Games You Bought in 2012

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
D3/MoP(didn't play it though more than a week) and all the Humble Indie Bundles.

edit: I caved, add Minecraft to the list.

twincannon_sl

shitlord
SWTOR/D3/GW2, the trifecta of fail

Borderlands 2 sadly, friends tried to convince me that it was better than the first

a bunch of indie games, Hotline Miami and Chivalry stand out as being exceptionally good amongst those. Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb and Don't Starve as well. FTL.

dunno if board games count but board games fucking rule so here you go: Race for the Galaxy, Lords of Waterdeep, Dominion: Dark Ages

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Portal 2
Skyrim
Diablo 3
Everquest (Does this count? I paid for 7 boxes of subs or so but did not buy VoA)
Path of Exile
XCom

nurdi_sl

shitlord
Witcher 2. It was awesome. The cinematics are astonishing, especially the opening sequence. Best game I bought all year.

Black Ops 2- Sold back 1 week later
Mass Effect 3- Hated single player, kept for multiplayer w/ friends. Kinda meh overall.
Batman: Arkham City
Magic 2013

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
SWTOR/D3/GW2, the trifecta of fail

Borderlands 2 sadly, friends tried to convince me that it was better than the first

a bunch of indie games, Hotline Miami and Chivalry stand out as being exceptionally good amongst those. Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb and Don't Starve as well. FTL.

dunno if board games count but board games fucking rule so here you go: Race for the Galaxy, Lords of Waterdeep, Dominion: Dark Ages
How is Dominion? I saw it last night but didn't pick it up.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just bought my GF Plants vs Zombies, because it keeps her seriously busy while I play real games.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Borderlands 2 - free with new video card. Had fun with this but overall I felt it was wanting in some important areas, in particular I think they may have shot themselves in the foot with the overly complicated stat systems and limited inventory and ammo space. Spending as much time trying to work if some random crap is an upgrade takes way too much time out of shooting stuff in the face. I also felt the skill systems were lackluster, too many weak passives with no significant effect on gameplay. Also, part of it is me sucking, but I felt the difficulty has a little too high to be fun if you started getting bad luck in drops.

Diablo 3 - paid more for this than every other game this year combined. Not worth it. Probably not worth it even if it was free.

Defender's Quest - interesting mix of tower defense and jrpg style, where towers are characters that you recruit and gear/level up.

Endless Space - a fair attempt at capturing some of the fun of MOO2/SE4, let down by a pretty terrible combat system

FTL - brutally unfair and wildly random, this one was entertaining in the way most roguelikes are, with the bonus of the fairly unique star trek'esque setting

Guild Wars 2 - Solo PVE was entertaining, group PVE sucked huge donkey balls, not interested in team pvp. Overall worth the money for what I got out of it, I was hoping for more though.

King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - more king's bounty. Nothing innovative here, if you liked the previous ones, you'd like this one, if you were bored with previous ones, avoid.

Legend of Grimrock - nice flashback to eye of the beholder

Magic 2013 - never played any of the previous ones, this one provided a lot of entertainment unlocking everything, but after that it seems to be pretty much multiplayer or go home

Mark of the Ninja - not played yet

Orcs Must Die 2 - Worthy sequel to OMD, with the word of warning that *everything* is built for co-op and it can be frustrating single player. ( You have two or more simultanenous waves of orcs from different directions with inadequate trap support from map 2 and almost every map after, expect a lot of running back and forth and killing stuff by hand if solo )

Torchlight II - a lot better than Diablo 3, but didn't hold my interest for all that long regardless, I think I am just tired to the format ( PoE did nothing for me )

Tropico 4 - not played yet

Witcher 2 - not played yet

X-Com: EU - great fun, a little less depth than I would have liked, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Ironically the game I had the most fun with this year I bought during a steam sale last year - that was Saints Row 3.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like FTL but the RNG just rapes you and it doesn't matter if you are in the first system either. It'll make you take it up the ass whenever it feels like it.

Nxs_sl

shitlord
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Assassin's Creed 3
Civilization V: Gods & Kings
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Crusader Kings II
Diablo 3
Endless Space
FTL: Faster Than Light
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Max Payne 3
Ninja Gaiden 3
Soul Calibur V
StreetFigher x Tekken
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Torchlight 2
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I've bought more though (steam sales), but those weren't 2012 releases.