Gomorrah

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Gomorrah

Genre: Crime, Drama

First aired: 2014-05-06

Creator: Roberto Saviano

Cast: Fortunato Cerlino, Salvatore Esposito, Maria Pia Calzone, Marco Palvetti, Marco D'Amore, Fabio De Caro

Overview: Based on Robert Saviano's bestselling book, this gritty Italian crime drama paints a portrait of the brutal Neapolitan crime organisation the Camorra, as seen through the eyes of Ciro Di Marzo, the obedient and self- confident right-hand man of the clan's godfather, Pietro Savastano.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 63734[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Gomorrah[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-05-06[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Based on Robert Saviano's bestselling book, this gritty Italian crime drama paints a portrait of the brutal Neapolitan crime organisation the Camorra, as seen through the eyes of Ciro Di Marzo, the obedient and self- confident right-hand man of the clan's godfather, Pietro Savastano.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

This is what you would get when Sopranos meets The Wire and you set it in Italy.

Just finished season 1, just as gritty as The Wire.

You'll probably have to torrent this, IPT have it and I'm seeding season 1 and 2 on my seedbox

Hosix

All labs matter!
This is a good show. I have not finished it yet but I like it so far.

It's definitely The Wire meets Sopranos. No other way to describe it.

The first episode I was kind of like "meh". Then some shit went down and I was hooked.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Stumbled across this on Netflix and almost finished with season 2. I don't mind the subtitles at all. There's a lot going on but the show definitely delivers. It's up there with my favorite shows. Kind of bummed they don't have season 3 on Netflix yet, but it'll probably be there soon.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watching s3 now

I can't emphasise enough this is a top tier series

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
This is a great series..Also a head's up if you like this, Romanzo Criminale is probably better than this although set in the 80's, you can find it subbed in the usual places.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you like the style, u can try also Suburra. Similar to Gomorrah, just focus on rome criminality instead of naple. Its on netflix, and i think the have a version dubbed in english, still i prefer original version (italian) with subs.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I just finished season 1 and it was alright; it lacked the nuance, characterization and variety of perspective that The Wire had but it was watchable. Pretty much everything takes place from the perspective of several different thugs so everything boils down to insult > kill. It also becomes slow because most of the episodes tend to revolve around only one character at a time and there just isn't enough going on with them to make it all that interesting at 45 min a pop. It was still entertaining but it could have been better, especially the lead up to the ending.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Most shows will never have the depth of The Wire, I don't think Gomorrah is aspiring to but Sopranos x The Wire is the best way to pitch it

Season 3 is well worth the watch

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Season 4 started, get on it.

I dont understand some of the criticisms in this thread, this show is great, and, at the moment, for me, it is the greatest show, tied with Billions.
Just the freaking language used in this show deserves an Oscar and a Nobel prize.
And the authenticity of it all is something the US public cannot really appreciate. This is the real so-called Mafia, not the bullshit from the American movies, romanticized to extreme.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm making my way through this show right now, and I would say it gives The Wire a good run for its money.

Up until a couple days ago, this was streaming on netflix, but they just took it down. It wasn't even on any of the "what's leaving netflix" lists, cause I checked.

So you'll have to find it via alternative means, and FYI it's all in italian with subtitles.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Gomorrahs most negative critics come with the later seasons, where instead of the authentic, bleak character study we got during the first seasons we instead get the "hey guys let's retaliate" Sons of Anarchy pattern, where someone fucks up, gets killed, and more people get killed because why not, with main characters going around doing stupid stuff and being bulletproof like they're in some anime.

If you liked the first seasons, you should check ZeroZeroZero, it's quite decent with good acting and decent writing, from the same author. It's more about international organized crime conspiracy than typical italian Mafia stuff but characters are interesting and it depicts quite well how global it is nowadays. It's very interesting to watch, there's of course some lackluster stuff but it's more of a Traffic movie take, we get to see how it happens on three different levels.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
tenor (18).gif

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I think Gomorrahs most negative critics come with the later seasons, where instead of the authentic, bleak character study we got during the first seasons we instead get the "hey guys let's retaliate" Sons of Anarchy pattern, where someone fucks up, gets killed, and more people get killed because why not, with main characters going around doing stupid stuff and being bulletproof like they're in some anime.

If you liked the first seasons, you should check ZeroZeroZero, it's quite decent with good acting and decent writing, from the same author. It's more about international organized crime conspiracy than typical italian Mafia stuff but characters are interesting and it depicts quite well how global it is nowadays. It's very interesting to watch, there's of course some lackluster stuff but it's more of a Traffic movie take, we get to see how it happens on three different levels.

The later seasons aren't as good for sure but its still a wild ride later.

ZeroZeroZero wasn't great. The good parts were Mexico and Italy the story of the shipping family was just dumb. The N'drangheta wouldn't ever deal with a woman at those levels of crime, and to top it off they were 2 of the dumbest people ever to be involved in the international drug trade.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Season 5 just dropped. I actually bought a months sub to our equivalent of HBO streaming just to watch it rather than wait for torrents.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Finished seasons 1. Great show.

I only have one beef with s1

Ginny's change needed to be seen. You can't spend so much time showing he's a soft and almost innocent guy then hide him for a couple eps and he's suddenly Scarface.

His changed deserved to be seen. Show him in the cell. Have him beaten. Show his descent. Don't just cut to a chest tattoo and a mohawk.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So I'm almost done s2 and i love it but one thing nags at me anytime Ciro and Gennaro interact

No matter what deal they make there's no way it'll hold. Ciro killed his mom! There's no calling it even. So it feels like i can't settle into any deal or peace or compromise they have. And if the series ends with them as buds I'll be very disappointed.

Anyways pls spoiler for your pal adebisi while he catches up

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just watched s03e03

Prob one of the top single episodes of anything I've seen

When they're in the little diner at the end. My feels

Last edited:
TV show information provided by The Movie Database