Gavinrad's Mass Effect 3+ Thread

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Supposedly there is an 'expansion pack' type DLC for single player in the works -- a couple voice actors verified via twitter. Though I've read that the voice actors for male/female Shepard haven't gotten involved.

Euro Gamer Article

This next chunk of DLC will feature eight writers, Seth Green, Kaiden voice-actor Raphael Sbarge, and presumably everyone else, suggesting a grand finale before the inevitable Mass Effect 4.
Also in the last multi-player patch there were hints about a new DLC 'Reckoning,' that will have co-op multiplayer that uses your save progress and paragon/renegade values.

"The day of reckoning is nigh! The Reckoning Multiplayer Expansion brings six new never before seen co-op story missions to the game and new co-op gameplay modes. It provides four new maps to conquer and hazard variations of the Earth maps. It also enables reinforcement packs that offer new kits for the salarians, krogans, humans and volus. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons (Chakram Launcher, Blood Pack Punisher and Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle)."
PC Gamer Article

Also, the voice actor for Zaeed died a few days ago.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
God fuck this game and fuck you for making this thread. Anyone who supports this piece of shit needs to be banned from gaming.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Mass Effect 3 was disappointing but it doesn't deserve half the amount of hate so much of this board harbors for it.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Another DLC? I can understand that and would imagine it to be the last breath of air in the game's unwinding.

Mass Effect 4 though? I thought we were done here. Does ME4 have a green light?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Another DLC? I can understand that and would imagine it to be the last breath of air in the game's unwinding.

It's EA dude. Mass Effect 14 already has a green light.

Jazser_sl

shitlord
I've never understood all the hate against ME3. Still surprised everyone thought at the end there would be some massively different ending based on all your choices throughout the series - I was fairly sure the ending was going to be predictable like most movies in Hollywood. I was ok with the ending mainly because I enjoyed the hell out of all three games. Not trolling - seriously wasn't a big deal for me because I liked the game mechanics, had plenty to do through 3 games, and felt the ending cinematics etc made sense. Sure a little bit of a cop out, but I wasn't so irate about it that I wanted to burn down EA like 9/10 of the gaming community.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's not that the ending wasn't supposed to be predictable. I'm pretty sure everybody with half of a brain knew that it would be. You were delusional if you thought that your choices would bethatimpactful. The issue was with the fact that the endings madeexactly0 sense, especially considering everything we had been told prior, in the previous 2 games. Then when you couple that with the fact that you didn't get to see even a smidgen of the "outcome" of your choices after the war, it just made for a completely horrible, unfinished ending.

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
Funny to see everyone and their mother hopping onto the coop bandwagon now when tons of gamers have been screaming their lungs out to have it in more games ever since Duke 3D.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
I played a shit ton of ME1 and ME2 with 2 being my clear favorite. But ME3 I didn't enjoy near as much. Basically, if you're still defending ME3 or Bioware after what they did with having every squaddie from ME2 being shitty side characters, that shit ending, or that shit they pulled with Nyreen from the Omega DLC you're an asshole.

iDYLWKD.jpg

KoGDMGY.jpg

ME4 will be dogshit.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Shepard is done after 3 - ME as a series is not.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some of you guys are fucking crybabies.

I think ME1 was the best of the series, but to say ME3 was just an abomination or something is dumb.

ME4 should be a good game as the Mass Effect universe is actually a very interesting setting for almost any type of game. So I think they will have no problem selling it as long as the quality is comparable to ME1 in both story and scope. They wont be able to just rely on "THE CREATORS OF MASS EFFECT" as the game will have a new name. If it is on par or worse than 3 then I think people have the right to bitch.

But unsatisfying ending or not, the Mass Effect trilogy was a HUGE success.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it is on par with 3 without the shitty ending it will be a good to great game.

It will be nice to have a new main character and crew. The only one I wish could be in the next iteration is Wrex.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Any game with a deep, engaging story with A+ voice actors and great inter-character dialogue is a rare and wonderful treasure.

God forbid they fuck it up with a star child from left field and a red/blue/green light ending.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
ME3 was like a great dessert to finish an incredible meal.

With shit sprinkles on top and diarrhea to wash it down.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They fucked up more than just the ending with ME3. To rehash discussions that have been had a million times before, Kai Leng, Vega, and the sudden drastic way they changed directions on the Geth were all just as bad as the ending. The ending just gets all the blame because all three games were building up to this ending and the garbage they went with kinda let all the air out of the entire series.

The game-play was indeed pretty damn intense at points, but about 50% of the story in ME3 was just garbage.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The ending to ME3 was bad. Bioware's reaction to the criticism was the salt in the wound.

Sean_sl

shitlord
They fucked up more than just the ending with ME3. To rehash discussions that have been had a million times before, Kai Leng, Vega, and the sudden drastic way they changed directions on the Geth were all just as bad as the ending. The ending just gets all the blame because all three games were building up to this ending and the garbage they went with kinda let all the air out of the entire series.

The game-play was indeed pretty damn intense at points, but about 50% of the story in ME3 was just garbage.
The amount of bad shit in ME3 that gets totally glossed over by people is pretty sad. There's a ton of fucking garbage in that game, like all the stuff listed above, not just the incredibly insulting ending. People who go "oh you guys are overreacting, only the ending was shit and the rest was 99% gold!" are fucking morons. The entire game was littered with fetid dogshit.