Gaming and general purpose monitors

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Looking for help FOHBROSKI's. I need (want) a new monitor. I've narrowed it down to a few. I am using an EVGA 1080ti and a i7 7700K with 32gigs...so I want to get away from 4K for now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Are you sure you know what you're getting into with a super ultrawide when it comes to gaming? That aspect ratio is a drastic difference

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Alright boys, what's a good 1440p monitor that's good for gaming and productivity/office/software development? Looking to spend 400-500 bucks.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Alright boys, what's a good 1440p monitor that's good for gaming and productivity/office/software development? Looking to spend 400-500 bucks.

There are some cheaper, but I've had several good experiences with ASUS monitors. (Preview says $600 but it's listed at $429.)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
LG 27GL83A-B 27 Inch Ultragear QHD IPS 1ms NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Gaming Monitor, Black

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
What's up with Amazon links, annoying. Wouldn't be as bad if they actually linked to the item when you clicked it instead of the home page.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
out of stock on amazon now but I grabbed this one last month and really like it - sold out on amazon though

1591111681372.png

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Surprised this is only one page? Thought somewhere you had pages and pages of mist and others arguing over 4k+ rez vs response time and various new monitors that are just over the horizon yet havn't made an appearance?

I've said a few times I'm a luddite. I'm on a ancient Hanns G w/ dead pixel or 3 and a 2007WFP Dell monitor that just died after nearly 20 years. Will work on my own research for replacements for me but my question for you all is actually my wife.

Wife has a college/work from home computer. Doesn't use it really for any games/media. Wants to get dual matching monitors. Any suggestions on a good value monitor that hopefully should last? Saw options for like $60 on walmart etc and I feel like those are just like home printers and going to die in 1-3 years.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
desktop thread is also the monitor thread, or was if people start using this one.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Surprised this is only one page? Thought somewhere you had pages and pages of mist and others arguing over 4k+ rez vs response time and various new monitors that are just over the horizon yet havn't made an appearance?

I've said a few times I'm a luddite. I'm on a ancient Hanns G w/ dead pixel or 3 and a 2007WFP Dell monitor that just died after nearly 20 years. Will work on my own research for replacements for me but my question for you all is actually my wife.

Wife has a college/work from home computer. Doesn't use it really for any games/media. Wants to get dual matching monitors. Any suggestions on a good value monitor that hopefully should last? Saw options for like $60 on walmart etc and I feel like those are just like home printers and going to die in 1-3 years.
Not being a shill, but Dell makes really nice monitors that won't break the bank too badly. Just get 60hz 1080p 24 inch monitors that are bezel-less. I don't know model numbers off the top of my head.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Came in this morning. Set it up already.

What the fuck this monitor is insane for the price ($379.99, it keeps going in and out of stock, don't pay more from secondary sellers.)

The only drawback is the stand sucks and you need arms (which should get here tomorrow...)

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Came in this morning. Set it up already.

What the fuck this monitor is insane for the price.

The only drawback is the stand sucks and you need arms (which should get here tomorrow...)
Yah it's the best monitor I've ever used. I had monitor arms already so not sure about the stand

My problem now is my secondary monitor is so shitty next to it... Night have to buy another.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Got an Alienware aw3420dw in April.

Join the Ultra wide master race, it is worth it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yah it's the best monitor I've ever used. I had monitor arms already so not sure about the stand

My problem now is my secondary monitor is so shitty next to it... Night have to buy another.
So what about...