Ghostbusters : Afterlife

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

This doesnt have to be bad. The original cast is too old or dead to carry this movie. The only problem I see with "teens" is Oscar from Ghostbusters 2 would be 30, so teens is a weird age as the cast from the OG movies would probably not have teenage grandchildren, unless they had kids right after 2 and those kids all had kids in their teens as well.

But if that is the Stantz family farm or some shit and it's Ray's nieces and nephews, with some Venkman, Spengler and Zeddemores rolling around, I can still hold out hope.

Plus Sony really wants a Ghostbusters franchise/universe, so they gotta have someone to hand it off to after the last abortion nearly burned down the studio.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The fact that its 2 boys and 2 girls means it will probably still be cringey as hell.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Anyone remember the last time Sony took on a team of 4 youthful unlikely heroes?

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I mean, if they go some type of Karate Kid route where the OG Ghostbusters have to train a bunch of kids in the way of bustin ghosts in order to restore their honor or whatever, it could work.

Either that or the OG Ghostbusters went missing after trying to defeat some mega-ghost/god thing and they have sort of faded into some type of modern legend, but then the kids stumble across some Ghostbuster stuff and have to save the OG Ghostbusters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Don't think they aren't considering bringing Egon back as a CGI Ghost

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In the late 1990s there was an animated sequel to The Real Ghostbusters cartoon show called Extreme Ghostbusters. It had a bit of a multi-cultural pals cast with a Black guy, Latino, goth girl, and disabled person but it was never to the show's detriment. The basic story was that paranormal activity was again increasing and Egon was teaching a new group of Ghostbusters to confront the threat.

It was also just fucking full of body horror up to and including actual Hellraiser cenobites.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well, the teen thing COULD work. Here's how I see an angle for it.

The new movie isn't set in 2019. It's set around 2000-2005 range. This let's the baby from GB2 be one of the teens. You do that movie as a transition. Plus you get the same "nostalgia junkie" angle you can play for the 30-sonethings who are starting to see the 2000's as their "good old days". (Just like people my age see The Goldbergs and Fresh Off the Boat) Next film is in 2019 and features the teens, now grown, as the revitalized Ghostbusters.

I also agree that the idea of a "friendly ghost Egon" should hopefully be too juicy to pass up, because they know they can play that right in the 40-somethings feels. Maybe make it they have to save a now crazy Bill Murray or Dan Akroyd from a ghost haunting him and it's Egon warning them of the big bad coming....

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, the teen thing COULD work. Here's how I see an angle for it.

The new movie isn't set in 2019. It's set around 2000-2005 range. This let's the baby from GB2 be one of the teens. You do that movie as a transition. Plus you get the same "nostalgia junkie" angle you can play for the 30-sonethings who are starting to see the 2000's as their "good old days". (Just like people my age see The Goldbergs and Fresh Off the Boat) Next film is in 2019 and features the teens, now grown, as the revitalized Ghostbusters.

I also agree that the idea of a "friendly ghost Egon" should hopefully be too juicy to pass up, because they know they can play that right in the 40-somethings feels. Maybe make it they have to save a now crazy Bill Murray or Dan Akroyd from a ghost haunting him and it's Egon warning them of the big bad coming....
its gonna be teens fucking around discovering Ecto-1 in old man Stantz garage and he befriends them and explains what ghostbusting is. ghosts pop up and he shows them how to get rid of them. more ghosts show up and he has to call in Murray and Hudson, but they cant handle them because they be old. the kids take over and save the day. ghostbusters babies are a go. Oscar is not going to be in this. he is what ruined GB2.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think she was just looking for a reason to virtue signal Trump in there. he has not a goddamned thing to do with with this film. but since everyone except "woke" people such as herself fucking hated it, she equates that to ray sizzem and muh soggy knees. therefore it was that dastardly Trump strikes again forcing the studio to make the KKK version of ghostbusters excluding the 2016 hambeast version from the story. it makes no damned sense to humans, but it makes perfect sense to her. she also never realized that her version portrayed her as the only non scientist dumbfuck of the 4.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
i think she was just looking for a reason to virtue signal Trump in there. he has not a goddamned thing to do with with this film. but since everyone except "woke" people such as herself fucking hated it, she equates that to ray sizzem and muh soggy knees. therefore it was that dastardly Trump strikes again forcing the studio to make the KKK version of ghostbusters excluding the 2016 hambeast version from the story. it makes no damned sense to humans, but it makes perfect sense to her. she also never realized that her version portrayed her as the only non scientist dumbfuck of the 4.

No dude. I was talking about the nudes.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
This isn't rocket surgery. The OG crew have broken up long ago due to differences in how to run the franchise. Yes franchise. Cause NYC ain't the only place with ghosts. Three go to another city: Chicago, LA, Houston to start their own crew. They reunite for Egon's funeral. Egon and Janine's kid inherits the OG business but never had the heart to really do this. He had other dreams. So it's up to the kids of other OGs to come together, rally Egon Jr, and save NYC and the world from another disaster. Peter, Ray, and Winston act as mentors. Throw in an 80s training montage and print motherfucking money. The sequels will then expand the GB universe in other cities with the inevitable spin-off GB: International.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This isn't rocket surgery. The OG crew have broken up long ago due to differences in how to run the franchise. Yes franchise. Cause NYC ain't the only place with ghosts. Three go to another city: Chicago, LA, Houston to start their own crew. They reunite for Egon's funeral. Egon and Janine's kid inherits the OG business but never had the heart to really do this. He had other dreams. So it's up to the kids of other OGs to come together, rally Egon Jr, and save NYC and the world from another disaster. Peter, Ray, and Winston act as mentors. Throw in an 80s training montage and print motherfucking money. The sequels will then expand the GB universe in other cities with the inevitable spin-off GB: International.
The trick will be avoiding a bunch of numales to play the new generation.

• 1Like

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only way to get her to freak out more is to video record yourself burning a copy of Cisbuster.

• 1Like