Gifts for people that have everything.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure we all know someone like this, so i thought we could start a thread for ideas for those difficult people to shop for in our lives.

My daughter works a factory job and lives at home, so she's got a shitload of money. She doesn't have any RL friends she talks to a lot (her friends being in college and whatnot), so all of her friends are online and spread across the country. She doesn't *need* anything, and her wants are irrelevant because she has a pittance of bills coming out of gigantic paychecks. So, I'm struggling to come up with something for her. Typically I'd get her Steam gift cards, but now she just buys any games she wants to play.

One thing that I thought was pretty cool was when my GF got me a canvas photo of my dog, from a place like www.canvasonsale.com. Apparently they have Groupons pretty frequently to cut the price down quite a bit, and it turned out pretty good.

What kind of other neat/niche things have you received or gotten for people who are impossible to shop for?
IMG_20201017_133631834.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
These are the best socks ever. When I need to get a gift for someone and have no idea what to get iv gotten them feetures socks. People are usually surprised how great they are.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
For people close to me who already have all the stuff they could want, I rewind to childhood. It's the thought that counts at this point, so I'll give a box of handmade fudge or something I made in my wood shop.

• 2Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I give gift cards and/or "coupons" for days at the go-kart track, days at the gun range, stuff we can go do together. Since most people I know don't really need money or gifts, it's more about your time and enjoyment so I try to find things those people like to do and give them an excuse to go do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
No one in my circle needs anything. They get obscure wines or beers since they all drink. Most text me with a laugh that Christmas, but say the wine is pretty good most times. I usually spend about 30-40 bucks per wine. Like maybe 20 for a 4 pack of beer or whatever.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
1. Something they might like and can afford but don't have the time to go shop for as it isn't easily acquired by delivery. example: items from offline farms/fairs/markets out in the countryside
2. Pranks

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to make a kindergarten Christmas card for my wife and sign it with my mushroom stamp.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We do experiences for close friends and family: trips abroad, long weekends at places we know they'd like - fly fishing adventures, wine tasting and spa shit, etc. Silly things that no one needs, but makes people laugh or have a story to tell. Experiences are way more memorable than most "things".

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Now this is a TOUGH one. Every year all my friends and family ask me what they can get me for my birthday or Xmas. But I literally have everything I could ever want. I tell them their friendship is a gift enough.

They end up giving me socks regardless.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You know what people really appreciate? A jar of homemade jam and a big homemade loaf of delicious bread to eat it on. It's very simple, but I have yet to go wrong with that.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Food items are always a go to for people like that. I have also done songs for people in the past (offer of public performance for something of their choice). The key ingredients for a gift for someone like that is personal thought and effort, at least in my experience.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No one in my circle needs anything. They get obscure wines or beers since they all drink. Most text me with a laugh that Christmas, but say the wine is pretty good most times. I usually spend about 30-40 bucks per wine. Like maybe 20 for a 4 pack of beer or whatever.
This is also a good call. A nice pricey booze purchase always goes over well with people who don't have a stick up their ass.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The flipside of this: convincing others that you're one of these people. My wife's family insists on gift lists such that I go out of my way to not buy trivialities so that they can buy them for me instead. Creative food or booze items would be great. I'll admit it's more work than adding a product to your digital cart, which is also why I've suggested just nixing gifts altogether. Spending time together, play some cards, eat some (usually)good food. Second Thanksgiving. No luck so far.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Food items are always a go to for people like that. I have also done songs for people in the past (offer of public performance for something of their choice). The key ingredients for a gift for someone like that is personal thought and effort, at least in my experience.

To go further, for our close family that are out of state we did a round of getting everything a once a week meal delivery kit for a month (blueapron or hellofresh or whatever). Four kits total. Seemed like a pretty big hit and people say they had fun making new meals.

Also search o & h danish kringles on amazon. They are fucken amazing. We send those out pretty often.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The flipside of this: convincing others that you're one of these people. My wife's family insists on gift lists such that I go out of my way to not buy trivialities so that they can buy them for me instead. Creative food or booze items would be great. I'll admit it's more work than adding a product to your digital cart, which is also why I've suggested just nixing gifts altogether. Spending time together, play some cards, eat some (usually)good food. Second Thanksgiving. No luck so far.

I have tried this multiple times. But at our age...everyone is so busy. In a few years when everyone's kids are fully grown, this will be a thing I hope.

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
High end consumables, ie food and drink, is my family's goto for the people who exchange gifts in the "dont need anything" category. Expensive chocolates and wine for mom, high end whisky and scotch for dad. It's definitely a waste of money, but whatever, we make a point share them at family gatherings and don't give a fuck.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
To go further, for our close family that are out of state we did a round of getting everything a once a week meal delivery kit for a month (blueapron or hellofresh or whatever). Four kits total. Seemed like a pretty big hit and people say they had fun making new meals.

Also search o & h danish kringles on amazon. They are fucken amazing. We send those out pretty often.
Trader Joe's stocks these from time to time. For a mass produced product, they are indeed quite good. Given the shape and size of the pastry, I'm very surprised it isn't mangled by shipping. Compared to a bakery-fresh Danish, you can tell a bit, but that's not a fair comparison.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Trader Joe's stocks these from time to time. For a mass produced product, they are indeed quite good. Given the shape and size of the pastry, I'm very surprised it isn't mangled by shipping. Compared to a bakery-fresh Danish, you can tell a bit, but that's not a fair comparison.

We've gotten em ourselves a number of times and they're always in great shape - we just cut em up into single serving pieces and throw them in the freezer. Great frozen or just toaster ovened for a minute.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Etsy has become my go-to for stuff like that. This year, I bought a customized music box for my 1 year old daughter, customized Glencairn glasses for my buddy, with his initials laser engraved (they look spectacular btw), and custom made emerald & gold bracelet for my wife. For my little brother, I had a leather desk set made with our family signet emblazoned into the leather.

At this point, the gift card shit is just so blah and buying people cheap bullshit that is "throw away" seems pointless, particularly when all have the means to just buy that kind of shit when they need/want it. I was so taken with the glencairn glasses I'm buying myself a pair as well as 4 general bar cart crystal glasses from the same seller. One of the guys I used to work with has an older Land Rover Defender 90 (that he absolutely loves), and I was able to get someone to do a very nice drawing of his Defender, same color etc from a pic he had and then framed the canvas and gave it to him for his office. He loved it.

Stuff that's "relatively" nice and will last and that's personal is my suggestion.

• 2Like