Game Streaming Services - Stadia, Geforce Now, xCloud, PS Now

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If that list was all available for a $10 / month sub or something, that'd be pretty cool.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I forgot that I had pre-ordered this until I saw an article about the 12 titles actually available at launch. Cancelled that puppy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If any of you people buy this I am breaking the F-16 out of retirement.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
i have one on pre order

i want to reserve the gamertag 420BlazeIt or 69YourMom

1573659850543.png

• 1Worf

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Getting one, but dont see why I'd keep the sub past the founder's deal yet. It isn't compatible with how I play games if there's no cross-buy or other reason to use the service, not planning on buying any AAA games or anything on it.

Crone

Is the controller just a standard Bluetooth controller? Will it work anywhere else?

The idea is f'ing cool, because I travel every single week for work. The idea of being able to play new games instantly, on hotel internet, without having to download 40+ gigs, is amazing. But if I have to buy all the games at full price on Stadia, and they are all trapped inside their own Eco-system, where no one else is playing, that kind of sucks.

Like Destiny 2, can Stadia players, play with Steam players? I didn't think they were going to be able too?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I have been a supporter of this but I just cancelled due to not really needing a Chromecast anymore. I just stream straight through my smart tv, so I can't picture needing the Chromecast. The Stadia for an extra $80 was just going to be a bonus. I may look into it again once the kids are a bit older.

Crone

I have been a supporter of this but I just cancelled due to not really needing a Chromecast anymore. I just stream straight through my smart tv, so I can't picture needing the Chromecast. The Stadia for an extra $80 was just going to be a bonus. I may look into it again once the kids are a bit older.
Yea, I'm about to cancel.... :(

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Is the controller just a standard Bluetooth controller? Will it work anywhere else?

The idea is f'ing cool, because I travel every single week for work. The idea of being able to play new games instantly, on hotel internet, without having to download 40+ gigs, is amazing. But if I have to buy all the games at full price on Stadia, and they are all trapped inside their own Eco-system, where no one else is playing, that kind of sucks.

Like Destiny 2, can Stadia players, play with Steam players? I didn't think they were going to be able too?

in theory stadia players could play with others, its up to each developer. right now nope, every game is stadia only players if its multiplayer. To be fair only in the last few short weeks has it really started happening at all, between Fortnite hookup up various groups and call of duty letting everyone play together. I'd expect a bigger push for people to demand more cross play in 2020.

nothing really works the way you want to, right now. the controller only works wirelessly with a chromecast ultra, and only the one it ships with. For phones and laptops and PC you have to plug it in. its supposed to be wireless everywhere at some point, but who knows when. It talks to the datacenter directly over WiFi too, it doesn't need your TV (pc, phone, etc) as an intermediary so it should theoretically be extremely low latency. Theoretically. It is apparently really hard to pull off which is why its only launching really with chromecast ultra support.

That would mean you need to plug in that ultra into every TV hotel you visit, which you know is nearly impossible as hotels lock their TV HDMI sources to not allow random shit to be plugged in.

You could use it with a phone (or pc, tablet, etc) but it would have to be wired for now with the controller. That'll work perfectly fine this year.

The only game you get with your 3 month pro trial is Destiny 2, the full version. I'm gonna fuck with that a bit, and i'm basically paying $130 to do it

Crone

in theory stadia players could play with others, its up to each developer. right now nope, every game is stadia only players if its multiplayer. To be fair only in the last few short weeks has it really started happening at all, between Fortnite hookup up various groups and call of duty letting everyone play together. I'd expect a bigger push for people to demand more cross play in 2020.

nothing really works the way you want to, right now. the controller only works wirelessly with a chromecast ultra, and only the one it ships with. For phones and laptops and PC you have to plug it in. its supposed to be wireless everywhere at some point, but who knows when. It talks to the datacenter directly over WiFi too, it doesn't need your TV (pc, phone, etc) as an intermediary so it should theoretically be extremely low latency. Theoretically. It is apparently really hard to pull off which is why its only launching really with chromecast ultra support.

That would mean you need to plug in that ultra into every TV hotel you visit, which you know is nearly impossible as hotels lock their TV HDMI sources to not allow random shit to be plugged in.

You could use it with a phone (or pc, tablet, etc) but it would have to be wired for now with the controller. That'll work perfectly fine this year.

