5-10 its worth a spin

sleeping dogs i'd put at the top of the list, its amazing and should run on just about anything. saints row 3 & 4 are also good and old enough to run on that kind of card. gta 5, witcher 3 will not run well but worth it if you ever upgrade.

you could try divinity original sin or pillars of eternity as well for some old school RPG fun

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Your interests line up pretty closely with mine. Might be worth checking out the Tomb Raider remakes. They are on my list but haven't gotten around to them yet. That and GTA 5.

Can also second the recommendations for Mad Max and Witcher 3. I loved Mad Max but it definitely turns into a grind. Everything about Witcher 3 is amazing, worth building a new rig for in my opinion and those sorts of games only come around once every 4-5 years or so (the last one for me was Skyrim).

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I am a big fan of action platform games. So Owlboy and Freedom Planet are really good right now. I do recommend.

Did about 3 hours of Owlboy this weekend. Was pretty good and the wife liked it so that is bonus when she'll sit and engage in a video game. Will have to check out freedom planet next.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
played dishonored through the end of the whorehouse level and just didnt see much appeal. controls are ghey and the whole whalepunk theme is about as appealing as that Jane Austen MMO. the plot sucks

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
oh and the entire hipster look was ridiculous too, every character looked like this guy

f438e507b56ebb8508909ab31268ecbf.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

The only other game not mentioned yet but kind of like the one's you're playing? Metal Gear Phantom Pain. Also, people mentioned Assassins Creed? Black Flag is the best. Bioshock infinite is more of a shooter but excellent story and great game, too.

Not action adventure, its an RPG, but its pretty enthralling for visuals, challenging and it's actually far better with a controller--Dark Souls. 1/2 should run well on your video card and they are potentially some of the best games in the last 5 years. They avoid most of the JRPG bullshit and straddles Western RPG's and Japanese fighting games, enjoyable game though on a lot of levels. Another cool controller RPG that's got a decent world exploration/adventure feel is Dragon's Dogma. You said your card can't handle Witcher 3--but if you upgrade, get it, just an amazing game. Outdid Bethesda and Bioware at both their games. If you do want some oldschool RPG? I'll second Pillars and Divinity, fucking excellent top down RPGs but not really conducive to couch play.

Xcom Enemy Unknown (First recent release) has controller support and is fun as fuck if you like that mix of tactical and grand strategy. Just an amazing game. If you like City Builders (Need a mouse/KB though), then City Skylines is one of the best to ever come out.