Godfather of Harlem

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Godfather of Harlem

Genre: Drama, Crime

First aired: 2019-09-29

Creator: Chris Brancato, Paul Eckstein

Cast: Forest Whitaker, Vincent D'Onofrio, Ilfenesh Hadera, Antoinette Crowe-Legacy, Nigel Thatch, Kelvin Harrison Jr., Lucy Fry, Paul Sorvino, Giancarlo Esposito, Rafi Gavron, Kathrine Narducci

Overview: Loosely based on infamous crime boss Bumpy Johnson, who in the early 1960s returned from ten years in prison to find the neighborhood he once ruled in shambles. With the streets controlled by the Italian mob, Bumpy attempts to regain his piece of Harlem.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Didn't see a post about this series. Started it due to the virus keeping me at home.

Solid, but predictable story.

Acting is Excellent! It took me two episodes to realize one of the main characters was Gus from Breaking Bad. (He totally does a 180 on character here)

Worth a watch.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I tried to watch this but only made it about 4 episodes before the constant screeching of "the white man been oppressin' us!" was too much to take.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The cliches are too much for current year series.

Also whatever attempts there are to complicate the plot more, end up coming off as filler. There's a lot of scenes I just feel like I'm wasting my time. It's not compelling.

Not quite Westworld Season 2 material as far as unwatchability, but you need to be a huge fan of the genre to stick with it.

Overall, I consider it a waste of a great cast.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database