The only game you get with your 3 month pro trial is Destiny 2, the full version. I'm gonna fuck with that a bit, and i'm basically paying $130 to do it
I want to support the technology and I'm tempted to keep it for that reason but sounds like it's gonna be a shit show.

Crone

We're not in the future where hotels can deliver the necessary bandwidth anyway. I'm lucky if I can browse the web half the time.
Traveling every single week, at least here in the Northwest, it has gotten a lot better. With Hilton, I'm Diamond and get their "Premium" tier of internet. That was getting me 15 down/up recently, but I guess that's still not even fast enough for Stadia. Many hotels are starting to offer wired connections as well. Holiday Inn Express I was at recently had 35 up/down on a wired connection. I was pretty impressed.

Although, overall, you are totally correct. Hotel internet is trash. :(

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So is Destiny 2 on Stadia its own thing or do you play with Steam players? How does that work? I feel like Stadia is its own console, basically, which means you'll have like 8 people to play with in Destiny.

spronk

FPS noob
So is Destiny 2 on Stadia its own thing or do you play with Steam players? How does that work? I feel like Stadia is its own console, basically, which means you'll have like 8 people to play with in Destiny.

you only play with other stadia destiny 2 players. yeah its gonna be pretty fucked after a few weeks lol I haven't kept up, weren't console players super far behind in raiding because PC was much more responsive and stuff and you needed that edge? stadias gonna be pretty fucked too i Imagine, i mean hell will there even BE voice chat? how would it work? haha

microsoft's project xCloud really fucking dunked on stadia hard, "50 games right now during beta, included free with gamepass ultimate, will have access to every single digital game you own eventually, works with dualshock 4 controllers and more planned" vs "uh we got 12 games, you gotta pay for em, and our controller isn't really wireless"

Here's a brief rundown of the limitations early adopters will face on day one:
  • "On day 1, PC Chrome gameplay won't support 4K, HDR, or 5.1 Surround Sound." Those features will be added in 2020 for PC players.
  • Stream Connect, which allows one player's Stadia viewpoint to be integrated with another player's stream, will not be available in any launch games. The first game to use it is expected to launch by the end of the year.
  • State Share (which lets users share save files via links) and Crowd Play (which allows for quick jump-in multiplayer through a YouTube stream) won't be integrated into games until next year.
  • At launch, Google Assistant integration will be limited to the ability to turn on the TV and start a game. Soon after launch, the Assistant button on the Stadia controller will work on Chromecast's Stadia homescreen. Assistant support on PCs and phones and during gameplay will come sometime after that.
  • Family Sharing (which lets you buy a game once and share it with accounts held by family members) "is not supported on day one, so you’ll have to buy games for your child’s account." The feature is planned for addition "early next year."
  • There is no Stadia UI for Achievements or Achievement notifications on day one. But if you happen to perform an in-game feat that would earn a specific Achievement, it will show up when the feature is rolled out "shortly after launch."
  • Chromecast Ultra units included in the Founders/Premiere bundles are the only ones that will work with Stadia on day one. Other Chromecast Ultra units will be able to play Stadia games after an over-the-air update "soon after launch."
  • The "Buddy Pass" that lets early adopters offer a free three-month Stadia trial to a friend will be sent "about two weeks after you receive your bundle, barring some unknown unknowns popping up."
  • Currently, "the phone is needed for initial setup and buying games." Buying games through a Chromecast Ultra or the Web is not supported, and the AMA gave no indication if or when it would be added.
  • As previously discussed, mobile support will be limited to Google Pixel phones and ChromeOS tablets at launch. A timeline for general iOS and Android support is still to be determined, but Pixel will likely be the only mobile support "this year," according to the AMA. Google says it "want Stadia to run on every screen eventually."
  • As previously discussed, the Stadia Controller's wireless functions will only work with Chromecast Ultra at launch. To use that controller with a phone or tablet, you'll need to plug it in with a USB-C cable. Generic USB controllers will also work with Stadia on PC or phones, but not on Chromecast.
  • As previously discussed, only 12 titles will be available for purchase on Stadia at launch, with 14 more promised by the end of the year. A handful of other previously announced "launch window" titles on Stadia are planned for early 2020.

• 1Like