Ghostbusters : Afterlife

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
She seems like she believes an all male cast would earn the movie more money, which means she thinks that it was all female that made people not like ‘Ghostbuster (2016): Answer The Call’. For me it wasn’t the female cast, it was the unfunny female cast and the script/story from a rejected Scooby doo movie.

The whole part at the concert was straight out of Scooby Doo and was unbelievably awful.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
That film was legitimately fucking terrible. I'm glad someone's taking another run at Ghostbusters - if this crashes and burns at least that's the franchise toast for another generation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That film was legitimately fucking terrible. I'm glad someone's taking another run at Ghostbusters - if this crashes and burns at least that's the franchise toast for another generation.
if they cant make Ghostbusters 3 work even with Akroyd's storyline he's been hinting at for 30 years. then its completely done.

• 2Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
She seems like she believes an all male cast would earn the movie more money, which means she thinks that it was all female that made people not like ‘Ghostbuster (2016): Answer The Call’. For me it wasn’t the female cast, it was the unfunny female cast and the script/story from a rejected Scooby doo movie.

The whole part at the concert was straight out of Scooby Doo and was unbelievably awful.
every female casts were insufferable and if this is what passes for "female comedian of 21 century," holy fuck. so much for female empowerment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thought they already confirmed the cast was planned to be 2 boys and 2 girls? Where does this stupid cow get the idea that they're going back to an all male cast?

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
A part of me wishes they would have let 3 kill all hope of more ghostbusters.

Because now when this next movie is still bad but objectively better you can't blame it entirely on Feig and the estrogen crew.

And it will be better. I am not just using an idiom when I say I don't think they could make a worse ghostbusters if they tried. Nowhere to go but up, baby!

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A part of me wishes they would have let 3 kill all hope of more ghostbusters.

Because now when this next movie is still bad but objectively better you can't blame it entirely on Feig and the estrogen crew.

And it will be better. I am not just using an idiom when I say I don't think they could make a worse ghostbusters if they tried. Nowhere to go but up, baby!
lets just be honest here, 1984 Ghostbusters was the only good one. GB2 was pretty bad.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, 2 was bad. I rewatched it though and hated it less than when I saw it in the theater. It wasn't -awful-, it just wasn't that good.

3 was awful! The main thing I think is that it was so incredibly lazy in every way except for the CGI. And even that, if I knew more about it, was probably pretty lazy. That was a paycheck and nothing but a paycheck for Wiig and McCarthy. I'm positive that both of them wanted the mark of distinction of "reprised a similar role in an all female ghostbusters movie as Ramis/Murray/Akroyd". Feather in the cap sort of stuff.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, 2 was bad. I rewatched it though and hated it less than when I saw it in the theater. It wasn't -awful-, it just wasn't that good.

3 was awful!
estrogen ghostbusters wasnt GB3. its not even canon. they named it Ghostbusters : Answer The Call.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, count me in the camp that thought GB2 was lacking. It didn't have the original vibe of the first film. Even though the villain was appropriately creepy, too much else of the film felt geared towards families. The first one struck the right balance of horror/suspense/comedy but the second one dipped too far into comedy for me.

I also hated the premise that they were disgraced losers to start the film.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Maybe it's just nostalgia talk since I haven't seen it since I was like 10.

I found it was one of those movies that was AWESOME if you saw it as a kid, of course, but when you watch it as an adult... yeah, it’s not so good.

Still, Ghostbusters 2 is a cinematic masterpiece compared to Ghostbusters (2016): Answer the Call.

(Also, I apologize for my previous post. I was intoxicated and thought you meant the 2016 one for some reason. sorry, eh)

Edit: forgot to qoute. Just say NO!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I still haven't watched the fanfiction one, I'll stubbornly avoid it till I die. Ghostbusters was my #1 thing as a kid, transformers ect were cool, but GB was what I was obsessed with. I had so many of the toys, wish I still had them just to have a collection for the cave. Especially the ECTO1 or whatever, I can't remember how big it actually was, but that car seemed huge as a kid, was my favorite. I vaguely remember some Slimer related toy too, that you could get containers of green goop, it was the same as the stuff for the Skeletor related building I had. I got in so much shit over that goop, but fuck did it make a satisfying smack when you bushwacked someone in the face with it lol.

I'll wait to hear opinions on new one, not gonna take a chance souring a childhood memory, especially after the latest one. That was the movie they tried to guilt trip fans who hated it right?

GB2 was awesome as a kid, as an adult it's hard to watch.

• 2Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
One of the biggest problems of Ghostbusters 2 was so much focus on Dana/Peter's relationship and the baby. No one cares about that shit, go bust some ghosts and do bro things.

• 2Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
the best part was Thor acting the fool, that musta lead Taika Waititi to go "hmm thor can act and be funny if you let him, i'mma go direct Thor:ragnarok"