Ghostbusters : Afterlife

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Will Ferrell and Seth Rogan are probably two of the worst casting choices for a reboot. The Ghostbusters are supposed to be scientists, not some pot head and a guy who only knows how to be funny BY BEING REALLY REALLY LOUD.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I was referring to the nebulous anypeople of Hollywood. The dudes who call the shots and green light garbage. The people who want to add popular young people actors of the day like Emma Stone and Jonah Hill to the cast.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
you know, I was just thinking about it. and really there are some movies out there I think that get a similar tone. or tv shows.

like, I could see James Franco. Danny mcbride, craig Robinson(Daryl in the Office, and nick in Hot tub time machine.). I would trust them.

In general. Land of the lost, The office, Hot tub time machine these get the tone pretty close, although do lean more towards the cartoonish nature of 2 for Land of the lost, Hot tub time machine.
Hollywood probably could pull it off honestly.
Would love to see Craig Robinson as a ghost buster.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Will Ferrell and Seth Rogan are probably two of the worst casting choices for a reboot. The Ghostbusters are supposed to be scientists, not some pot head and a guy who only knows how to be funny BY BEING REALLY REALLY LOUD.
bill murray acted like a scientist to you? i admit seth rogan only knows how to act like a pothead, but he also isnt going to be a scientist, if casted in my dream cast, he would be part of the ghostbusters B team. probably looking up ghosty facts on wiki with his tablet if need be. even a pothead can manage that shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you're right, but neither are going to be playing his role. they will be part of an ensemble cast, that could carry a ghostbusters movie if they decided to make one with the guys i suggested. you cant surpass the original GB, but you can reboot the franchise enough to make it enjoyable to watch. there is definitely room to improve from GB 2

fris

Vyemm Raider
everytime i hear ghostbusters, i get sad cause i know one of the scripts for the 3rd movie was being developed for Chris Farley and Chris Rock and original cast
frown.png

Szlia

I was referring to the nebulous anypeople of Hollywood. The dudes who call the shots and green light garbage. The people who want to add popular young people actors of the day like Emma Stone and Jonah Hill to the cast.
You need to pick your battles, because Jonah Hill and Emma Stones are great additions to any cast. Now, they might be considered for the wrong parts, but we can't know that at this point.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's not the actors. It's the mentality.

Maybe I'm just gun shy after The Beef was cast as Indy's son in Crystal Skull.

spronk

FPS noob
fuck jonah hill, need will ferrell and zach G and louis CK as ghostbusters. key and peele can be the black ones

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's not the actors. It's the mentality.

Maybe I'm just gun shy after The Beef was cast as Indy's son in Crystal Skull.
Ghostbuster's 3 isn't like generic hollywood cash grab remakes though, Ghostbusters 3 has been "in development" for like 20 years. It's a film that certain people involved in the development of the first 2 have always sort of planned to do, but has never come to pass logistically.

Is it going to be as good as the original? Fuck no! You don't simply recapture the magic of one of the greatest comedy of all times. Jonah Hill and Emma Stone are fine choices though, they've both shown to be capable of the type of dry sardonic wit that was present in Ghostbusters.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In my life I have taken up the Monkey's Paw too many times and wished for a another film, another sequel or prequel or parallel story. I have wished formore.

I have been given the Neverending Story 2, and Aliens 3, and Dead Like Me : Life After Death. And god help me I was given The Phantom Menace.

No more! If another Ghostbusters I will bare no responsibility for the outcome! No one will be able to look back and say, "Arbitrary. You asked for this just as we all did. Your blame is equal to ours."

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't care if you have 100 Will Ferrells. Bill Murray > All and if he's not in it, I'm not interested

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Jim carrey, heh no point in bothering with it. That dude had been washed up for ten years. He may reboot dumb franchises he starred in, but not other franchises

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'd love to post some angry comment here about how I won't see this because of thisactor or thatactor or somestupid reason. Unfortunately, I will 100% see this on opening weekend and pay full ticket price because I was a kid of the 80s/90s and I grew up on Ghostbusters.