Immortals Fenyx Rising

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit, a Ubisoft game that actually looks good? Out of Legion, Valhalla, and this, I figured Fenyx would easily be the worst of the three. Maybe there's something to be said for Ubi trying new IPs instead of endlessly retreading their existing ones.

Definitely wishing I'd set up my Ubi+ to cover Valhalla and this instead of Legion and Valhalla, now I gotta sub a second month for Fenyx. If it really is as good as ACG says, I'm ok with that though.

P.S. Amod Amod can you rename this thread to Immortals Fenyx Rising? Ubi got threatened with a lawsuit or some shit and had to change the game's name.

P.P.S. Pre-load is up for Ubi+ people, and I think for consoles too. PS4/5 might be tomorrow, not sure. Kind of surprising to see it's out for Switch on day 1 too, should be interesting to see a review for that version, especially graphics and performance.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not sure if it's there indefinetly or what, but Stadia has a demo you can play for free. It's like a Zelda game w/ Assassin's Creed combat. Not a complaint, looking forward to playing the non-streamed one via Ubi+.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve been intrigued by this since it was announced but wasn’t high on my list. Now I’m genuinely looking forward to it.

I’m not sure when I’ll get to to though. Only halfway through Valhalla and Cyberpunk next week. It’s definitely something I will play though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So what the hell did he rate it because he never said.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Sounds like I won’t be buying it until ACG fixes his video and tells me what to do. Covid has made me a robot who listens only to marching orders and now I’m confused.

(Bought it. Hopefully preload starts and it isn’t shit on PS5)

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

So what the hell did he rate it because he never said.
Yeah, he did a weird audio edit right as that section started, but it's pretty clear from the rest that it was going to be "Buy". Not that anyone should buy Ubi games while Ubi+ exists, but still...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, sounded like a "buy" from ACG to me as well. He had some issues with janky face models and bad writing, and said combat was OK, not great. But overall had a lot of praise for the levels and puzzles. Skill-up said the same thing, maybe a little more favorably and he is usually the first guy I listen to.

The catch is that Cyberpunk is dropping 1 week after but apparently this is a short one, 25 hours to beat, 40 if you are a completionist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Have this installed and ready to go but cannot play until tonight.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Game has the worst advert ever (at least in French). Basically, goes "Typhon has risen. If she fails, the world will fall..."

And you're wait? I thought this was about someone named Fenyx or something? That's Typhon now??? (because as it's worded, it looks that it's if Typhon that fails...)

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Game has the worst advert ever (at least in French). Basically, goes "Typhon has risen. If she fails, the world will fall..."

And you're wait? I thought this was about someone named Fenyx or something? That's Typhon now??? (because as it's worded, it looks that it's if Typhon that fails...)

Typhon is the big bad guy who is attacking the gods. Some bad confusing grammar for sure.

I only played this for an hour last night, that's a bit of a lie as i mostly watch cut scenes and did a tutorial. Comedy relief zeus was an interesting take.

Looking forward to getting into the meat and potatoes later tonight. so far so good.

EDIT - Forgot to mention, Crashed 5 times in 1 hour....hogging mad resources on PC Ryzen 7 3700x. and RTX2070 Had everything on Very High, Moved down to "High" and crashed again.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Vorph

Played for about 90 minutes so far, basically got my wings and had to put it down because my new mouse showed up in the mail. It reminds me more of Genshin Impact (-shitty gatcha) than it does Zelda.

Ryzen 3600+RX5700 XT @ 3440x1440, all settings were maxed by default so I didn't touch anything except to pull back the FOV as even 100% is fish-eyed in 21:9, and I'm getting 60-100 fps. No crashes so far either. I believe this game is using Anvil just like AC Odyssey and Valhalla, and that seems to be very much an AMD-optimized engine. Valhalla had Nvidia stability problems at release too.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
only 3 crashes in 60 hours on Valhalla

Hope it gets better, excited to play more of this.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Love this game lol plays well on PS5. Great humor and puzzles so far. Loling my ass off at the Zeus credits.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played it for a few hours. Love it, well made game.

Going to stop and get back and finish AC:Valhalla before I continue.

Looking forward to be able to really get into it.

• 1Like