gen:LOCK

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: gen:LOCK

Genre: Animation, Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2019-01-26

Creator: Gray Haddock

Cast: Michael B. Jordan, Maisie Williams, Lindsay Jones, Miles Luna, Gray Haddock, Blaine Gibson, Chad James, Dakota Fanning, Kouichi Yamadera, David Tennant

Overview: Fifty years in the future, an oppressive authoritarian force threatens to conquer the world. A daring team is recruited to pilot a new form of weaponized neuroscience that powers devastating mecha, but they must be willing to sacrifice everything to save the world.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys must be slipping, I'm usually find stuff like this out from reading this forum. First episode was pretty badass. Mechs. Nanotech weaponry, etc.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Good voice actors, good animation, good music, great action, great art, interesting story.

This one seems a winner from the first episode at least.

Plus, David Tennant as the mad scientist ;p

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Naw I found it finally on kisscartoon. Just beware there are like a million popups on that site.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Easy enough just to google the name of something and "mega.nz" and usually find a series, 4chan has the link for this one if you can't find a torrent.

Could have done without the packed diversity pandering for the characters though, they followed the formula to a T on this one. At least they managed to get Maisie Williams doing Scottish for the obligatory short playful girl.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
It was pretty good - pretty open on the ending part - reminded me a lot of Power Rangers, but condensed, and with more inclusive gender and ethnic undertones, which didn't necessarily detract. Fight scenes were decent, but really only seemed impactful when they were mindsharing. The rest of it was DBZ-style fluff stuff, which was okay in small doses. No real explanation on how the antagonist got so many upgrades, and I could have used an episode to explain a bit of the backstory - yea there is a war and all, but the nanotech stuff seemed weird to tack on, and I had no vested interest in any of the side characters because I didn't really know what they were fighting for.

7/10 for me, would probably watch another season, but I think I watched it more for the charisma from the voice actors (who were all big names) moreso than the story.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Since you bumped this here's a fan-made map of controlled areas based on background maps shown during the show. Looks like the Union went for areas primarily based on major shipping routes before their NA push.

genlock_2072_map.jpg

TV show information provided by The Movie Database