Ghostbusters : Afterlife

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

geffe71_sl

shitlord
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 6 Votes
Title: Ghostbusters III (2020)

Genre: Science Fiction, Comedy

Director: Jason Reitman

Release: 2020-07-10

Plot: A third entry in the original "Ghostbusters" series, focusing on four teenagers: two boys and two girls. Plot unknown.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
no-poster.jpg

Title: Ghostbusters 3

Release: 2020-07-10

Plot: A third entry in the original "Ghostbusters" series, focusing on four teenagers: two boys and two girls. Plot unknown.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
no-poster.jpg

Title: Ghostbusters 3

Release: 2020-06-30

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So much time has gone by that I don't think anyone even knows why the first one was good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Ghostbusters is in my top 5 all time. With that said, no Moranis, no Murray, adding Jonah Hill? Do not want.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What a clusterfuck this will be. Why cant they just clean up the original and rerelease it in the theater? I would pay actual dollars to go see it. I missed it the first time it was at the movies.

• 2Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Reboots + Remakes + prequels + sequels = 21th century hollywood

• 2Like

Column_sl

shitlord
Havent see as many remakes, but sequels are on full steam it seems.

Seems like the focus of Hollywood is shifting from the one movie to the potentialy longer storyline.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Havent see as many remakes, but sequels are on full steam it seems.

Seems like the focus of Hollywood is shifting from the one movie to the potentialy longer storyline.
This wouldnt be a bad thing if we actually got stories worth a damn instead of the shit they constantly put out nowadays.

Lotr trilogy was amazing, marvel movie universe is done right, and a few others have made decent sequals and such. However we tend to get sequals and series that dont deserve it. Grown Ups 2? Star Wars prequals? Ghostbusters with no original cast and Jonah hill? Hollywood is in a pretty sorry state where they value making easy sequals and having a massive merchandising option than to risk making a truly spectacular movie that may or may not be considered a flop.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this year was a massive failure for hollywood, the worst part is most of those flops were original films. world war z and elysium anyone? lone ranger was a reboot but they rebooted a franchise from 30 years ago, which bombed back then too. sequels are a safer bet, so dont expect those to go away, the original flicks are in danger. biggest bomb of 2012 was john carter and that was original

fucker_sl

shitlord
this year was a massive failure for hollywood, the worst part is most of those flops were original films. world war z and elysium anyone? lone ranger was a reboot but they rebooted a franchise from 30 years ago, which bombed back then too. sequels are a safer bet, so dont expect those to go away, the original flicks are in danger. biggest bomb of 2012 was john carter and that was original
WWZ ? lone ranger ? john carter ?

they bombed because they are shitty movies, not because they are original

the solution to this situation is to...guess what ?....stop doing shitty movies!

but asking that to hollywood is like asking Lumie to be sane

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my point was they are still making original films but they are bombing, either because the studios dont know how to make great original films anymore or the great directors are too busy making sequels. i think its because studios think shiny things first and story second. these budgets are so fucking overblown because of needless CGI that most are doomed to fail before they ever get released. did anyone expect after earth to be anything but a pile of shit?

-edit
there are exceptions of course,such as gravty. though i doubt the budget for gravity was anywhere close to elysium, lone ranger or wwz

-edit edit
i just checked the wikis on these flops and seems like they all made profits. even the lone fucking ranger took in more than its 255m budget. worldwide grosses must be saving their asses. john carter made a profit too.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Original movies still have sources and a fan base that expects certain standards. How smart was it to make a movie about a really old SF series, spruce up the visuals while making the story suck? Is that a good montage for that author? Will it bring in new fans? Hell no. Why bring back a very old western that had failed years earlier and then spruce it up with some CGI and another really poor story? Why make it at all similar to Pirates? To bring in a new fan base with shitty story again? Why didn't paramount know their 'epic' movie's ending before all that wasted time and money? Why did it have carte blache? Stupid decisions made these movies do poorly not the originality.

Matrix came out of nowhere. Avatar and Titanic exploded. Inception = awesome. Etc,etc,etc. It wasn't the CGI, actors, or producers who brought in money. It was the stories that people wanted to enjoy. These stories brought people in, provided strong word of mouth, and second viewing opportunities. The rest was just added benefits. Make a really good story... see money roll in.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Get whoever wrote 21 Jump Street to write Ghostbusters 3, that's been the best / only good? comedy remake.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database