Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone needs to stop the remake master from fucking the budget keeper at whatever unholy site Sony is performing the rituals.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Not even then. Murray is old as fuck. He's older than he should be. That's a life lived hard. Drug wise at least. And akyrod is just akroyd. The other one (sorry, forget his name lel) showed up in Grace and Frankie and god damn black really DON'T crack. He doesn't look that much older than he did in ghostbusters, but the dude has got to be 70.

There were only and shall only ever be 2 Ghostbusters movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Without Egon, it's going to be really hard to capture it all. It's difficult enough with as much time that has passed. To me, you just have to let this thing go. I would love to see it happen but the best time for that to have happened was a decade ago. Its unfortunate but life has taken its course.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Technically not a remake as he wants it to be a true sequel set in the present day. I.e. shit went down in Manhattan in the 80s and now, 30 years later, something else is happening.

I always thought it a crime that Ghostbusters 2 assumed no ghosts had been seen at all following the Gozer business and they were all washed up. Something closer to the Real Ghostbusters cartoon where there was just a steady supply of otherworldly weirdness and this was jumping into the middle of it would have been more fun.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Any built in fanbase Ghostbusters had was lost with the female only version. People of our generation remember it fondly but it does not have the same generational appeal as a Star Wars or a Star Trek; and even those two brands are losing vast amounts of support because of the mind-boggling choices made by the rights holders to try and capture new markets with no regard to how these franchises retained their followings in the first place.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This announcement has my toxic masculinity about to BOIL OVER!!!

giphy.gif

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Any built in fanbase Ghostbusters had was lost with the female only version. People of our generation remember it fondly but it does not have the same generational appeal as a Star Wars or a Star Trek; and even those two brands are losing vast amounts of support because of the mind-boggling choices made by the rights holders to try and capture new markets with no regard to how these franchises retained their followings in the first place.
to compound that, whenever i see Ghostbusters playing on Starz in the menu screen, its always the nightmare version and not the original. its like they are scrubbing it from existence.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

Jason Reitman huh.
Juno, Thank you for smoking.
produced Jennifer's body.

ok maybe.

The big thing is, like, Ghostbusters appears to be a fluke. Seems like even the people that worked on it, have no idea what was good about it. Hence, ghostbusters 2...

Hell you can type in "horror comedy" and try to make a list of movies that are similar to ghostbusters in terms of tone. Its pretty rare to hit that edge.

Beetlejuice, grabbers, evil dead 2, slither, gremlins, krampus, american werewolf in london. about it? anything else is generally is just full camp, and too silly. even a few of those really push the camp.
There are alot of movies that embrace the campy, sure. And they are good. But so very few that nail that "realistic" thriller aspect of Ghostbusters. Ghostbusters plays out like a full horror movie. Sinister, etc.. but people react to things with comedy.
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls061631590/

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Jason Reitman huh.
Juno, Thank you for smoking.
produced Jennifer's body.

ok maybe.

The big thing is, like, Ghostbusters appears to be a fluke. Seems like even the people that worked on it, have no idea what was good about it. Hence, ghostbusters 2...

Hell you can type in "horror comedy" and try to make a list of movies that are similar to ghostbusters in terms of tone. Its pretty rare to hit that edge.

Beetlejuice, grabbers, evil dead 2, slither, gremlins, krampus, american werewolf in london. about it?
respect the grandaddy.
abbott_and_costello_meet_frankenstein_universal_continuity.jpg

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Ghostbusters 2 wasn't that bad. It's nowhere near as good a 1, but really, it's more just a standard 90'sish comedy. VEEEEGO and Yanus. That's kind the problem. They tried to replace the rick morannis style character with blondie in a more central role and while it seems like that should work on paper it didn't come off. Rick is just goofy... man, you just want to punch that blonde headed spindly fuck.

I think the expectation of every scene being a killer that they set for themselves with 1 hurt it more than anything that's actually in the movie.

• 1Solidarity

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I think i want a public apology from the fucks responsible for Ghostbusters 2016 and a sincere effort of scrubbing that abomination from the history books before i let them off the hook and consider watching the new one.
And when i say sincere i mean it, there needs to be a DVD/Blueray buyback program and shit.

• 1Solidarity

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

I probably would have agreed with this, but Ghostbusters is probably my favorite movie and hearing that original score and sounds in the teaser got me drooling in anticipation of whatever disappointment Sony lays at my feet.