#Gamergate and all things SJW

sadris

<Donors Crew>
53d 14h 31m
Is there more to that picture? Are they talking about progressive politics?
The meaning will perhaps be explained by the progressive burger company’s new spokesman, Robert Gibbs, formerly Barack Obama’s spokesman and MSNBC contributor. McDonald’s British-born chief executive, Steve Easterbrook, clarifies things, sort of, while speaking a strange business dialect: McDonald’s will be “more progressive around our social purpose in order to deepen our relationships with communities on the issues that matter to them.”

McDonald’s, the ‘progressive burger company’

• 2Like
Reactions: Titan_Atlas and Soygen

Vorph

Vyemm Raider
They aren't even good at that. There's only 8 fast food chains around me and McD's would be #9 on my list, just below "skip a meal".

Unrelated: Publishers are hiring 'sensitivity readers' to flag potentially offen…

Sounds like a protection racket to me. "That's a real nice book you got there. Be a real shame if something happened to it... maybe you ought to hire some of our sensitivity readers to be safe?" I bet they do video games too.

Titan_Atlas

General Atlas
<Moderation Tools>
19d 15h 25m
Is there more to that picture? Are they talking about progressive politics?
At this point, do you really need to ask that question? The words Modern and Progressive aren't good enough markers of their virtue signalling?

Reactions: Del

Arbitrary

<Donors Crew>
78d 22h 28m
I miss one dollar double cheeseburgers.

Ad campaign in general seems dumb. The slightly more upscale places like Panera, Chipotle and Noodles & Company have been doing prog branding for years. It's whatever. McDonald's, I would think, would want to be as politically neutral as possible.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Donors Crew>
23d 19h 14m
Does Noodles and Company make food?

Never been in one. Thought they just cooked noodles for you to take home. Thought it was a weird business plan.

Arbitrary

<Donors Crew>
78d 22h 28m
Does Noodles and Company make food?

Never been in one. Thought they just cooked noodles for you to take home. Thought it was a weird business plan.
They have food, yeah. You can get a bowl of noodles with um, things in it, and add extra for meat or tofu. Some also serve soup and sandwiches. I got a cheese steak style sandwich from one, wasn't great. I got a bowl of noodles with tofu at another one (the opposite meal I figured) and it also wasn't great.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Donors Crew>
23d 19h 14m
Noodles + tofu. When you want to eat healthy, but have no fucking idea what that means.

(not you, Arbitrary, the company)

I mean really. How fucking stupid to mix what amounts to pure sugar with vegan soy based options.

Arbitrary

<Donors Crew>
78d 22h 28m
I was going to get their macaroni and cheese but felt dumb the more I thought about it.

2zntvev.png

For the added work of boiling water I could just make it at home and it wouldn't cost six bucks. It also wasn't really a meal and I'm not adding more shit for another 2.59+ to make it one.

Nine dollars after taxes is enough to get a big Shamrock Shake and a couple McDoubles and fries and have some money left over.

• Smuggly
Reactions: Del and hodj

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Donors Crew>
23d 19h 14m
Half a day's worth of kcal without the "meat" option added?

Yeah no thanks.

My LDL cholesterol was 171 over 99 a month ago when I had bloodwork done. I'm done eating shitty.