Ghostbusters : Afterlife

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did they forget there was a black dude?

That's low.
poor ernie always gets the shit end of the stick. they stuck his cameo in at the very last minute of the chickbusters version. when Ghostbusters 2 came out on VHS during the 80s, they panned the scan to fit only 3 of the 4 Ghostbuster team in their opening shot with the uniforms. take a guess who got chopped out of the scene?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol what a pussyfag
Jason Reitman Draws Backlash for Saying His Ghostbusters Will 'Hand the Movie Back to Fans'
“I’m not making the Juno of Ghostbusters movies,” the Juno director said. “This is gonna be a love letter to Ghostbusters…. I want to make a movie for my fellow Ghostbusters fans.”
Reitman’s comments quickly drew backlash from those who felt he was suggesting that the 2016 film, directed by Paul Feig and starring Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon, Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy, was not good enough for fans.

The director clarified his comments on Twitter Wednesday, writing that he thought the film – which billed itself as a reboot and not a sequel – was “amazing.”

• 3Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope this gets made with phoned in efforts from the actors and its better than the 2016 flop

Fedor

<Banned>
lol what a pussyfag
Jason Reitman Draws Backlash for Saying His Ghostbusters Will 'Hand the Movie Back to Fans'
“I’m not making the Juno of Ghostbusters movies,” the Juno director said. “This is gonna be a love letter to Ghostbusters…. I want to make a movie for my fellow Ghostbusters fans.”
Reitman’s comments quickly drew backlash from those who felt he was suggesting that the 2016 film, directed by Paul Feig and starring Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon, Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy, was not good enough for fans.

The director clarified his comments on Twitter Wednesday, writing that he thought the film – which billed itself as a reboot and not a sequel – was “amazing.”

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've picked up a free commercial type jumpsuit last month, I didn't really have a use for them but it was free. When I tried it on, my wife said "you look like a Ghostbuster" so I immediately thought - Halloween costume potential. I started building a proton pack out of household recyclables and it is coming along pretty well:

HM0Ejwq.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
finished the detail on the main body, I built a pvc frame to mount it on but I need to come up with some backpack straps first. Then after that finish the wand and its done.

3PSQwPY.jpg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

PunieHop

<Banned>
Chris Hemsworth was the funniest part of GB:ATC. Imagine that, it took a man to make any part of that movie funny.
The "Mike Hat" part was funny. The not understanding how eyes and ears work was cringey as fuck. Dumb character is dumb, I get it, but even exaggerated characters need to be at least a little feasible for the audience to feel any connection to them at all.

PunieHop

<Banned>
Having Aykroyd might be a bad thing too. He's batshit insane and it was a miracle that his ideas were filtered enough that the first movie turned out as amazing as it was. If they can't manage to contain him again then it's a potential disaster in the making.
Left to his own devices, Aykroyd created some weird shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The "Mike Hat" part was funny. The not understanding how eyes and ears work was cringey as fuck. Dumb character is dumb, I get it, but even exaggerated characters need to be at least a little feasible for the audience to feel any connection to them at all.

I agree, but going way over the top is also a form of comedy and Hemsworth did it well. Sure, not all the jokes landed but he was still the best part of the movie.

PunieHop

<Banned>
I agree, but going way over the top is also a form of comedy and Hemsworth did it well. Sure, not all the jokes landed but he was still the best part of the movie.
Oh, he definitely had fun with the role and showed he has comedic chops. I agree he was the most entertaining part of an overall terrible movie.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Left to his own devices, Aykroyd created some weird shit.
I liked that movie quite a bit as a kid even though I didn't understand many of the references. What's not to love about a crazy mansion in a junkyard that's full of secret passages, mutants and death coasters at that age? I can even still remember "All Around the World" fondly lol. If I watched it today for the first time though then I'd probably agree with you.

Also Demi Moore was hot in those white short shorts.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I liked that movie quite a bit as a kid even though I didn't understand many of the references. What's not to love about a crazy mansion in a junkyard that's full of secret passages, mutants and death coasters at that age? I can even still remember "All Around the World" fondly lol. If I watched it today for the first time though then I'd probably agree with you.

Also Demi Moore was hot in those white short shorts.
Is this worth watching? Never heard of it, but love Chevy and Aykroyd. 5% on RT, though!

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Is this worth watching? Never heard of it, but love Chevy and Aykroyd. 5% on RT, though!
Go into it with very low expectations. its extremely weird and doesn't make much sense but I loved it as a kid and even when i re watched it, it was still enjoyable.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users