GoG Galaxy

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't see a thread on this.

GOG GALAXY 2.0 - All your games and friends in one place.

It's pretty ambitious. Will allow you to organize games across all platforms (including console) with cross-platform chat and friends lists. From what I understand it will basically launch games from other platforms via launching the respective client in the background. So for example if you boot up a game that currently resides on Origin, it will launch Origin in the background which in turn allows you to still accumulate things like achievements specific to Origin.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I like this idea, hopefully it does well. Not sure steam, sony, microsoft, and epic are gonna be happy about it

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I like it too, but Discord is already somewhat doing a bit of this. GOG's client is a bit more overt and better put together at a glance (more focus on the library stuff). With Discord it just feels like some platform features slipped into my community app.

For those that don't use it or don't have a cluttered client, here's what I'm referring to:

GOG's by comparison looks like they're merging Discord and the Geforce Experience.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just an update, I recently got into the beta for this and so far it's working as advertised. I was able to import games across Steam, Uplay and Origin with no issue. It launches the respective client in the background so if you are playing a steam game for example, you are still getting the steam overlay/achievements/etc. plus things like controller configuration. The main point of it is consolidation so that you don't have to manually fire up multiple clients. It also has things like comparing playtime and achievement stats but only to other friends that are on Galaxy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
FYI

This is now in open beta.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've been using it for awhile now, it is pretty good. One feature that I don't think anyone has copied is you can right click the steam icon and launch recent games from the hidden icons on the right side of the taskbar

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been using it for awhile now, it is pretty good. One feature that I don't think anyone has copied is you can right click the steam icon and launch recent games from the hidden icons on the right side of the taskbar

Nice I didn't know that.

Nice. I wish they had twitch game library as one of the platforms, but everything else I need is there

As far as Twitch, it does support 'community created integrations' so I think it may be possible. Galaxy advertises that it can bring in any game regardless of the platform. I'll have to check when I get home.

How can I add my games to GOG GALAXY 2.0?
In GOG GALAXY 2.0 you’re adding games through official and community created integrations. By connecting platforms, the data about the games you own is automatically imported to the application. On top of that you are also able to manually add single games even if they are not connected to any platform.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Nice I didn't know that.

As far as Twitch, it does support 'community created integrations' so I think it may be possible. Galaxy advertises that it can bring in any game regardless of the platform. I'll have to check when I get home.

How can I add my games to GOG GALAXY 2.0?
In GOG GALAXY 2.0 you’re adding games through official and community created integrations. By connecting platforms, the data about the games you own is automatically imported to the application. On top of that you are also able to manually add single games even if they are not connected to any platform.

Yeah, I looked at that but it requires running the integration as a separate program or something along those lines in order to access it, and isn't really worth the effort for these specific twitch games.