Gifs not loading properly

Aaron

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
16d 12h 18m
So, starting a couple of weeks ago GIFs on this forum stopped loading propperly, at least some of the time. They seem to load fine if they are on the part of the page the monitor is displaying, but they don't seem to load above or below it. That means after viewing a couple of posts, I scroll down and then have to reload the page to get them to load. The look like this before reloading. Note, this only seems to be an issue on Chrome in Windows 10 (both at home and at work). Other browsers and Chrome on my mobile work fine. Anyone know what might be the issue?

wat.PNG

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Moderation Tools>
53d 32m
This has been brought up several times in the amod thread over the last few months. I don't know if a specific cause has been identified.

Lanx

Golden Baron of the Realm
90d 53m
This has been brought up several times in the amod thread over the last few months. I don't know if a specific cause has been identified.
it has, this shit didn't happen until we upgraded to xen2 then gifs goto shit

at first i thought it might be too many "elements" per page which is why i changed my FSR format from 3 per post to just 1 and push all the elements to a new page load.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Moderation Tools>
53d 32m
Sounds entirely possible to me that it could be part of the cause. It also could be the media embed plugin or even some shit on Imgur's end, as I've only seen it happen to Imgur gifs. Shit's beyond me.

Lanx

Golden Baron of the Realm
90d 53m
Sounds entirely possible to me that it could be part of the cause. It also could be the media embed plugin or even some shit on Imgur's end, as I've only seen it happen to Imgur gifs. Shit's beyond me.
yup, only imgur; it's not an issue if you want to just click to see what shit is posted, but it pops a new tab n shit.

Aaron

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
16d 12h 18m
True, come to think of it. It's only imgur. Gify's work fine. Hope a solution can be found.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
21d 3h 58m
Sometimes the imgur GIFs don't play, I get a frozen image. But the 'fix' is to click on the GIF which loads it in a new tab and it plays fine.

Not too big an issue as the fix is easy, but worthy to point out that it is imgur.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
23d 14h 16m
Only happening to me for lanx posts. After reloading the page a few times I realized his pictures aren't worth the effort.

i notice your screenshots happen to be lanx posts too.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: Gamma Rays

suineg

GOLDEN GOD
<Gold Donor>
37d 20h 20m
It is specific to imgur and the way they embed and has nothing to do with XF2.

Eventually we are going to code our own workaround.

AngryGerbil

Starve the Devourer
<Donor>

at first i thought it might be too many "elements" per page which is why i changed my FSR format from 3 per post to just 1 and push all the elements to a new page load.
Your avatar is giving me nightmares.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
23d 14h 16m
I'm not worried. In my dream I told her my name is moonarchia.