Google Chrome

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So over the last month or so, when I'm surfing the web I'll click back and the tab will just sit there and spin and not do anything. Everything else is fine, just which I click back it acts like its trying to load something and never does.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You should provide some more context. How long has Chrome been up when it starts? What page are clicking back from/to? Is it just after giving someone multiple negs?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What if you completely reset Chrome?

Click the Hotdog Icon in the upper right corner
Select 'Settings'
Click 'Show advanced settings'
Find the section titled: 'Reset browser settings'
Click 'Reset browser settings'
In the window prompt that appears click 'Reset'

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You should provide some more context. How long has Chrome been up when it starts? What page are clicking back from/to? Is it just after giving someone multiple negs?
I can close it all down and reopen and it's doing ir right out of the gate. My back button basically doesn't work at all anymore. It happens on any and all interweb pages.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
What if you completely reset Chrome?

Click the Hotdog Icon in the upper right corner
Select 'Settings'
Click 'Show advanced settings'
Find the section titled: 'Reset browser settings'
Click 'Reset browser settings'
In the window prompt that appears click 'Reset'
This did not work.
frown.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I can close it all down and reopen and it's doing ir right out of the gate. My back button basically doesn't work at all anymore. It happens on any and all interweb pages.
It's just life telling you to only look forward, not back.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe it's not Chrome? Are you on wifi? I'm sure you've had time where you click on a link and it takes forever to load, so you hit reload or click the link again and it comes up immediately. Maybe shit is getting lost in your intertubes.

Though, to be fair, hitting back shouldn't request a new page. I think the web browser works off cache unless you tell it to refresh. What does the little bar in the bottom left say when this happens?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It's just life telling you to only look forward, not back.
I lol'ed.
tongue.png

Maybe it's not Chrome? Are you on wifi? I'm sure you've had time where you click on a link and it takes forever to load, so you hit reload or click the link again and it comes up immediately. Maybe shit is getting lost in your intertubes.

Though, to be fair, hitting back shouldn't request a new page. I think the web browser works off cache unless you tell it to refresh. What does the little bar in the bottom left say when this happens?
No, I'm hard wired in, nothing else ever hands, just when i click back.

Ther eis no little bar (I think you are referring to the loading bar?) Nothing pops up, just the little circle on the tab itself spins endlessly.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I take it back, oddly enough the back button will work on ESPN.com but no other site i visit. (which is a lot)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I found the issue finally, there was a hidden extension running that was some sort of malware.

Thanks guy.
smile.png

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else having problems with Chrome lately? I've been having some weird problems with pages not loading and links not working on regularly used sites. Similar problems in Chrome on different computers at home and work. I even have one at work where it is displaying a page at a url that does not resolve in DNS. I've heard of a bit of a exodus to Firefox lately, maybe this is why?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm having the problem that Hangouts sucks and I want googletalk back. Fuck you google.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm having the problem that Hangouts sucks and I want googletalk back. Fuck you google.
This... So.. much.. this...

Also for some reason I can't upgrade off 38.0.2125.111 . it says i'm out of date, but that it can't check for updates. but no traffic being generated when I try to check. And nothing on the system that would stop it. odd. Tried completely uninstalling chrome, then downloading a fresh installer and still seems stuck on an older version. Obviously not uninstalling right.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Flash crashes all the fucking time on my computer but that's probably not Chrome's fault.

Column_sl

shitlord
If you are talking about the Flash player you should disable the chrome version ( its called pepperflash). There will be 2 flash players, the adobe one, and the Chrome one ,and they don't work well together.

Type chrome: plugins in the address bar to open the Plug-ins page.
On the Plug-ins page that appears, find the "Flash" listing.
To enable Adobe Flash Player, click the Enable link under its name.
To disable Adobe Flash Player completely, click the Disable link under its name.