Gaming PC: Premade/Click to Buy Recommendations

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sorry for making a new thread. I swear there was a thread for this already buy I cannot find it for the life of me.

Anyway, I am looking for a recommendation or experience if anyone has ordered a gaming PC before from one of those sites that build them for you. I used Alienware in the past and it seems a brand of Dell now. Are they still worth it or is there a better company now?

• Again if there is a thread just point me to it and close this, sorry to make a new one.
  • I am not interested in absolute top of the line everything as I do not really game at that level, current PC is just old so an upgrade is due. Also wouldn't mind something that can speed up editing/viewing my GoPro footage which is flat out painful at this point.
  • I built my PC back in the day, I have the skillset to build one or modify something if absolutely necessary, but honestly I am not really interested in doing that these days. I'd prefer if something shows up, I plug it in, and get going. But if there is something close to that where I can just swap in a better drive/graphics card or whatever I am not afraid of that.
  • Don't bother trying to show me the different benchmarks for graphics cards, way more detail than I need :) I am not looking to play the absolute latest release at 150 FPS or whatever. A look at my Steam list would prove that.

Long story short is that my current PC is dated, I'd like to be able to play some newer stuff without dropping the resolution to 800x600, but I'm not picky and I'd rather spend a few extra hundred for it to show up in a box that I plugin instead of ordering 50 different parts and doing it myself.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Sorry for making a new thread. I swear there was a thread for this already buy I cannot find it for the life of me.

Anyway, I am looking for a recommendation or experience if anyone has ordered a gaming PC before from one of those sites that build them for you. I used Alienware in the past and it seems a brand of Dell now. Are they still worth it or is there a better company now?

• Again if there is a thread just point me to it and close this, sorry to make a new one.
  • I am not interested in absolute top of the line everything as I do not really game at that level, current PC is just old so an upgrade is due. Also wouldn't mind something that can speed up editing/viewing my GoPro footage which is flat out painful at this point.
  • I built my PC back in the day, I have the skillset to build one or modify something if absolutely necessary, but honestly I am not really interested in doing that these days. I'd prefer if something shows up, I plug it in, and get going. But if there is something close to that where I can just swap in a better drive/graphics card or whatever I am not afraid of that.
  • Don't bother trying to show me the different benchmarks for graphics cards, way more detail than I need :) I am not looking to play the absolute latest release at 150 FPS or whatever. A look at my Steam list would prove that.

Long story short is that my current PC is dated, I'd like to be able to play some newer stuff without dropping the resolution to 800x600, but I'm not picky and I'd rather spend a few extra hundred for it to show up in a box that I plugin instead of ordering 50 different parts and doing it myself.

Usual place for it is in:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Perfect, thanks :) I will try to weed through that for what I'm looking for.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

If you live near a Microcenter, check out their powerspec line. Uses name brand components for a good price, but they're pick up/in store only.

spronk

FPS noob
prebuilts are fine, I bought one for my brother in law about 2 years ago because i didnt' want to fuck around with putting shit together. I honestly hate that part, the dread of "what if I put the CPU in the wrong way" or "everything is in... will the motherboard fucking start or not" is awful.

The downside is that you generally get cheap ass parts that don't overclock (but does it matter at all to you?) and the lifespan is probably shorter than premium parts and obviously 2 years down the road you aren't gonna be swapping stuff around to extend the life of your PC. iBuyPower, CyberPower, HP Omens, Alienware, etc all make prebuilt PCs you can buy direct or from amazon or best buy or walmart, sometimes you get clearances that make it SUPER tempting like there was a walmart 2070 PC for like $600 a few weeks ago that was a crazy good deal.

I'd suggest at minimum you want a 1TB SSD, a 2060 or higher, 32GB of memory. Its nice to have a high TB drive for slower storage unless you have a NAS for movies/etc.

If you setup an alert on slickdeals.net for desktop gaming PC or something like that you can probably get a good deal alert every day until the GPU/CPU combo you want is found. Something like this for example is a $1400 PC from amazon with a 2070, perfectly good for almost everything right now although the 3xxx series of nvidia cards is gonna be at least double the perf for lesser price in 4-6 (?) months
www.amazon.com/dp/B07VFFCQ6L/

Another option although probably not in these covid times is buying all the best parts yourself and paying some local PC shop like $50-100 to assemble and test it and install Windows 10 Pro. I'll probably do that for the next PC I build with nvidia 3xxx for Cyberpunk. Just make sure they are reliable and not gonna rip your parts off and swap them with cheap junk.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Druss

Trakanon Raider

hit post too quick see below.

Druss

Trakanon Raider

Try these guys, will build any where from under 2k to 20k, bought two and never had an issue. first lasted 7 yrs till just too old, on this one 3yrs old. you pay a little more for it to be built and burn tested, they overclock and liquid cooling if thats what you like. And you get top end parts pick your stuff and they put it together.