God Of War 4

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couldn't help but be reminded by The Order or RISE, by this one. It felt similar, then I realized the guys that created the engine for The Order, collaborated w/ Santa Monica Studio to make it. I hope the quick time events were just showy E3 shit, and there is more action. Worst case scenario I'm imagining linear forest corridors w/ quick time combat throughout. I hope that I'm wrong though, because I loved GOW3 and GOW:A (never played 1 or 2).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In that case I fall back on my backup prediction: this game will set it up so that Kratos dies or retires or whatever at the end and the (likely inevitable) sequel will star his son.

You just know this game will end on an RDR-style note with grown-up Kratosson standing over his father's grave before shouldering Kratos' axe and going off to kill Loki or something.
There's a distinct possibility his son is getting killed in the first 15mins of the game too, and then Kratos kills every Norse gods in existence to figure out who did it(and it's probably Loki). And then he goes retire in India or Japan, finds a wife, have a kid, and the kid dies again, time to kill some gods. Egypt would be a good setting but they'd need to go back in time.

spronk

FPS noob
That's not the original guy! What the fuck is this?
giphy.gif

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah or maybe Kratos just loses his child/fam again like he did in the original story and goes on a fuckin rampage

Edit - my bad didnt see Pyros post above

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So it's been confirmed that the kid goes through the whole game with you, gaining skills etc along the way. Also pretty sure the producer confirmed this is the Kratos we all know and love, not a rebooted character. He's already lost his family back in Sparta and is not wanting to make the same mistakes I guess.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Considering he used an ability called Spartan rage I don't know how anyone would think it was a different/rebooted Kratos. I'm all for Kratos being the reason there are no gods/miracles anymore. Have him kill the Egyptian gods next. Hindu. Whatever. Top it all off with wrecking God and Lucifer for maximum rustle.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Considering he used an ability called Spartan rage I don't know how anyone would think it was a different/rebooted Kratos. I'm all for Kratos being the reason there are no gods/miracles anymore. Have him kill the Egyptian gods next. Hindu. Whatever. Top it all off with wrecking God and Lucifer for maximum rustle.
He also has the ashes all over his skin, which wouldn't make sense if the part with him and the kid was supposed to be his "origin"

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Not sure I'll like playing Kratos the Babysitter, but I will.
kid didn't have a life bar that I could see, I don't think (or at least I fucking hope not) that we'll have to constantly look out for him. Just an extra feature "press (kid button) now to shoot this guy in the face and stun him", which is really just a bonus, not a hindrance.

He also has the ashes all over his skin, which wouldn't make sense if the part with him and the kid was supposed to be his "origin"
this too

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The kid's basically going to be what Elizabeth was in bioshock infinite or Ellie was in The Last of Us.

Hopefully they can do as good a job as those two in making the kid a substantial character that you really care about.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm more curious how there gonna explain Kratos living thru the impalement on the Sword of Olympus..

First time Gaia saved him.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I really do hate watching good old arcade style gaming die a slow death. God of War was one of the last ones left.

Big disappointment for me.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Just go replay GoW3, it was the pinnacle of that style and I think they realized it after Ascension.